Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

UA, Nike, Adidas: ¿How much is your school making?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

14 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿If that is true, why don't they sponsor YBU sports?  The rosters at The-Y are full of old men w/kids & mini-vans.

I’ve never understood the need for an upside down question mark at the beginning of a sentence. It’s like, “Yo dude, here’s a heads up that there’s going to be a question mark at the end of the sentence just in case you blow right through and miss it. It’s not going to be wearing an orange hunting vest, so make sure you keep an eye out for the little feller.”

Seems awfully unnecessary, but whatever. 

kat.jpg

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I am glad @GoState99755 learned some things in this thread, the value of other conferences merchandise deals, that they are not actually paid in cash but equipment, and that 2 mil a year deal with UA sucks.

¿Is this the 3rd -or- 4th time you brought up the fact that cash is only a portion of the deal? 

¿What's the over/under, on how many more times you are going to make this point on this thread?

12 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Is this the 3rd -or- 4th time you brought up the fact that cash is only a portion of the deal?

¿What's the over/under, on how many more times you are going to make this point on this thread?

None now that you acknowledged it for the first time, making your prior post seem, well, as dumb as it was.  #cashingchecks.  There is something to be said for owning it when you are wrong and draw incorrect conclusions due to a lack of understanding..  You should give it a try for once.

Oh and it was the second time.

On 6/13/2018 at 7:50 PM, RogueStout said:

I thought so too but have to confess my wardrobe is a lot more mtn bike brand centric and Adidas/Nike/UA don’t move the needle is that arena.

FWIW I think UA is a lot bigger with the hunting/fishing set these days (maybe?).

UA was really cool for about 18 months a decade ago. 

I actually really like UA stuff, I prefer it to Nike.  I like UA for athletic clothing and New Balance for athletic shoes.  But I am not a recruit or a school looking at brand penetration value.

On 6/13/2018 at 6:42 PM, kingpotato said:

Being aTop-50 Collegiate Licensing School makes it really hard to leave Nike. Being Top-50 gets you in to markets all across the country. Max market appeal is the goal as the money is made on the apparel sales and not the uniform contract number. If Boise ever drops out of the Top-50 they may look at that, but I don't ever see them leaving as long as they get Top-50 distribution. 

I knew a guy whose cousin broke his neck trying to do what you're doing...

Image result for clerks broke his neck

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Memphis signed an 11.3/5 year deal with Nike in 2008 that pays out 2.26 million per year. Memphis renewed that same deal in 2013 to run through this year.

http://gotigersgo.com/news/2008/11/12/Memphis_Signs_Exclusive_All_Sports_Contract_With_Nike.aspx

Memphis is currently in negotiations with Nike to go all 'Air Penny' and re-brand under Nike/Penny's '1 Cent' brand.

02d8f8e44e3e7b1fa36fda0fea880a43.jpg

mem skyline sig.jpeg