Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Sarah H. Sanders Asked to Leave a Restaurant

6 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

It's not hard. 

You can't refuse to serve a class of people. The law doesn't interpret political leaning as a class. The refusal to serve her could not be extended in any meaningful way to refuse to serve an entire class of people 

So you didn't answer my question.

I understand your original post an this one, which is why I posed that question since it makes a mockery of that policy.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Buchanon inherited a fire and poured gas on it.  He further supported the Kansas-Nebraska act, the Dredd Scott decision spoke to making Kansas a slave state.  

You can not be honest and say Trump is more divisive than the guys who lead to the freaking Civil War.  Good Lord imagine if social media was thing.

If people can’t use hyperbole then how are they supposed to debate?? 

50 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

So you didn't answer my question.

I understand your original post an this one, which is why I posed that question since it makes a mockery of that policy.

i did.

your question:

So what if I am willing to serve gay couples who have come to christs arms?

Can i not then serve all the rest?

insofar as 'com[ing] to [C]hrist[']s arms' is a metaphor for repentance and turning away from the sin of homosexuality, they won't want to get married because they would now understand that as a sin, and so your question doesn't make any sense.  you'd be willing to serve gay folks who want to get married but who realize marriage is wrong...  that is on its face a non-issue.  however, it's entirely possible i misunderstood.  if so, please clarify.

sarah huckabee sanders wasn't being dismissed on grounds of her Christian faith, her anatomy of being a woman, her sexual preference of being straight, or anything else that would add her to a class of people.  the restaurant took issue with her actions.  that was my point in the first place: this is not the same as bakers refusing to sell wedding cakes to gay couples.  this would be the same as bakers refusing to sell wedding cakes to one particular gay couple because they particularly offensive for some reason OTHER than being gay and getting married.

3 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i did.

your question:

So what if I am willing to serve gay couples who have come to christs arms?

Can i not then serve all the rest?

insofar as 'com[ing] to [C]hrist[']s arms' is a metaphor for repentance and turning away from the sin of homosexuality, they won't want to get married because they would now understand that as a sin, and so your question doesn't make any sense.  you'd be willing to serve gay folks who want to get married but who realize marriage is wrong...  that is on its face a non-issue.  however, it's entirely possible i misunderstood.  if so, please clarify.

sarah huckabee sanders wasn't being dismissed on grounds of her Christian faith, her anatomy of being a woman, her sexual preference of being straight, or anything else that would add her to a class of people.  the restaurant took issue with her actions.  that was my point in the first place: this is not the same as bakers refusing to sell wedding cakes to gay couples.  this would be the same as bakers refusing to sell wedding cakes to one particular gay couple because they particularly offensive for some reason OTHER than being gay and getting married.

Evil, You're going to outer hell darkness for saying that.

4 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I heard a timely opinion on one of the business shows this morning. One week we celebrate Anthony Bourdain for encouraging listening, respecting and experiencing life with others you don't generally encounter or sometimes agree with through food. The next week, we have people who tell you that you aren't welcome if you have a different political view. Likely, the vast majority people in this country agree on 90 percent of things.

Oh but that 10%?  That's a wicked 10% :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, AndroidAggie said:

which part?

I'm just picking on you. Nothing you said was controversial nor offensive.

Surprised that you dared to respond to that post though, brave.

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

Where Trudeau will be. 

How do you say Hell in French?

TrudeauEyebrowDJT.jpg

4 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

l'enfer

or 

en enfer

I'd guess
"The Hell"

and

"In Hell"

French Sucks, BTW.

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Probably because he is old enough to know from experience what it feels like. 

True; he was around in the Lunch Counter - "No Coloreds" protest days.

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

What's not civil about kneeling during the anthem?

Or asking SHS to leave? 

There isn't discourse in either of those actions. I have no issues really with Kap taking a knee originally but it really blew up and was counterproductive when sides retrenched to their default beliefs. I actually think it was quite courageous but I also think he had a greater forum and effectiveness if he would have done things differently. Refusing to serve someone due to who they work for is not particularly effective. If you feel so strongly about a subject, how about sponsoring one of the immigrant families for resident alien status like Alyssa Milano.

She better hope the local health inspector doesn't show up in a MAGA hat.   I'm not sure why any small business person would undertake an action that will alienate a significant portion of potential customers, not to mention vendors, service providers etc.  it's counter-intuitive and will probably end up biting her in the ass.  She's essentially relying on the hope that those she will need sometime in the future will be better people than she is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-supporters-leave-big-tip-powerful-message-for-d-c-waitress/

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke