Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sactowndog

Border Crisis

8 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

781701.jpg

Nah. We'd all be dead. 

27 minutes ago, Extra Mayo said:

Oh so Trump's mandate was "look at all the stuff Obama did wrong and continue those"? Man @BSUTOP25 was right, no matter who you voted for you were electing Obama 2.0

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Phony stories of grief huh?  The man has no soul.  At least other Republicans are FINALLY speaking out.  El Paso Mayor, who is Republican, was on CNN this morning and said border wall would never work.  Also spoke against the rhetoric in DC.  El Paso is 19th largest city in US and is one of safest cities per FBI year after year.  Averages less than 20 homicides a year.  Spoke about the large hispanic population and how manufacturing jobs and trade create jobs in El Paso.  Gave great interview actually.  About time.  It's amazing to listen to an educated politician, democrat or republican, give an interview and then compare to Trump and his tweets.  Kudos to CNN for letting him speak uninterrupted about what he found when he went to Tornillo to see first hand what was going on with other mayors and what a border city really is like, as opposed to someone who has no clue.

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Jesus I put this guy on ignore and I can still see him when people quote him?  @mugtang that should be fixed.  First poster I have put on ignore as he is clearly not mentally well.

But because he was quoted and now I can see his post SJSUmfakdcjlsjd or whatever, you have a clear history of being emotional and ridiculous.   Your recent Nazism comparison is just a microcosm of you as a poster.  

Damn bronco, take a hit:hookah:

18 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Navy has been directed to plan a “temporary and austere” camp to detain up to 47k migrants on Camp Pendleton. 

http://bit.ly/2KbOw8m

I suggest they also plan a designated free speech area at the entrance to the base. 

The man we all hate is doing more than the Dems have ever done. Critique away. On any more Obama era pictures you can post?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

The moral of the story is that there needs to be a new immigration law that allows for an easy and streamlined process to allow people to move to the United States provided they 1. pass a thorough background check to make sure they don't have a criminal, radical group, or terrorist history, 2. ensure they have all the proper vaccinations and are not already carrying certain diseases and viruses, 3. are not involved with or a victim of any form of human trafficking. It's impractical to have a completely open border without any security or vetting system .. anyone who suggests that today is either out of their mind or they have a political agenda. 

Our country needs immigrants for many reasons. Not only do immigrants help fill labor intensive jobs that a lot of Americans refuse to do but many others also create new companies and spur innovation. If you look at the breakdown of startup companies in the Silicon Valley, a majority of them are owned or ran by immigrants. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Are the illegals being forced to cross the border illegally or are they volunteering to do it? Do their kids have a choice?

Depends on what you think about refugee status. Never mind, I know how you think. No their kids do not have a choice. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Get back to me when the military kids are taken from the parent left behind and caged. 

You get back to me when the kids parents are killed in Conflict protecting your freedom. In fact, you probably got some Navy family is there in San Diego with you, send your last post to them.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You get back to me when the kids parents are killed in Conflict protecting your freedom.

When all other arguments fail, wrap yourself in a flag. 

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is the rights reductio ad hitlerum which is very popular among the left on the board lately.

I haven’t made any Nazi comparisons. I’m simply saying what we are doing is morally wrong.

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The moral of the story is that there needs to be a new immigration law that allows for an easy and streamlined process to allow people to move to the United States provided they 1. pass a thorough background check to make sure they don't have a criminal, radical group, or terrorist history, 2. ensure they have all the proper vaccinations and are not already carrying certain diseases and viruses, 3. are not involved with or a victim of any form of human trafficking. It's impractical to have a completely open border without any security or vetting system .. anyone who suggests that today is either out of their mind or they have a political agenda. 

Our country needs immigrants for many reasons. Not only do immigrants help fill labor intensive jobs that a lot of Americans refuse to do but many others also create new companies and spur innovation. If you look at the breakdown of startup companies in the Silicon Valley, a majority of them are owned or ran by immigrants. 

I would add another criteria:  

1) A scoring mechanism is fine.   We should want the best a brightest

2) you should not be eligible for benefits until having paid 20 years of taxes. 

3) people should be able to bring parents/relatives as long as not a burden on the social safety net programs.