Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Updated the UNLV Logo

Maybe TKM should’ve paid you the 50k to design a new logo. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

26 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I updated the UNLV Hey Reb Logo a little bit by adding the feather.  People complained about it missing before.

UNLVLogo1.png

Does the addition of the feather guarantee UNLV will be a member of the “Best of the Rest” conference?

47 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Does the addition of the feather guarantee UNLV will be a member of the “Best of the Rest” conference?

UNLV

SDSU

BYU

Boise

Colorado State

New Mexico

Houston

SMU

Gonzaga (All Sports But Football)

Hey.Reb.jpg

4 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV

SDSU

BYU

Boise

Colorado State

New Mexico

Houston

SMU

Hey.Reb.jpg

Funny.  

Thought you wanted to play football.  Colorado State SMU BYU UNLV.  How is that a best of rest?   Were you trying to make a hoop league?

If you want BOR for hoops you need to add Saint Mary Gonzaga. 

11 minutes ago, slappy said:

Funny.  

Thought you wanted to play football.  Colorado State SMU BYU UNLV.  How is that a best of rest?   Were you trying to make a hoop league?

If you want BOR for hoops you need to add Saint Mary Gonzaga. 

BYU, SMU and Colorado State have all been Top 10 in Football before.  They also have beautiful On-Campus Football Stadiums.

UNLV will have the best Football Stadium in the conference staring at the Las Vegas Strip!   UNLV will lead the MWC in Football and Basketball attendance in 2020.

I added Gonzaga to my Best of the Rest Conference.  9 is better for all sports but Football.  We can use Hawaii/Air Force for extra non-conference Football games if needed.

What was UNLV’s average attendance last year? I’m guessing between 15-20k?

That’s  not gonna look too good in a cavernous NFL stadium (ie The Q). 

Just now, Cincy said:

UNLV will LEAD the MWC in Football and Basketball attendance in 2020.

Mark it down.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

BYU, SMU and Colorado State have all been Top 10 in Football before.  They also have beautiful On-Campus Football Stadiums.

UNLV will have the best Football Stadium in the conference staring at the Las Vegas Strip!   UNLV will lead the MWC in Football and Basketball attendance in 2020.

I added Gonzaga to my Best of the Rest Conference.  9 is better for all sports but Football.  We can use Hawaii/Air Force for extra non-conference Football games if needed.

I still think if a guy was serious about a new conference it would have members that were financially stable and can win football games.  Those are my two requirements that I would not move off.   Once you move away from that you get the old wac, wac, new wac, and the current MW.  If you are going to do something you might as well do it right.  

42 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Mark it down.

No doubt you'll get a boost the first year or two of the new stadium, but how big of a boost? 

I wouldn’t guarantee that it will be more than SUDS/Fresno/Boise. 

51 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Mark it down.

Nothing you've ever guaranteed in the past has ever panned out, so we're all safe from UNLV ever leading in FB attendance.

24 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

I wonder who will be coaching UNLV in 2020 when you LEAD the MWC in football and Basketball attendance.

Randall & Reggie. A couple of Rebel legends.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Cincy said:

No doubt you'll get a boost the first year or two of the new stadium, but how big of a boost? 

I wouldn’t guarantee that it will be more than SUDS/Fresno/Boise. 

There will be a 1 game boost. Then it's the same old Reb high. Nobody in lv gives a shit about unlv. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 minute ago, EZRebel said:

You’re right. Nobody in the 2.5 million living in LV gives a a crap about UNLV. 

UNLV is more of a national brand.

"National Brand" means #1 NCAA FB/BB Team in Mexico.

21 hours ago, Cincy said:

17,449 - 105th in the country

That's 10 grand less than SDSU's lowest attendance of the year for the finale against UNM and the Q looked almost deserted.

Robert has been around these boards as long as I have and ya gotta love his never-say-die attitude about UNLV. However, if you want to know what broadcasts of Rebels games will look like in that new stadium, catch a UTSA home game from the Alamodome this year.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

17,449 - 105th in the country

That's 10 grand less than SDSU's lowest attendance of the year for the finale against UNM and the Q looked almost deserted.

Robert has been around these boards as long as I have and ya gotta love his never-say-die attitude about UNLV. However, if you want to know what broadcasts of Rebels games will look like in that new stadium, catch a UTSA home game from the Alamodome this year.

Savage.