Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Inspector General Report on the Clinton Investigation set for release June 14

On 6/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, bluerules009 said:

Whats the over under on who gets prosecuted Comey or Trump?

My money is on neither, but Comey is giving Trump a run for his money as he has broken laws while no crime has been attributed to Trump yet.

That's not how over-unders work. You're lucky none of our Vegas-based friends saw this.

I would encourage anyone to actually read the report yourself if you really care about it. Both sides are going to spin as much as they can and it's already started. 

Reminder. This report is only on the Clinton investigation. There are two other reports to come, including on the FBI investigation of the Trump team. 

But the report, by the department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, does not challenge the decision not to prosecute Mrs. Clinton. Nor does it conclude that political bias at the F.B.I. influenced that decision, the officials said.

“We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations,” the report said, according to one official who read the sentence to The New York Times. “Rather, we concluded that they were based on the prosecutor’s assessment of facts, the law, and past department practice.”

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I would encourage anyone to actually read the report yourself if you really care about it. Both sides are going to spin as much as they can and it's already started. 

Reminder. This report is only on the Clinton investigation. There are two other reports to come, including on the FBI investigation of the Trump team. 

So... the Nunes memo was "bigger than Watergate", when that was a dud, you pointed to the IG report of the Hillary buttery males investigation as what would be "bigger than Watergate". Now that it looks like this IG report says that the buttery males investigation had no political bias, you're saying that other IG reports are going to be the real ones that bring everyone down and show clear bias. 

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So... the Nunes memo was "bigger than Watergate", when that was a dud, you pointed to the IG report of the Hillary buttery males investigation as what would be "bigger than Watergate". Now that it looks like this IG report says that the buttery males investigation had no political bias, you're saying that other IG reports are going to be the real ones that bring everyone down and show clear bias. 

Key words you used are "looks like". You and I haven't read it. Very few people have and the reporters that are filing things now are getting leaks from people that want to put a spin on things. Maybe you just parrot what you read from biased sources but I actually want to read it for myself before I pass judgement. The facts are this is the first of three IG reports. Spin that however you want. 

Look, it doesn't matter what it really says you are going to think what you want. You've already made your position clear and nothing is going to change it so there is no point to argue anything with you. Your opinion is clear and I don't really care about it. 

It's rich to see you talking about reports that are duds. How many stories have you posted in the last year that amounted to nothing? Let me know when trump is impeached. 

4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Key words you used are "looks like". You and I haven't read it. Very few people have and the reporters that are filing things now are getting leaks from people that want to put a spin on things. Maybe you just parrot what you read from biased sources but I actually want to read it for myself before I pass judgement. The facts are this is the first of three IG reports. Spin that however you want. 

Look, it doesn't matter what it really says you are going to think what you want. You've already made your position clear and nothing is going to change it so there is no point to argue anything with you. Your opinion is clear and I don't really care about it. 

It's rich to see you talking about reports that are duds. How many stories have you posted in the last year that amounted to nothing? Let me know when trump is impeached. 

I'm not the one that's been trumpeting everything as what's going to bring everyone down, is "bigger than Watergate," or whatever else you've said. As far as the other IG reports go, I didn't see anything of that nature listed on the DOJ IG page. I honestly may have missed it, so my apologies if that's the case. The only one that I can find is the FBI actions leading up to the 2016 election, particularly as they related to the Clinton email server. 

https://oig.justice.gov/ongoing/all.htm

Or are you saying that there will be three reports as part of those efforts? I'm genuinely curious. 

Now, as far as the "spin" goes, there have been direct quotes given to news outlets, particularly the New York Times, who is one of the most accurate sources of news out there. Perhaps you'd prefer to go with the AP... who is as close to free of bias as you can really get.

https://apnews.com/e5f20d965ad244b4b9b45a4412d2e4df/Watchdog-sees-errors,-not-bias,-in-Comey's-Clinton-probe

We'll really see when this thing is released to the public in about 25 minutes, but it's certainly not looking "bigger than Watergate" so far. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

But for sure, the IG reports are going to expose the Deep State and blow the Mueller investigation out of the water. Right? It will make Watergate look like shoplifting a snickers bar. Right?

12 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

But for sure, the IG reports are going to expose the Deep State and blow the Mueller investigation out of the water. Right? It will make Watergate look like shoplifting a snickers bar. Right?

