Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Rebel Fan Council

Apparently fans can sign up to be on a council that the administration will listen too.

Thank you for your interest in joining the 2018-2019 UNLV Rebel Fan Council. Please fill out the form below for consideration. The Rebel Fan Council will act as the official fan advisory board for the UNLV Rebels, and will give Rebel fans the opportunity to work directly with athletics department administration to improve the fan experience at UNLV athletic events. Rebel Fan Council members will serve a one-year term, with the opportunity to reapply at the conclusion of the current term.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVl2c1Pg2kzdMzEOfYMtiHuHiXRwCGmcjtw8LCJ40YIOe5TA/viewform

It’s actually not a bad idea. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nevada had this. Groth regime days. They listened to our ideas and then proceeded to do everything like they’ve always done them. Rory about blew a gasket when I suggested that alum not living in Reno be able to purchase tickets for Norte Dame without having to buy season tickets. Also smirked when I suggested AD should work with university to configure the north parking lot to ensure spaces are used on game day so that fans who can’t afford parking don’t have to walk across McCarran. I still believe that the loss of the south parking lot changed the trajectory of Nevada football. Tailgating in the D1AA days was better than it is now by a factor of 10 because of how choppy parking is on north campus. 

Not sure if Knuth does this. 

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Apparently fans can sign up to be on a council that the administration will listen too.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVl2c1Pg2kzdMzEOfYMtiHuHiXRwCGmcjtw8LCJ40YIOe5TA/viewform

Are you going to apply? 

"And we strongly believe that the official website for athletics should be the MWC Board." 

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

Are you going to apply? 

"And we strongly believe that the official website for athletics should be the MWC Board." 

I like the way you think. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Yeah let’s work for free to give them great ideas for FREE that they can use and take credit for.

Sounds exactly like what we already do here.  Why do we need a council?  They can just keep stealing ideas from us here!

More Dr. Pepper

Real live baby sharks that live underground at center court at the Mack with see through glass so that everyone can look down on them and see them.

Hey Reb repelling from the Rafters before every game!

Let Fraternity brothers choose the cheerleaders and dance team members.

Band members can’t eat during the game. Nobody over 25 in the the band.

Get rid of all the handicapped seating and just pay whatever bullshit fine it is.

Remove the disgraceful and embarrassing Jerry Tarkanian stage that has him sitting down on the side of the Thomas and Mack.  Have a new statue of Tark standing up pointing with a towel in the other hand and place it right in the GOD DAMN FRONT of the T&M where it belongs!

They don’t want me on this council.

Paint the +++++in Thomas and Mack.The Red outside has faded and it is pink now, make it look like it is supposed to be.

Win.   Please win.  It is the only thing that will fill the place.  We want people to come to see the Runnin’ Rebels.  Not who the Runnin’ Rebels are playing.

Smart idea by the rebel AD.  Lots of great ideas from the masses:

• More pulling of coaches from high school ranks.  Get em before they're known outside of the state.  It is a winning strategy.
  • More support of UNR basketball with 'strategic' losses.  UNR is going to be a money maker for the state over the next couple of years.  Ride that horse wolfpack!
  • Host more P5-on-P5 bowl games in your stadium.  Great conference exposure!

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

4 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Nevada had this. Groth regime days. They listened to our ideas and then proceeded to do everything like they’ve always done them. Rory about blew a gasket when I suggested that alum not living in Reno be able to purchase tickets for Norte Dame without having to buy season tickets. Also smirked when I suggested AD should work with university to configure the north parking lot to ensure spaces are used on game day so that fans who can’t afford parking don’t have to walk across McCarran. I still believe that the loss of the south parking lot changed the trajectory of Nevada football. Tailgating in the D1AA days was better than it is now by a factor of 10 because of how choppy parking is on north campus. 

Not sure if Knuth does this. 

It did seem during that time, every time someone brought something up that could possibly enhance the gameday experience, they already had an excuse ready why they couldn't do it. I remember when suggesting once about maybe putting a bounce house or some activities for the kids to do because well the kids get bored after a while at a young age at football and baseball games, the response was it wasn't their responsibility to watch people's kids. Or got in a discussion with one of the people in the department about how they couldn't understand that win or lose why people didn't come out for football games like they do in the midwest and they shouldn't have to advertise to get people to come out to the game. I know there was a group of us that kept telling them this isn't the midwest or south. Things work differently out here but they went back to well people should just come out no matter what argument. 

