Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Triple-WY

P5 vs G5 nutrition tables

Rocky has complained a lot about this since coming to SDSU. I don't know how much SDSU now spends but I know it's been bumped up quite a bit from the pittance it once was. Of course, under Tom Craft, we didn't have a strength and conditioning coach, we had a SPEED and conditioning coach.:wacko:

Boom goes the dynamite.

@SleepingGiantsFan how could SDSU football have been so good these past few years, and NOT had an S&C coach? 

Maybe you don’t have an official, “hired as” in such a position, but someone there has been doing it. SD football has gotten faster and stronger over the years, so it cant jgust be just Rocky coaching that’s doing it!

Granted the talent level is up, but still, someone has got to be doing S&C for the team there!?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

17 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Take the money out of college athletics before its ruined. 

Obi Wan once thought as you do... you do not know the POWER of the Dark Money... remember, the Olympics once tried to resist the money, too.

220px-Darth_Vader.jpg

This makes me happy with the path that Wyoming is on...

"Wyoming led the Mountain West Conference in nutrition spending at $900,000 last year, three times more than in 2014-15, and has hired two nutritionists."

If CCB can pull off "The Miracle on the High Plains" making Wyoming relevant again in the G5, and possible gaining a NY6 bowl, he would be guaranteed a spot in the College Football Hall of Fame...first ballot.   He's doing all he can with the G5 budget we get to make a P5 team.  We all know it isn't possible in today's landscape, but he's doing it the right way with what he has.

19 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

@SleepingGiantsFan how could SDSU football have been so good these past few years, and NOT had an S&C coach? 

Maybe you don’t have an official, “hired as” in such a position, but someone there has been doing it. SD football has gotten faster and stronger over the years, so it cant jgust be just Rocky coaching that’s doing it!

Granted the talent level is up, but still, someone has got to be doing S&C for the team there!?

What I meant was we didn't have one when Tom Terrific was our OC. Terrific was the epitome of why the former SiriusXM college football morning guy, Bill King, used to say you should never hire anybody to be an FBS head coach who hasn't had significant experience as a HC and/or coordinator at a level where he had to become knowledgeable about scholarship, the APR and other such factors irrelevant to lower levels of football. Terrific's such experience was a mere two years as Ted Tollner's OC, following which Terrific kicked ass as the HC at Palomar JC. Terrific thought his strategy there would translate well to the FBS game but he was dead wrong. Among the things Terrific wanted which wasn't going to work was to have quick, lightweight O-linemen who could get out in front of and block for the bubble screen. I guess that works at the JC level but FBS front seven guys proved to be just as quick as Terrific's linemen with far more muscle and girth.

Rocky Long on Terrific's team while Rocky was at UNM: "If you hit them in the mouth, they head for the beach."

Boom goes the dynamite.

At a big P5 school like Alabama, if not already, they should be cleaning the aisles off of Whole Foods or some other organic store and getting grass fed beef, pasture raised beef, and heritage bred pork.  Also, feed them a paleo diet.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

At a big P5 school like Alabama, if not already, they should be cleaning the aisles off of Whole Foods or some other organic store and getting grass fed beef, pasture raised beef, and heritage bred pork.  Also, feed them a paleo diet.

all s and c coaches worth their salt already prescribe eating of only food which was either obtained from the ground or once had a face. Organic and sustainable sourced are recommended where the athlete can afford It. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.