Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

ACLU has documented the abuses of migrant kids

These abuses are pretty phucking terrible:

Examples of the documented abuses include allegations that CBP officials:

Punched a child’s head three times

Kicked a child in the ribs

Used a stun gun on a boy, causing him to fall to the ground, shaking, with his eyes rolling back in his head

Ran over a 17-year-old with a patrol vehicle and then punched him several times

Verbally abused detained children, calling them dogs and “other ugly things”

Denied detained children permission to stand or move freely for days and threatened children who stood up with transfer to solitary confinement in a small, freezing room

Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported pain, which preceded a stillbirth

Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they “forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so hard that she screamed”

Left a 4-pound premature baby and her minor mother in an overcrowded and dirty cell full of sick people, against medical advice

Threw out a child’s birth certificate and threatened him with sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custody

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

This is terrible. Kids and old people are the most dependent on other people and therefore the most abused. People that prey on either are scum to me.

Also from the article:

“It’s terrifying to think that the horrible abuses described in these documents can continue and perhaps worsen under the Trump administration,” said Astrid Dominguez, director of the ACLU Border Rights Center. “It’s unacceptable that there are no mechanisms in place to shed light on CBP’s abuses and ensure accountability.”

So the issue is less when it happened than why haven't they fixed it, if they haven't?

Laughable nonsense. I didn't see the word"Obama" in the entire article. Only Trump. 

Fix that obvious bias or the report is bullshit.

Also, no use of the word" alleged" yet no actual proof presented.

Do I have to teach you people how to read?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Laughable nonsense. I didn't see the word"Obama" in the entire article. Only Trump. 

Also, no use of the word" alleged" yet actual proof presented.

Typical you would react that way. You're despicable.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

19 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Also, no use of the word" alleged" yet actual proof presented.

Your comment would be laughable if did not exhibit your belief that forcibly tearing toddlers from their parents and placing them in unlicensed facilities does not constitute only a violation of the law but a violation of human decency.  It never ceases to amaze me how little regard Trump and his followers have for not only our laws but for human decency.

5 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

Your comment would be laughable if did not exhibit your belief that forcibly tearing toddlers from their parents and placing them in unlicensed facilities does not constitute only a violation of the law but a violation of human decency.  It never ceases to amaze me how little regard Trump and his followers have for not only our laws but for human decency.

The report is about Obama era abuses.

Say it with me

O-BAM-A

Yet the only president mentione is Trump.

Why would that be?

Additionally, your characterization of current conditions is not substantiated by the facts. Its a childish emotional outburst. 

Phuk me.Why do I even bother?

Believe what you choose

Wallow in your ignorance

Bathe in your hatred

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

The report is about Obama era abuses.

Say it with me

O-BAM-A

Yet the only president mentione is Trump.

Why would that be?

Additionally, your characterization of current conditions is not substantiated by the facts. Its a childish emotional outburst. 

Phuk me.Why do I even bother?

Believe what you choose

Wallow in your ignorance

Bathe in your hatred

And Trump ordered children to be torn from their parents and placed into the environment described in the report.  He ordered that despite the requirements imposed by the settlement in that 1997 case.

It is clear that you could not care less about toddlers torn away from their mothers but care only about putting the blame on someone else.   

39 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

And Trump ordered children to be torn from their parents and placed into the environment described in the report.  He ordered that despite the requirements imposed by the settlement in that 1997 case.

It is clear that you could not care less about toddlers torn away from their mothers but care only about putting the blame on someone else.   

what about RIPPED!  RIPPED  has much more emotion to it....

"Torn" is so cliche

SMH

I can see the tears hitting your keyboard and smell the hot cocoa.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

There’s going to have to be someone besides the ACLU investigating this because they have no credibility at all. Zero.

This is from 2009 to 2014 and they’ll still make it about Trump. The ACLU is as big of an activist entity as there is on the left. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Typical you would react that way. You're despicable.

Please refrain from dumb ass activity. There are two issues at hand, and you’re blending them together. Both sides do it, but the left just can’t get enough of it when it comes to illegal aliens. 

1. What actually happened: Kids being abused is no question horrible and unacceptable. I don’t think anyone on the board thinks that hurting kids is anything but fvcking repulsive.

2. The politics answering these questions: Who hurt what kids? How did it happen? Who’s responsible for the abuse? There will likely be cherry picking, spinning, lying and the whole 9 yards by activist groups with an agenda, and even by those that are responsible for what happened on their watch. 

Don’t mix 1 & 2 together and take someone’s anger about the politics of what happened and claim it’s anger towards the kids and not caring about the abuse the kids had to endure. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

what about RIPPED!  RIPPED  has much more emotion to it....

"Torn" is so cliche

SMH

I can see the tears hitting your keyboard and smell the soy.

fixed 

GO POKES!!!

13 minutes ago, poke em said:

fixed 

Lol only libfags care about murder, assault, and pedophilia you're so right

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Also, no use of the word" alleged" yet no actual proof presented.

No, but we apparently need to teach you how to be a real human being.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

You seem unable to put the blame on the party who was president at the time.   I wonder why that is?

Then you emotional cripples get all upset when your obvious bias is pointed out.

Sure what Trump did is horrible.  This stuff and worse has been going on since 1924 when we started detaining illegals.

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-obtains-documents-showing-widespread-abuse-child-immigrants-us-custody

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014. The documents were obtained by the ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties and the ACLU Foundation of Arizona through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit co-counseled with Cooley LLP.

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

Because emoting like a little bitch over every propaganda peice is what it means to be human.

Pavlov's dog shows more ability to think independently than you leftists.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Because emoting like a little bitch over every propaganda peice is what it means to be human.

Pavlov's dog shows more ability to think independently than you leftists.

Here’s a good quote regarding what @SDSUfan represents:

What’s most telling about this episode isn’t Trump stepping back in the face of public outrage. It’s the millions of Republican who were — are — willing to support an obviously cruel immigration policy. And that, in turn, points to perhaps the deepest problem in American politics in the Trump era: The lethal conjunction of white identity politics and partisanship has made the Republican Party willing to sanction injustices that had previously been unthinkable in modern America.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say