Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Over/Under for Wins

People are gonna use this to simply pick chalk for our pick 'em leagues...

Should we just pin this?

Just kidding, I certainly won't refer to this when making my selections!

New-Signature.jpg

I will take

BYU under 5 wins.  Lock of the year

Unlv under 6

CSU under 5.5

CSU will be lucky to win a meaningful game again this year.  Normally I would say time to fire the coaches again.  But there is no money left.  Sad that Unlv Football is projected to win more games.  What a joke. 

52 minutes ago, slappy said:

I will take

Unlv under 6

CSU under 5.5

CSU will be lucky to win a meaningful game again this year.  Normally I would say time to fire the coaches again.  But there is no money left.  Sad that Unlv Football is projected to win more games.  What a joke. 

I know you are programmed to say nothing nice about CSU, but maybe @Headbutt or one of the other objective CSU fans can chime in on what CSU has coming back. I know they lost a lot of talent. Bobo has been recruiting well from a stars perspective. @LoFasZz, lube time for the MW? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I know you are programmed to say nothing nice about CSU, but maybe @Headbutt or one of the other objective CSU fans can chime in on what CSU has coming back. I know they lost a lot of talent. Bobo has been recruiting well from a stars perspective. @LoFasZz, lube time for the MW? 

I'll bite.  We return very, very little.  That may be a good thing in some spots, but certainly not everywhere.  We have a 5th year senior chucking the rock, and he's never taken a snap for CSU.  A top notch CB transferring in, and he'll be on campus soon.  And so on and so forth.  Talent is a positive though.  We will put a lot of talent on the field this fall.  Unfortunately it is mostly young and inexperienced.  A very good group of RB's and a WR corps that could be the best in the conference IF KJCS can get them the ball.  Just a ton of "if's".  The players are good enough for a 10 win season, but it's unlikely they will be the kind of team (especially early) that can make that happen.  I do expect improvement on defense, but that's not hard to do considering our 2017 performance.  I'll take the over on 5.5, but just barely.  It would be sweet if things gelled early and I was proven wrong though.

7 hours ago, madmartigan said:

I know you are programmed to say nothing nice about CSU, but maybe @Headbutt

Not true at all.  I knew hiring an alcoholic coed chaser would put them behind the 8 ball.  I applauded them when they finally paid his salary not to coach.  

In regards to football.  They might be the worst team in the MW this year.  Yeah I know vegas has SAn Jose State, Hawaii and CSU all right there at the bottom.  Vegas doesn’t usually miss big.  CSU will battle for last place.

25 minutes ago, slappy said:

Not true at all.  I knew hiring an alcoholic coed chaser would put them behind the 8 ball.  I applauded them when they finally paid his salary not to coach.  

In regards to football.  They might be the worst team in the MW this year.  Yeah I know vegas has SAn Jose State, Hawaii and CSU all right there at the bottom.  Vegas doesn’t usually miss big.  CSU will battle for last place.

You do realize that returning production doesn't always mean anything right? We will reload at wr and rb returns a lot. Ol and qb are question marks but I think the offense will be fine. 

Defense returns most impact players and gets a good cb transfer, good Safety back who was suspended and another who might have been our best defender in hicks that was also injured most of last year in conference. Oh ya,  we also got a d coordinator that has had success in a power 5 conference and will be a huge upgrade to marty.

People are right to not know how good we will be, however it's just showing ignorance to say we will be one of the worst for certain. 

Over on CSU, AFA and HA.

Maybe under on USU.

Everything else looks to be within a game or two of being correct IMO and there's not enough margin of safety to bet on a line that is one game off.

15 hours ago, slappy said:

I will take

Unlv under 6

CSU under 5.5

I believe Slappy has now become the odds on favorite in the 2019 Troll Derby.

22 hours ago, 15csu2014 said:

You do realize that returning production doesn't always mean anything right? We will reload

People are right to not know how good we will be, however it's just showing ignorance to say we will be one of the worst for certain. 

When you have been around the block enough times you will realize Vegas knows best.  I like the optimism, but I side with Vegas.  Last place battle coming up. 

16 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I believe Slappy has now become the odds on favorite in the 2019 Troll Derby.

Not for me.  It got pretty messy this year.  Lots of shananigans.  Just glad they got it straight @ph90702 finally won.  He deserved it. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, Headbutt said:

A very good group of RB's and a WR corps that could be the best in the conference IF KJCS can get them the ball.

From what I’ve read, I think FS may have the best group of WR’s along with a QB that will sling it when the option is there...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

From what I’ve read, I think FS may have the best group of WR’s along with a QB that will sling it when the option is there...

I've read that too.  It'll be interesting to find out.  We return some really good WR talent and add former 4* Tennessee transfer Preston Williams who might be better than Gallup. 

Whoever ends up with the best group, both teams will have a strength.  My biggest concern is whether our new O-Line will be able to let KJCS show why he was a 4* coming out of HS.

12 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

You could be right but Nevada is the only MWC school to pass for over 400 yds & they did it 2X.  The QB & all but 1 receiver are coming back.  Now if we could just get an average Def we might surprise.

3 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

You could be right but Nevada is the only MWC school to pass for over 400 yds & they did it 2X.  The QB & all but 1 receiver are coming back.  Now if we could just get an average Def we might surprise.

Nevada should have a good offense this year but Demps is not a small loss.  Unlike CSU, Nevada and Boise, Fresno does not lose their most productive target.  I know Boise fans are really high on Octavius Evans and some of the recruits we have coming.  CSU seems pretty hyped on Preston Williams.  Any new names we should remember that could break out for Nevada this year?

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nevada should have a good offense this year but Demps is not a small loss.  Unlike CSU, Nevada and Boise, Fresno does not lose their most productive target.  I know Boise fans are really high on Octavius Evans and some of the recruits we have coming.  CSU seems pretty hyped on Preston Williams.  Any new names we should remember that could break out for Nevada this year?

You're right, Demps is a big loss.  But Mannix, O'Leary-Orange & Armstrong all had 4 or more TDs & Fr Henley added 3 more.  They make up a pretty good group.  Elijah Cooks could break into that group.