Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Air Force Preview

Totally ignores the fact that AFA was -10 in turnover margin (mostly fumbles) which is unheard of for a TO offense and I think the worst TO margin in AFA history.  Only way they win just three games is if they turn it over more than last year.  I have them winning 8-9 games and being the surprise contender to Boise in the Mtn division.

41 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I imagine they going to continue their streak as the dirtiest team in college football?

Have to get them ready for a career bombing civilians and hospitals.

All class per usual. 

I was hoping for more info on AF's rushing unit... Phil Steele ranked their RB unit #33 in the country and #1 in the MWC, far above both SDSU and UNLV.

The comment about not being able to go to the NFL being the reason military academies have difficulty recruiting is debatable.  Admission standards are probably a bigger factor.  Plus, while there is a military commitment after graduation exceptions have been made for grads who were NFL or NBA talent (Napolean McCallum and David Robinson for example, who played pro ball and did some "recruiting duty" during the off season).

7 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

I was hoping for more info on AF's rushing unit... Phil Steele ranked their RB unit #33 in the country and #1 in the MWC, far above both SDSU and UNLV.

The comment about not being able to go to the NFL being the reason military academies have difficulty recruiting is debatable.  Admission standards are probably a bigger factor.  Plus, while there is a military commitment after graduation exceptions have been made for grads who were NFL or NBA talent (Napolean McCallum and David Robinson for example, who played pro ball and did some "recruiting duty" during the off season).

Don't besmirch the man.

https://www.usna.edu/Notables/featured/07robinson.php

Selected by the San Antonio Spurs as the number one NBA draft pick in 1987, the man known as 'The Admiral' put off his rookie season until the 1989-90 season due to his commitments to the Navy.

https://www.biography.com/people/david-robinson-21101291

Robinson was so good, in fact, that the downtrodden Spurs had chosen him knowing full well that the franchise would have to weather Robinson’s two-year military commitment before he could make his NBA debut.

If you make this show up in a google news search, I'd bet you get a lot more traffic.  Not sure what needs to be done in order for that to happen, but SBnation is there  so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Air Force discussion always talks about their offense, which is always consistent (30+ ppg every season since 2013). But their defense is the determining factor for whether they will have success or not. Their defense gave up 32 ppg in 2017, a touchdown more than they'd given up the previous 3 seasons.  Now they lose more than half of their already poor defense and top 3 tacklers.  I'd expect them to just miss out on bowl eligibility once again, something like 5-7 or 4-8.

18 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If you make this show up in a google news search, I'd bet you get a lot more traffic.  Not sure what needs to be done in order for that to happen, but SBnation is there  so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Thanks for the tip and that’s a brilliant idea.  I submitted the news section to Google to be published on their news site.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

39 minutes ago, RamSack said:

There's no way in hell that AFA goes 3-9. Army sucks, Nevada sucks and so does UNLV.  That makes 'em 6-6 with CSU and Wyo being toss-ups.

Remember when you barely beat a Nevada team that sucks last season? 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

45 minutes ago, RamSack said:

I do.  I didn't make any statement about CSU being very good either.  

Fair point 

18 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I imagine they going to continue their streak as the dirtiest team in college football?

Have to get them ready for a career bombing civilians and hospitals.

They’ll continue to defend your right to make idiotic statements.

15 minutes ago, Sputnik46 said:

They’ll continue to defend your right to make idiotic statements.

We haven't been in a war since planes were invented that was a war of defense of the country.   Every war since that point was a war of choice (we chose to be in the war and/or our actions forced someone to attack us) with no chance of the USA being invaded.

Go a head though, act like I haven't heard all these brainwashed ideas fools like you fall for.

I don't feel the Air Force needs to bomb hospitals or kill civilians to defend me.   Maybe you do.

5 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

We haven't been in a war since planes were invented that was a war of defense of the country.   Every war since that point was a war of choice (we chose to be in the war and/or our actions forced someone to attack us) with no chance of the USA being invaded.

Go a head though, act like I haven't heard all these brainwashed ideas fools like you fall for.

I don't feel the Air Force needs to bomb hospitals or kill civilians to defend me.   Maybe you do.

Not playing with you today. Go hump somebody else’s leg.

6 minutes ago, Sputnik46 said:

Not playing with you today. Go hump somebody else’s leg.

I imagine you need to get back to playing with your mobile above your crib.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-mosul-civilians-airstrike-20170324-story.html

https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/asia/afghanistan-doctors-without-borders-hospital/index.html