Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Boise State Preview

Holy crap. I hope that was a joke. If it wasn't, that was the biggest dog shet article that I can remember reading. Could you not find an adult to write for you? Even if that was a joke, super weak.

I felt the article leaned a bit to hard on the "scrappy underdog" theme and on a one-year sample size against P5 teams. History goes back further than one year after all. 

As an example. Alexander Mattison did not "come out of nowhere". He had offers from four different Pac-12 schools. 

I didn't think the article was as bad as some have stated earlier in this thread. I thought it was pretty solid overall. But it's also waaaay to heavy on drinking the P5 Kool-Aide. If BSU is the class of the conference, has owned it for years, and is going to run roughshod this upcoming year but there's somehow some huge divide between us and the P5, then that implies some pretty unflattering things about the rest of the conference.

Also worth noting that Oklahoma State is a Big-12 team, not an ACC or SEC team and that BSU just went into a bowl game against a big-name opponent last year in Oregon and knocked them off.

The feedback is appreciated.  We are still getting our feet underneath us here so bear with us.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I seriously didn't think it was that bad aside from the P5 stuff. Having additional content to read on the site isn't a bad thing at all. Thanks Mug.

I liked the article.  It was fine, in my opinion.  However most Boise fans are not going to read an article callin us donks in the title, they will assume huge prejudice by the author.

Same as if a Boise fan wrote a Nevada preview and titled it "UNR Wolf_space_Pack".  

JMHO.

I personally really liked it because it had a MWCboard feel to it.  But some might not.

45 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I liked the article.  It was fine, in my opinion.  However most Boise fans are not going to read an article callin us donks in the title, they will assume huge prejudice by the author.

Same as if a Boise fan wrote a Nevada preview and titled it "UNR Wolf_space_Pack".  

JMHO.

I personally really liked it because it had a MWCboard feel to it.  But some might not.

For the record I didn’t write it but the author is doing puns with all the previews.  Zoomie Apocolypse, Donk Dynasty. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with for CSU. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I honestly thought the article was borderline terrible. Grammatically and structurally it was fine, however, I'm pretty sure that a monkey could have provided just as insightful analysis. It was also quite clear that the author's understanding of the BSU program is, at best, only as good as any other run-of-the-mill college football fan (the dude doesn't really know shit and it shows). Hence, the article lacks even the hint of credibility because it lacks the nuts and bolts of how he thinks BSU will finish 11-1. I also thought it was rather interesting that he chose the BSU article to spout off his description of the huge gap between the P5 and G5...I'm pretty sure BSU has been the poster child for debunking that myth over the years.

I don't expect these articles to blow flowers up the asses of the respective fanbases, but if this guy is going to get paid by viewership he may want to tone down the P5 elitist tone of his articles on the MWC board.

You know it's a good article when the most homertastic donk fans are ass-chapped...nice work. And for you phuck-tard donks, blue turf is gay.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

For the record I didn’t write it but the author is doing puns with all the previews.  Zoomie Apocolypse, Donk Dynasty. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with for CSU. 

It's bad all the way around. When u have d4me liking anything bsu related u have a problem

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

13 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

You know it's a good article when the most homertastic donk fans are ass-chapped...nice work. And for you phuck-tard donks, blue turf is gay.

So is copying Tennessee's checkerboard end zones. The Blue is original!!

down in a hole.jpg

9 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

So is copying Tennessee's checkerboard end zones. The Blue is original!!

@Broncomare be like:

IMG_1117.GIF

5 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I felt the article leaned a bit to hard on the "scrappy underdog" theme and on a one-year sample size against P5 teams. History goes back further than one year after all. 

As an example. Alexander Mattison did not "come out of nowhere". He had offers from four different Pac-12 schools. 

I didn't think the article was as bad as some have stated earlier in this thread. I thought it was pretty solid overall. But it's also waaaay to heavy on drinking the P5 Kool-Aide. If BSU is the class of the conference, has owned it for years, and is going to run roughshod this upcoming year but there's somehow some huge divide between us and the P5, then that implies some pretty unflattering things about the rest of the conference.

Also worth noting that Oklahoma State is a Big-12 team, not an ACC or SEC team and that BSU just went into a bowl game against a big-name opponent last year in Oregon and knocked them off.

I'm not going dissect the article. But you're right about Alexander Mattison. He was also THE highest rated player in the MW in that class. But he came out of nowhere? 

I guess my question  to you would be, did you learn anything from that article? Was there good information? Any new perspective?

It was 20 year old jokes and cynical opinion. The only thing that resembled information was about what they lost and very little about what they bring back and almost nothing about what they bring in. Even the one player that they mentioned bringing in only mocked the irony of where he came from and not what he brings to the table. 

It has nothing to do with it being about Boise. It would be a garbage high school newspaper article. 

For example, I caught about 5 minutes on the radio today that was talking about the MW. This was about Fresno and mentioning that while they lost four starters in the DL, they brought up that that return 8 of the 12 in the 3-deep and how much they rotated the 3 lines. That's interesting and gives good perspective on what you can expect from the incoming Fresno team. This article had none of that type of analysis. 

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

I could have written your response. It equals the informative content of the article. Wait, are you the author?