Wasn’t Strzok part of Mueller's team at one point? :hmmm:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Wasn’t Strzok part of Mueller's team at one point? :hmmm:

Mueller had him removed as soon as he found out about text messages derogatory to Trump. Almost a year ago. When did you start chasing conspirasists?

13 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I'm not the one that's been trumpeting everything as what's going to bring everyone down, is "bigger than Watergate," or whatever else you've said. As far as the other IG reports go, I didn't see anything of that nature listed on the DOJ IG page. I honestly may have missed it, so my apologies if that's the case. The only one that I can find is the FBI actions leading up to the 2016 election, particularly as they related to the Clinton email server. 

https://oig.justice.gov/ongoing/all.htm

Or are you saying that there will be three reports as part of those efforts? I'm genuinely curious. 

Now, as far as the "spin" goes, there have been direct quotes given to news outlets, particularly the New York Times, who is one of the most accurate sources of news out there. Perhaps you'd prefer to go with the AP... who is as close to free of bias as you can really get.

https://apnews.com/e5f20d965ad244b4b9b45a4412d2e4df/Watchdog-sees-errors,-not-bias,-in-Comey's-Clinton-probe

We'll really see when this thing is released to the public in about 25 minutes, but it's certainly not looking "bigger than Watergate" so far. 

No you're the one that says that Trump should be impeached and post every story you can find that has turned out to be nothing. 

I've said that the top levels of the DOJ and FBI were dirty in the Obama admin. Considering most of them were fired for cause or resigned I'd say I've been vindicated.

From what I was told the IG is also investigating the leaks out of the DOJ and FBI and the DOJ/FBI role in the Trump investigation(FISA, etc). These investigations are in conjunction with Huber.

If you want spin I can do it but what's the point?

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

No you're the one that says that Trump should be impeached and post every story you can find that has turned out to be nothing. 

I've said that the top levels of the DOJ and FBI were dirty in the Obama admin. Considering most of them were fired for cause or resigned I'd say I've been vindicated.

From what I was told the IG is also investigating the leaks out of the DOJ and FBI and the DOJ/FBI role in the Trump investigation(FISA, etc). These investigations are in conjunction with Huber.

If you want spin I can do it but what's the point?

Don't lie about me like that. I've said that if the allegations against Trump are true, then he needs to be impeached. 

So you're basing your claims of a second and third IG report off of hearsay. Gotcha. I was concerned that I had really missed something on the DOJ IG webpage. Are the same sources that told you that the same ones that said that the Nunes memo would be bigger than Watergate? In this report, they make mention of the leaks as they relate to the buttery males investigation, but there's not a lot substantial in there that I've seen yet. 

Just now, retrofade said:

Don't lie about me like that. I've said that if the allegations against Trump are true, then he needs to be impeached. 

So you're basing your claims of a second and third IG report off of hearsay. Gotcha. I was concerned that I had really missed something on the DOJ IG webpage. Are the same sources that told you that the same ones that said that the Nunes memo would be bigger than Watergate? In this report, they make mention of the leaks as they relate to the buttery males investigation, but there's not a lot substantial in there that I've seen yet. 

Yeah, you really are impartial about Trump aren't you? Do you not recall the childish temper tantrum you threw two weeks ago because I do. 

No, I'm basing my claims on what Huber is investigating with the IG. Do you even know who Huber is? This has been made public months ago. 

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

568 Pages. See you guys in a couple of days, I guess.

I recommend reading the Hamilton biography instead, and when you're done, return to this thread and assume that the truth is in the middle of whatever is being argued about.

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You only like conspiracies about Russians. 

I'm still waiting for your promise that reality is going to slap me across the face like Jamie Foxx's penis to come true.

How is Flynn's motion to reverse his guilty plea coming?

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

One more thing I forgot. If you didn't want him impeached you wouldn't post every nonsense story you see that comes out. 

Just be honest. I support Trump you hate him. To say you haven't made up your mind is a lie. We all have seen it by your actions.

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Yeah, you really are impartial about Trump aren't you? Do you not recall the childish temper tantrum you threw two weeks ago because I do. 

No, I'm basing my claims on what Huber is investigating with the IG. Do you even know who Huber is? This has been made public months ago. 

I'm not impartial about Trump... I think he's a disgrace to the office of the president, and to this country. That being said, I have only said that he should be impeached if the allegations are true. I'm not certain what's so difficult about that for you to understand.