Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SalinasSpartan

Internet question for Vegas people

So I currently have Cox preferred which runs at 50mbps, and it works great. Centurylink has a 25mbps plan that is basically half the price though, so I was thinking about switching. I don’t want to overpay for internet, but I don’t want crappy internet either. Does anybody out here in Vegas have internet through centurylink? If so, how is it?

13 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

So I currently have Cox preferred which runs at 50mbps, and it works great. Centurylink has a 25mbps plan that is basically half the price though, so I was thinking about switching. I don’t want to overpay for internet, but I don’t want crappy internet either. Does anybody out here in Vegas have internet through centurylink? If so, how is it?

Do not go with Centurylink. I personally have not used them but I know at least 4 people who have in different parts of the valley and they all say it sucks and when you want to cancel it is a pain in the ass. 

They came to my door last week and tried to sell me and when I told them how bad I heard they were their reply was in parts of the valley they stink but overall are better than Cox. Of course my street was one of the best areas according to them. I passed. 

59 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Do not go with Centurylink. I personally have not used them but I know at least 4 people who have in different parts of the valley and they all say it sucks and when you want to cancel it is a pain in the ass. 

They came to my door last week and tried to sell me and when I told them how bad I heard they were their reply was in parts of the valley they stink but overall are better than Cox. Of course my street was one of the best areas according to them. I passed. 

Thanks. I have only heard bad things about centurylink as well, but I was holding out hope I would get one positive response to justify making the switch. But it’s moot anyway, I brought it up to my wife and before I could say the price she said, “I don’t want centurylink I heard it phuckin sucks”. So, decision made lol. 

51 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Thanks. I have only heard bad things about centurylink as well, but I was holding out hope I would get one positive response to justify making the switch. But it’s moot anyway, I brought it up to my wife and before I could say the price she said, “I don’t want centurylink I heard it phuckin sucks”. So, decision made lol. 

I have cox in my office, and it's ok most of the time but there are some hiccups - THink there will be hiccups no matter who you go with it's technology and sometimes it doesn't work