Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Hutchison one of 19 invited to draft day green room.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/16/list-of-players-reportedly-invited-to-nba-draft-green-room/

His stock seems to be climbing.  Could go before his #22 guarantee from the Bulls. 

Leighton was a late riser too. Pretty cool if they get a 1st rounder in both basketball and football the same season. 

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/16/list-of-players-reportedly-invited-to-nba-draft-green-room/

His stock seems to be climbing.  Could go before his #22 guarantee from the Bulls. 

Yes, but where does Josh Allen fit in all this? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

It's looking likely that BSU will have 1st rounders in both the NFL and NBA drafts in the same year...that is pretty damn impressive and would really reflect well on the current strength of BSU's athletic programs. I know some other MWC schools have had this happen in the past, but it is probably going to occur far less often in the future for G5 teams if the divide between G5 and P5 continues to lengthen.

He could potentially be a heckuva pro if he works on shot consistency and defense. With his size and athleticism he could become a lock down defensive guard like Bruce Bowen if he works on it. He already is a good defender. He just needs to take it up another level. There are very few lock down defenders in the NBA these days. He also needs to cut down on turnovers. I think he knew he had to carry the team in college and took a lot of risk. 

I think the pro game will suit him more than the college game. He seems to be at his best in open court situations rather than in a structured offense. 

7 hours ago, KingBronco said:

It's looking likely that BSU will have 1st rounders in both the NFL and NBA drafts in the same year...that is pretty damn impressive and would really reflect well on the current strength of BSU's athletic programs. I know some other MWC schools have had this happen in the past, but it is probably going to occur far less often in the future for G5 teams if the divide between G5 and P5 continues to lengthen.

Boise also just finished as the #1 G5 school in the D-Cup standings. All in all, a pretty good year for Boise athletics. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Even when that was a popular sentiment, it was never true. They annually do well in the D-Cup. 

I love me some D-Cup!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

The D-Cup I've always felt was bigger than the C-Cup. 

Bigger isn't always better, but in this case it is. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.