Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Border Crisis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/they-just-took-them-frantic-parents-separated-from-their-kids-fill-courts-on-the-border/2018/06/09/e3f5170c-6aa9-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html

+++++ing unbelievable.  

I have no problem with a rational disagreement on how many and under what conditions we allow immigrants.   Reasonable people can disagree.  I have a major problem with a policy of strippin children from their parents.  It’s simply abhorrent.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, sactowndog said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/they-just-took-them-frantic-parents-separated-from-their-kids-fill-courts-on-the-border/2018/06/09/e3f5170c-6aa9-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html

+++++ing unbelievable.  

I have no problem with a rational disagreement on how many and under what conditions we allow immigrants.   Reasonable people can disagree.  I have a major problem with a policy of strippin children from their parents.  It’s simply abhorrent.

Pathetic.  Heart breaking article.  Get out and vote in midterms and presidential election.  I know who i won't be voting for.

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time!

Don't force people do to time if they haven't committed a crime?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Except it’s not a crime to claim refugee status.   Typical brainless response from the right.

Not all of them are claiming refugee status.  The United States has a finite amount of resources.  We need to take care of Americans first!!!  Our infrastructure is growing old and problematic by the day, we can't take care of Vets & all of the inner city problems.  But yet the stupid left, says welcome to all, here's a house & food stamps & medical care, without any clue as to how to pay for it all.   In 1775 we had problems in this country and the citizens took up arms and changed this country.  That's what these people need to do.

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, happycamper said:

Don't force people do to time if they haven't committed a crime?

Entering our country illegally is a crime!! 

down in a hole.jpg

Just now, Broncomare said:

Asking for asylum is a crime?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Also, what's with the authority cock sucking? If a law is unjust, it's unjust. Authorities in Germany and the USSR and Cambodia were "following the law". It doesn't make them not monsters. 

Just now, NorCalCoug said:

Curious, who exactly were they asking for asylum as they snuck past the border in the middle of the night?

Lol two damn stripping threads and I didn't check.

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

Not all of them are claiming refugee status.  The United States has a finite amount of resources.  We need to take care of Americans first!!!  Our infrastructure is growing old and problematic by the day, we can't take care of Vets & all of the inner city problems.  But yet the stupid left, says welcome to all, here's a house & food stamps & medical care, without any clue as to how to pay for it all.   In 1775 we had problems in this country and the citizens took up arms and changed this country.  That's what these people need to do.

Yes, Americans first and if babies are separated from parents we don't care!  Come on.  Just think a little bit and put down the Trump propaganda.  Or change it off of Fox.  Why do we have to separate a 4 year old kid from the mom?  And one reason we don't have money to pay for things is idiotic presidents working with an inept Congress to pass tax cuts with no way to pay for them.  All the same party by the way.  You know, the one that rode a wave of fiscal responsibility to the majority.  The other guys were the tax and spend party.  Well, until they controlled Congress and then WH.  Then... Not so much.  But that's a different topic.  Showing empathy, sympathy, love for fellow human being like a Christian, morals, whatever you want to call it, what this article states is plain wrong.  I don't care if it's written on a piece of paper that it's legal.  It's wrong.  In 1775 we didn't have this country by the way.  The US was founded on July 4, 1776.  It was declared independent from Great Britain.

57 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Curious, who exactly were they asking for asylum as they snuck past the border in the middle of the night?

Are they trying to sneak in or are they just walking across and turning themselves in?

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Except it’s not a crime to claim refugee status.   Typical brainless response from the right.

Except you have to claim refugee status in the first safe country you enter and that was at least mexico.

They are not refugees they are illegal economic immigrants.

3 hours ago, Broncomare said:

No, it's not.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Well played! The 'ol Immigrants vs Veterans False Dichotomy. I feel like I'm reading my grandma's Facebook feed.

1 hour ago, NorCalCoug said:

LOL, it most certainly is.

you're right, i was thinking of a different situation and misread.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time!

I bet that new law of taking children from speeders will cut down on speeding.  They are endangering those kids.  Don't do the crime. ..yeehaw!:police:

Posted Image