I think Rory went nuts when a few of us also suggested maybe running buses from area high schools to and from the stadium. Charge people a certain amount to ride the bus. That why they wouldn't have to fight for parking at Mackay and maybe get more people to go when they know they could park elsewhere and get rid of that headache.

It just seemed to me under Groth, they asked for suggestions but they really never had any intention to listening to any of them which I think is just as bad or worse than not asking for feedback. 

At least with Knuth on two things I wrote him an e-mail about with regards with football games, within two games they were fixed.

Guest #1Stunner
8 hours ago, mugtang said:

@RebelRobert

@Rebels18

@ph90702

@Yellow Evan

@UNLV2001

@4UNLV

@DaveMcCann

@Rebelbacker

Who am I missing?

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

There was a lot of excitement at the last fan council meeting!

8820877_web1_spt-unlv-jun29-17_ml-9-2.jp

this logo is a huge disgrace.   The normal UNLV logo is pretty cool.  This one is garbage.

Guest #1Stunner
42 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

What about me?

Friend, please forgive me.  You are defininately on the list as a true Rebel.  I'll add you.  I'm sure I am forgetting others...

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah let’s work for free to give them great ideas for FREE that they can use and take credit for.

Sounds exactly like what we already do here.  Why do we need a council?  They can just keep stealing ideas from us here!

"Stealing???"  Aren't y'all on the same team?

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

"Stealing???"  Aren't y'all on the same team?

It is not right to ask people to give you ideas for free when you are being paid to come up with those ideas.

Some are being paid quite generously to come up with those ideas I might add.

If the Athletic Director wants to give up her salary, I will gladly fix the athletic department for her for free.

Its nice that they want to try to get people involved but in my experience there is only one way to do that.

WIN.

23 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

It did seem during that time, every time someone brought something up that could possibly enhance the gameday experience, they already had an excuse ready why they couldn't do it. I remember when suggesting once about maybe putting a bounce house or some activities for the kids to do because well the kids get bored after a while at a young age at football and baseball games, the response was it wasn't their responsibility to watch people's kids. Or got in a discussion with one of the people in the department about how they couldn't understand that win or lose why people didn't come out for football games like they do in the midwest and they shouldn't have to advertise to get people to come out to the game. I know there was a group of us that kept telling them this isn't the midwest or south. Things work differently out here but they went back to well people should just come out no matter what argument. 

I think Rory went nuts when a few of us also suggested maybe running buses from area high schools to and from the stadium. Charge people a certain amount to ride the bus. That why they wouldn't have to fight for parking at Mackay and maybe get more people to go when they know they could park elsewhere and get rid of that headache.

It just seemed to me under Groth, they asked for suggestions but they really never had any intention to listening to any of them which I think is just as bad or worse than not asking for feedback. 

At least with Knuth on two things I wrote him an e-mail about with regards with football games, within two games they were fixed.

Nevada boosters have a weird segment.  There are a vocal few that seem to bemoan and oppose any spending on athletics but still consider themselves sports fans.  They really just do not get it, they think austerity is a responsible thing, despite the FACT that money would be put elsewhere, it would just not be spent/donated period.  Very weird.  Nothing else like it in the conference. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nevada boosters have a weird segment.  There are a vocal few that seem to bemoan and oppose any spending on athletics but still consider themselves sports fans.  They really just do not get it, they think austerity is a responsible thing, despite the FACT that money would be put elsewhere, it would just not be spent/donated period.  Very weird.  Nothing else like it in the conference. 

During the Groth years, her administration did piss off a lot of season ticket holders and many boosters as well which Knuth is trying to rebuild right now. Some people who have given to the University in the past that i talked to stop giving when Groth was in charge because of how much they disliked and didn't trust her after dealing with her. Some of them are starting to comeback now but the Groth administration did a lot of damage when they were here to the athletic program.