Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Inspector General Report on the Clinton Investigation set for release June 14

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/07/618054375/doj-report-expected-to-be-stinkbomb-for-comey-and-lynch-now-set-for-release

The Justice Department's internal watchdog is set to release a hotly anticipated report next week that is expected to condemn department leaders and the FBI over the investigation during the 2016 presidential campaign into Hillary Clinton's private email server.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz told Congress on Thursdaythat he planned to release the report in one week, on June 14, then appear at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing about it the following Monday, June 18.

The IG report is expected to excoriate then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch, then-FBI Director James Comey and other officials over their handling of the inquiry into the private email server that Clinton used when she was secretary of state.

Earlier findings from the report led to the firing of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who also faces potential criminal charges.

giphy.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I hope they take her and Trump to jail together in the same patty wagon!  LOL  

Nobody cares what happens to Hillary but the right just can't let her go even though they won the election!  Has been person and issue.  

Posted Image

My guess is the main criticism will be Comey's public criticism in July and breaking FBI policy by announcing they were reopening the investigation within 60 days of an election.

I seriously doubt it will be because they didn't file charges, or that the investigation was partisan.

Someones dreams are about to get shattered again.

43 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I hope they take her and Trump to jail together in the same patty wagon!  LOL  

Nobody cares what happens to Hillary but the right just can't let her go even though they won the election!  Has been person and issue.  

The right didn’t order this investigation, Obama did.

Edit: Nevermind. Horowitz made the decision himself.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, jackmormon said:

My guess is the main criticism will be Comey's public criticism in July and breaking FBI policy by announcing they were reopening the investigation within 60 days of an election.

I seriously doubt it will be because they didn't file charges, or that the investigation was partisan.

Someones dreams are about to get shattered again.

So is this a type of veiled warning to another Seth Rich out there?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 6/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The right didn’t order this investigation, Obama did.

Edit: Nevermind. Horowitz made the decision himself.

The right did order the Mueller investigation though. ;) 

Can we also get one about Scooter Libby? Janet Reno? Harold Ickes!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Looking forward to the 50-page argument between @retrofade and @Rebelbacker

Meh. I don't have the energy for or desire to do that shit at this point. At best it'd be 5 pages. :P 

I am interested in seeing what happens though. The right seems to think that the IG report will be enough to kill the Mueller investigation off and result in criminal charges against Comey and others. I'm interested in seeing whether it's going to detail the FBI leaks to Giuliani and DiGenova from the Trumplandia FBI office in NY that essentially forced Comey's hand in re-opening the investigation. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Meh. I don't have the energy for or desire to do that shit at this point. At best it'd be 5 pages. :P 

I am interested in seeing what happens though. The right seems to think that the IG report will be enough to kill the Mueller investigation off and result in criminal charges against Comey and others. I'm interested in seeing whether it's going to detail the FBI leaks to Giuliani and DiGenova from the Trumplandia FBI office in NY that essentially forced Comey's hand in re-opening the investigation. 

I assume whatever is announced will be bigger than Watergate. I mean, that much is a given. 

We're here... we've reached IG-Day 2018.

The NYT has put together a pretty good list of what will likely be covered.

• Did the FBI really put the fix in to save Mrs. Clinton?
  • What is the Comey legacy?
  • The Mueller investigation and how Comey started it.
  • The tarmac meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton.
  • Text messages between Strozk and Page.
  • The reported FBI leaks from the NY office to Giuliani that possibly led to the Hillary investigation being re-opened just before the election.
  • Was the FBI slow to respond to the new emails? 
  • Did any of it actually matter in terms of the election?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/us/politics/fbi-inspector-general-clinton-investigation-what-to-watch.html

The report is due to be released at 2PM EDT today, with Trump and Congress both receiving briefings prior to the release. 

Here's our first leak...

The Justice Department's ethics watchdog reportedly found no evidence that the conduct of two FBI officials, who exchanged text messages critical of President Trump during the 2016 election, directly impacted the FBI's investigations, while noting that their conduct "cast a cloud" over the bureau's actions.

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz did not find that FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page "directly affected the specific investigative actions we reviewed,” according to the report’s conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg.

“We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative actions we reviewed,” Horowitz's report conclusions reads, according to Bloomberg. 

“The conduct by these employees cast a cloud over the entire FBI investigation.”

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/392260-doj-watchdog-does-not-fault-fbis-strzok-page-for-political-bias

There goes one of Trump's favorite talking points. 

Oh, and no political bias in Comey's decisions, though he deviated from policy.

Former FBI Director James Comey “deviated” from FBI and Justice Department procedures in handling the probe into Hillary Clinton, damaging the law enforcement agencies’ image of impartiality even though he wasn’t motivated by political bias, the department’s watchdog found in a highly anticipated report.

“While we did not find that these decisions were the result of political bias on Comey’s part, we nevertheless concluded that by departing so clearly and dramatically from FBI and department norms, the decisions negatively impacted the perception of the FBI and the department as fair administrators of justice,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said in the report’s conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg News.
-----

Horowitz found a “troubling lack of any direct, substantive communication” between Comey and Attorney General Lynch ahead of the July 5 press conference and Comey’s October 28 letter to Congress.

“We found it extraordinary that, in advance of two such consequential decisions, the FBI director decided that the best course of conduct was to not speak directly and substantively with the attorney general about how best to navigate those decisions.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-14/comey-broke-from-fbi-procedures-in-clinton-probe-watchdog-finds

Comey admitted as much in his interviewed as well as in his book... so that's not a big surprise.