Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward.

To date, Cohen has been represented by Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison of the Washington and New York firm, McDermott, Will & Emery LLP.

No replacement counsel has been identified as of this time.

Cohen, now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-cooperate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

This week has the potential to be crazy...

IG report tomorrow. Manafort in court on Friday with a decent chance he ends up in jail. Cohen/Trump discovery deadline with the special master in the SDNY investigation on Friday. A lot of stuff is going to come out, and who knows what way it'll go. 

1 minute ago, NWRebel said:

I guess he doesn't need to spend the money on legal representation when he knows comrade trump is going to pardon him.

I don't think Trump wants to pardon him of anything... because it'd mean Cohen would no longer be eligible to plead the Fifth about anything related to these expected charges. 

A friend of President Trump's former longtime attorney Michael Cohen said Tuesday that Cohen is considering providing information to investigators about Trump's activities and business dealings.

CNN reports that one of Cohen's friends, who went unnamed in the article due to being in current contact with Cohen, said that he is "willing to give" information on Trump and his business to investigators with Robert Mueller's special counsel office.

"He knows a lot of things about the president and he's not averse to talking in the right situation," the source told CNN. "If they want information on Trump, he's willing to give it."

"He feels let down by him and isolated by him," another friend of Cohen's told CNN.

Cohen has been under mounting pressure as investigators look at allegations of improper lobbying activities and possible campaign finance law violations related to his 2016 payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels over her alleged affair with Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/393118-cohen-ally-says-he-may-cooperate-with-investigators-against-trump

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Could be a lot of fun seeing the trump family shady dealings be brought into the sunlight - Even if there is nothing to do with Russia, this could send the trump clan into collective bankruptcy (again) 

Get the popcorn ready - the trump mental meltdown will be one to see - god all mighty & Odin too, I hope trump gets hauled into court to testify :cheer:

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

Could be a lot of fun seeing the trump family shady dealings be brought into the sunlight - Even if there is nothing to do with Russia, this could send the trump clan into collective bankruptcy (again) 

Get the popcorn ready - the trump mental meltdown will be one to see - god all mighty & Odin too, I hope trump gets hauled into court to testify :cheer:

I wonder if he can shed any light about why the Trump org., who historically was leveraged up to the eyeballs on every project, has paid in cash for every deal since 2006. 400 million bucks worth. 

12 hours ago, jackmormon said:

I wonder if he can shed any light about why the Trump org., who historically was leveraged up to the eyeballs on every project, has paid in cash for every deal since 2006. 400 million bucks worth. 

Got to be a ton of little things trump doesn't want known - deals with partners he's screwed, shady financing, tax evasion, payoffs to officials, loans from organized crime and on and on 

The business dealings of trump could bring him down sooner than any Russian campaign issues............and the business issues could take down Don Jr, Eric, Ivanka & Jared (Jared's father is already in prison!) 

Prosecutors will get their hands on over 4 million files seized from the former personal lawyer for President Donald Trump after a judge on Tuesday ordered most of the materials released to investigators probing the lawyer’s business dealings.

U.S. District Judge Kimba M. Wood said lawyers for attorney Michael Cohen, Trump and the Trump Organization can make final designations on items subject to attorney- privilege or deemed highly personal by Wednesday night. After that, criminal prosecutors can begin analyzing undesignated files, the judge said.

Wood did carve out an exception for 22,000 documents after the Trump Organization said it needed more time to study those materials. The judge set a new deadline of July 5 for those documents.

https://www.apnews.com/69d77cc0670b4de48ba01a7edf763035

popcorn_yes.gif

I'm taking a wait and see approach here. I get the impression that Cohen is sending out bat signals here.

"I might cooperate if I don't get some help fast here....and seriously, I have the dirt!"

Another nothingburger. 

Anither deal where he is pleading to crimes that happened years prior to the campaign, with charges unrelated to anything in the Mueller Investigation.

Wake me up when they actually find something to do with the campaign, oo even anything remotely linked to Trump.

Has everyone forgotten all of the others who are "cooperating with investigators" who have also not produced one iota of material implicating Trump?

SMH.

9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Another nothingburger. 

Anither deal where he is pleading to crimes that happened years prior to the campaign, with charges unrelated to anything in the Mueller Investigation.

Wake me up when they actually find something to do with the campaign, oo even anything remotely linked to Trump.

Has everyone forgotten all of the others who are "cooperating with investigators" who have also not produced one iota of material implicating Trump?

SMH.

Cohen was actively working on Trump Tower Moscow right up until just before the inauguration. Oh, and Cohen hasn't been charged with anything (yet), so I'm not sure what the +++++ you're even talking about. Cohen has been with Trump for over a decade, and it's safe to say that he knows where the proverbial (and who knows, maybe physical) bodies are buried. 

52 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Cohen was actively working on Trump Tower Moscow right up until just before the inauguration. Oh, and Cohen hasn't been charged with anything (yet), so I'm not sure what the +++++ you're even talking about. Cohen has been with Trump for over a decade, and it's safe to say that he knows where the proverbial (and who knows, maybe physical) bodies are buried. 

Like I said, wake me up when the next smoking gun that really isn't anything at all comes down the pike.

Remember when Flynn cooperated? Yeah, that really took down Trump. So it will be with Cohen. Everything they have on him is shady shit he's been doing for years. Trump wasn't his only client or business interest.

Like I said, YAWN.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Another nothingburger. 

SMH.

Cohen has been caught lying about his trip to Prague. If he wasn’t there meeting with the Russians and making payments to the hackers, why did he make such a big deal with his claim that he had never been to Prague in his life. Why do Trump and his associates who have met with Russians lied about it every single time? Jr with Trump’s help.

How do you know they have produced relating to Trump?

It looks like things may be heating up soon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-26/mueller-poised-to-zero-in-on-trump-russia-collusion-allegations

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Like I said, wake me up when the next smoking gun that really isn't anything at all comes down the pike.

Remember when Flynn cooperated? Yeah, that really took down Trump. So it will be with Cohen. Everything they have on him is shady shit he's been doing for years. Trump wasn't his only client or business interest.

Like I said, YAWN.

Yeah, Flynn is getting a sweetheart deal and providing nothing in return. That’s the way these things work. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Like I said, YAWN.

Actually, Trump was (is?) a VP at the Trump Organization, and was Trump's personal lawyer. 

41 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Yeah, Flynn is getting a sweetheart deal and providing nothing in return. That’s the way these things work. 

Same with Papadopolous, Gates, and the rest of them... they all got sweetheart deals for absolutely nothing.