Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLVFan90

Pick 10: Team Headbutt

24 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Now we wait for the season to start.  Sometimes somebody will put all the rosters up against vegas predictions etc. and try to guess who's going to win it all.  That's fun, but never right.  If you're bored you can go help the other teams.  I'm sure they'd appreciate some input from our squad.

Oh I know, this is like my 4th or 5th time playing. 

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Oh I know, this is like my 4th or 5th time playing. 

So go help the other teams.  I'm sure they'd appreciate it.  :D

So according to my maths, with this team that didn’t get +++++ed up with a bunch of no-picks, wins in the mid-low 70s should take it. I see three players with the best potential to do that.

ICYC, here is an order of finish based on an average of vegas and Athlon predictions and a little bit of rounding on my part:

1. Wapitipoke34, TheSanDiegan

3. Cgzpack

4. BSUTOP25

5. Bigd, SJSUMFA2013, Badfish, Headbutt

9. Retrofade

10. AztecSU, Trl87

12. WYO1016

13. Slappy

58 minutes ago, cgzpack said:

So according to my maths, with this team that didn’t get +++++ed up with a bunch of no-picks, wins in the mid-low 70s should take it. I see three players with the best potential to do that.

ICYC, here is an order of finish based on an average of vegas and Athlon predictions and a little bit of rounding on my part:

1. Wapitipoke34, TheSanDiegan

3. Cgzpack

4. BSUTOP25

5. Bigd, SJSUMFA2013, Badfish, Headbutt

9. Retrofade

10. AztecSU, Trl87

12. WYO1016

13. Slappy

My own assessed over/under is 73; my target is 75. But would that be enough to win? :shrug: I've only gotten in on this game one other time (two seasons ago) and don't remember how many wins took 1st place. I thought post season (CFP and bowls) counted too, so my calculus was off. I feel pretty good about eight of my ten picks this year tho.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Just now, Boise fan said:

1640533130_WhiteTeam2018Draft2-page-001.thumb.jpg.7cfb96357600c65e31f23cf0ee634e3d.jpg

Thanks again for all the updated charts man - I sincerely appreciate it. Last time I printed one of those fvckers out every week and tracked every. single. game.

And I look forward to doing ti again this season too. :D

27 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My own assessed over/under is 73; my target is 75. But would that be enough to win? :shrug: I've only gotten in on this game one other time (two seasons ago) and don't remember how many wins took 1st place. I thought post season (CFP and bowls) counted too, so my calculus was off. I feel pretty good about eight of my ten picks this year tho.

I have you and Wap at 69-72 wins (I'm at 68-72). IIRC that 72 # is right where the winner usually is - scoring 75+ would be a blow out (of course that's not applicable to the teams who have one or more no-shows for the draft).

2 hours ago, cgzpack said:

I have you and Wap at 69-72 wins (I'm at 68-72). IIRC that 72 # is right where the winner usually is - scoring 75+ would be a blow out (of course that's not applicable to the teams who have one or more no-shows for the draft).

Interesting. And good to know. I'm sure there's a HIC (Homer Inflation Coefficient) factor baked into my own estimate.

I would have participated last year as well but missed the boat, which was a damn shame because the first time I took part two years ago was a freakin' blast. There had always been a non-Aztec, non-MWC game or two over a given weekend that I was interested in, but never before had I been jonesin' for scoreboard updates like Tyrone Biggums and shit.

7IaW.gif