Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

In the words of Yoda, "There is another."

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

Not to mention that boomers/silent generationers paid in far less in FICA than we are and are expecting more benefits. "not welfare" my ass. 

That is my problem with the boomers.  They paid in with one hand and then elected politicians who took out with the other hand to keep their taxes lower than they should have been.  Now that it is time to pay the piper, they only remember the part about paying in.  "Generational theft" is a very accurate term.

16 minutes ago, nomascows said:

That is my problem with the boomers.  They paid in with one hand and then elected politicians who took out with the other hand to keep their taxes lower than they should have been.  Now that it is time to pay the piper, they only remember the part about paying in.  "Generational theft" is a very accurate term.

Well, there will only be generational theft if and when our budget gets fixed.  We might have another generation or two that rides this out.  I appreciate the implied fix from your guys' generation.  I'll believe it when I see it.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

Well, there will only be generational theft if and when our budget gets fixed.  We might have another generation or two that rides this out.  I appreciate the implied fix from your guys' generation.  I'll believe it when I see it.

We're already seeing it. Far less support per students at public universities, less infrastructure investment, the aforementioned FICA. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

We're already seeing it. Far less support per students at public universities, less infrastructure investment, the aforementioned FICA. 

I was speaking more about the revenue side of the fix

The World Needs More Cowboys!