Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

SDSU & UNLV representing at the US Open

Shinnecock is playing tough, and it's only Friday. But late in the 2nd round, San Diegan and UNLV alumn Charley Hoffman and #Aztec4Life Scott Piercy are currently in 2nd and 3rd on the US Open Leaderboard.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Xander Schauffele is also within striking distance.  Here's a picture I took from behind the 3rd green on Thursday.  McIroy is playing from the fescue, while Mickelson and Spieth watch.

IMG_0446.thumb.JPG.338695def9438d2cbcbd953612a9d1d5.JPG

14 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Xander Schauffele is also within striking distance.  Here's a picture I took from behind the 3rd green on Thursday.  McIroy is playing from the fescue, while Mickelson and Spieth watch.

IMG_0446.thumb.JPG.338695def9438d2cbcbd953612a9d1d5.JPG

Nice! I've never sat/stood in a gallery even once, despite the yearly tour stop here at Torrey Pines (as well as the '08 US Open).

TBH tho, if I was to attend just one event, I would be camping out in the gallery at 16 at TPC Scottsdale. Second choice would be 18 at St. Andrews.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Nice! I've never sat/stood in a gallery even once, despite the yearly tour stop here at Torrey Pines (as well as the '08 US Open).

TBH tho, if I was to attend just one event, I would be camping out in the gallery at 16 at TPC Scottsdale. Second choice would be 18 at St. Andrews.

I've had the good fortune of attending a bunch of professional tournaments including 7 US Opens. I went to high school on Long Island and usually make the trip back when US Opens are held in the New York Metro area to visit firends, attend the tourney, and play golf.This will probably be my last time.The US Open has gone the path of many great sporting events that are more concerned about money and TV; its no longer spectator friendly.

Here's another photo.  Zach Johnson in the rough on 15.  Then a couple of shots with Garcia, Rahm, and Cabrera Bello that give an idea of how high the fescue rough is.

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.349918fcab4ced5d97dfdc6898ce5417.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

43 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I've had the good fortune of attending a bunch of professional tournaments including 7 US Opens. I went to high school on Long Island and usually make the trip back when US Opens are held in the New York Metro area to visit firends, attend the tourney, and play golf.This will probably be my last time.The US Open has gone the path of many great sporting events that are more concerned about money and TV; its no longer spectator friendly.

Here's another photo.  Zach Johnson in the rough on 15.  Then a couple of shots with Garcia, Rahm, and Cabrera Bello that give an idea of how high the fescue rough is.

IMG_0444.thumb.JPG.349918fcab4ced5d97dfdc6898ce5417.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

I watched Ian Poulter duff a chip shot into that shit today en route to a triple on 8. Not surprised he only made it onto the fringe.