Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Muss is the best.

Good interview with Tom Tolbert.

http://www.knbr.com/tolbert-lund-2/

Talks about playing faster with more guys next year; the players coming in, not including JB, averaged 152/gm in the last year they played; might need a few more basketballs out there!

@kingpotato talks about playing time, @halfmanhalfbronco mentions the league MWV coming back:ph34r:

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Good interview with Tom Tolbert.

http://www.knbr.com/tolbert-lund-2/

Talks about playing faster with more guys next year; the players coming in, not including JB, averaged 152/gm in the last year they played; might need a few more basketballs out there!

@kingpotato talks about playing time, @halfmanhalfbronco mentions the league MWV coming back:ph34r:

I think you have mistaken me. I've been all over the UNR train this year. If I cared enough I'd go pull some of my quotes from one of the 47 recent UNR basketball threads... but I don't care that much.

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

I think you have mistaken me. I've been all over the UNR train this year. If I cared enough enough I'd go pull some of my quotes from one of the 47 recent UNR basketball threads... but I don't care that much.

Ohhh.... I though it was you who was questioning how Muss will keep everyone happy next year with limited minutes. It's a good question, a nice problem but a good question.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Ohhh.... I though it was you who was questioning how Muss will keep everyone happy next year with limited minutes. It's a good question, a nice problem but a good question.

Listen convert, you really need to learn to tell the difference between @KingBronco and @kingpotato.  :lol:

He's 1-2 against Dutcher. Expect more of the same this year.

To Be The Man You Have  Beat The Man

Wooooo!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Oh, like I have a problem telling the difference between similar monikers. I think the most closely alike one that I almost screwed up was you, halfmanhalfbronco, and halfdickhalfvagina. 😂

There is that classic convert wit.

19 hours ago, renoskier said:

Another interesting thing he mentions was conditioning and how last year, even with their ridiculously short bench, Nevada called the fewest timeouts of anyone in the NCAA, only .7/gm!.

The next closest team called 1.21 timeouts per game. Gigantic chasm. It's incredible the level of conditioning Muss and the strength staff brought to the program upon arrival. Polar opposite from Carter years who's team ran out of gas in the second half almost routinely.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

19 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I think you have mistaken me. I've been all over the UNR train this year. If I cared enough I'd go pull some of my quotes from one of the 47 recent UNR basketball threads... but I don't care that much.

You forgot a few zeros. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

As your Devil's Advocate for all things Nevada basketball in 2018-19, here is my latest attempt to dampen the manic hysteria of Nevada fans (I fear I will not have much success).

Muss is going to be like a chainsaw juggler in regard to PT next season. An increased tempo offensively will probably help get more newcomers on the court but consequently, will likely significantly reduce the minutes of the veterans who have been accustomed to receiving huge minutes in the past. The big 3 might not take too kindly to that since they only have one more year to prove their worth to the NBA.

The depth is definitely a great problem to have and winning will cure a bunch of issues...but there will still be plenty of PT pitfalls that will need to be successfully negotiated for Nevada to reach their potential.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

There is that classic convert wit.

Looks like DickNation @PackNation was sticking up for you (no pun intended), so you should be comforted with that revelation. DickNation doesn’t tolerate anything that has to do with half a dick. If you want to be a dick, it has to be 100% dick, or no dick at all.

kat.jpg

Why are we talking basketball when football season is about to start???  Oh, yeah.......:P

down in a hole.jpg

17 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Muss will play his best guys.  The Martins and Caroline will still get big minutes..Muss is paid to win games.

Team chemistry is as important a component as any in sports. Muss has his work cut out for him, imo.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

He mentioned in one of his interviews he would like to have 10 on the active roster.  I think all will play in some games but for the most part he will go with an 8 man rotation.  Nobody is promised minutes but they can all compete for playing time..The practices should be spirited..