Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Trump and Utah

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Really, what were his vote totals outside of Utah? Next to nothing.

Every Mormon candidate in Utah makes it known that they are a Mormon. If there aren't a Mormon, they don't bring up their religion.

Every candidate everywhere brings up their religion.

Seriously, have you never lived outside of Utah???

2 hours ago, madmartigan said:

The fact that Trump got smoked in Utah during the republican primary by Ted Cruz has yet to be mentioned. That also should be taken into account when talking how much Utah/Mormons/Republicans love Trump. This is by no means scientific, and may have more to do with the group I run with, but the Utah voters I know generally despised Trump as he didn't represent their family values.

It's pretty easy if you're politically/religiously in a minority in a given state to blame the majority for something. My view is that Utahans don't generally like Trump and would've voted for almost anyone else had the other option(s) not been so atrocious. I would've been all aboard with a candidate like Joe Biden on the democratic side given that Trump was my other choice. 

I was trying trying to point out that the low percentage Trump got in Utah in the General was heavily influenced by McMullen. If he hadn't been on the ballot, almost all of those votes would have gone to Trump.

PS. I stood in line for four hours to vote for Cruz in the primary.

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

I was trying trying to point out that the low percentage Trump got in Utah in the General was heavily influenced by McMullen. If he hadn't been on the ballot, almost all of those votes would have gone to Trump.

That was dumb.

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

You’re a registered republican? I would not have guessed that. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

In Utah, the only election that matters is the Republican primary. By the time it gets to the general election, the decision has already been made.

Today, Peay is devoted to hunting advocacy. Over the years, his not-for-profit groups have been instrumental in pushing policies to eliminate coyotes and prevent the recolonization of wolves on public lands across Utah in an effort to increase the size of deer and elk herds.

Translation: "We don't want nature nature. That's gross. No, we want a nice scenic place where we can take our double-chinned offspring to shoot stuff within a hundred yards from our truck so we can still make half-priced dessert hour at Applebee's later."

11 hours ago, jackmormon said:

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

He is a registered liar.