Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Things your boss does to annoy you rant thread ...

Just now, bluerules009 said:

I understand you can't admit you're wrong.  Is that a "calling", too?

Why can't your "calling", be that you are going to help the students public teachers have failed by TEACHING them?

You literally cannot accept that other people have passions. You must be a boring dude irl. 

Not according to the IRS.  Otherwise Lockheed Martin and all government contractors would be employees. HA! HA!HA!HA! HA!

You also can't admit you showed an opening. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

You literally cannot accept that other people have passions. You must be a boring dude irl. 

You literally cannot accept that not only are their many teachers outside the public school system.  You cannot accept that they might make more money and do more good for kids teaching them for more effectively outside the environment of a public school.  Not only that there are many other teaching opportunities.  i teach EMT and paramedic classes.  Teachers teach continuing education classes for attorneys, real estate agents, EMT's, CCW classes, teachers, and a million other things outside public school. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

You also can't admit you showed an opening. 

I didn't show any opening.  You showed you are ignorant of tax law and one of the biggest models of business in this country which is farming government contracts.   Defense contractors, environmental firms even I did it building office buildings for the department of agriculture which is no different from a holder of a doctorate degree using a contractual relationship with a University and a state or federal government to run a business.  Even defense contractors will sign contractual agreements with Universities, it is a great source of cheap labor.

You literally cannot accept that not only are their many teachers outside the public school system.  You cannot accept that they might make more money and do more good for kids teaching them for more effectively outside the environment of a public school.  Not only that there are many other teaching opportunities. 

Where in all my my comments did I limit it to public schools? I specifically stated that if you start your own school you end up doing admin work instead of teaching. 

i teach EMT and paramedic classes.  Teachers teach continuing education classes for attorneys, real estate agents, EMT's, CCW classes, teachers, and a million other things outside public school. 

That's a fair point that I hand't considered, I was stuck in a K-12 education mentality.

I didn't show any opening.  You showed you are ignorant of tax law and one of the biggest models of business in this country which is farming government contracts.   Defense contractors, environmental firms even I did it building office buildings for the department of agriculture which is no different from a holder of a doctorate degree using a contractual relationship with a University and a state or federal government to run a business.  Even defense contractors will sign contractual agreements with Universities, it is a great source of cheap labor.

Oh ffs. Professors are employees. Period. Hell the research arrangement you describe was most common in... corporations like Bell. The employer gives generous terms because it's a limited resource, but it's employment. As an aside, basing any definition on the US tax code is... dicey. You know that. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

54 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Oh ffs. Professors are employees. Period. Hell the research arrangement you describe was most common in... corporations like Bell. The employer gives generous terms because it's a limited resource, but it's employment. As an aside, basing any definition on the US tax code is... dicey. You know that. 

A contract is not employment.   As the IRS says and common sense agrees.   Plus they are not professors, they do not teach.

A contract is not employment.   As the IRS says and common sense agrees.   Plus they are not professors, they do not teach.

So NFL players aren't employees?

Again, the IRS has definitions like including dental offices as manufacturies and so on. Not the best source.

Fair enough, not professors, researchers. They're employees. They also often have big enough heads that they pretend they aren't. 

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So NFL players aren't employees?

Again, the IRS has definitions like including dental offices as manufacturies and so on. Not the best source.

Fair enough, not professors, researchers. They're employees. They also often have big enough heads that they pretend they aren't. 

NFL contracts are contracts for employment through a union connection.  A totally different thing.

Morrison has a contract with the University of Arizona to use their students as a workforce and to pay them for it.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

NFL contracts are contracts for employment through a union connection.  A totally different thing.

Morrison has a contract with the University of Arizona to use their students as a workforce and to pay them for it.

And your buddy has a contract for employment through his university.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

I specifically stated that if you start your own school you end up doing admin work instead of teaching.

My wife is a teacher. More than half of what she does now is admin work. Grading papers, inputting grades, writing up lesson plans, IEP's etc.