Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBigAwesome

2018 World Cup

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the Central Coast of Calif.  I'd like to retire in/around SLO.  My step-brother went to school at Cal Poly.

I'd do SLO or Paso Robles in a heartbeat. @Thomasis right, though. Tough to find a good paying job to be able to afford living in those places. 

And Argentina falls apart against Croatia!

It's been great being in Europe for these games so far, it sure is a nice change to watch the World Cup while eating dinner compared to waking up at 6am!

5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

And Argentina falls apart against Croatia!

It's been great being in Europe for these games so far, it sure is a nice change to watch the World Cup while eating dinner compared to waking up at 6am!

Will the Argentine goalie be able to return to Argentina? Epic blunder 😱

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Will the Argentine goalie be able to return to Argentina? Epic blunder 😱

Yeah but he would have never stopped Modric’s goal. It was ironic seeing Argentina being taken apart by a high press when so many of them play on teams that play that style. They really wanted time on the ball and they weren’t getting it. 

On 6/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, Celeritas said:

The Concacaf federation is not full of world beaters.

Yes, Mexico is very good and they played great against Germany. Mexico is a legitimate minor soccer "power". Costa Rica is competitive.

After that, most of the 41-country Federation is dogmeat.

Honduras couldn't beat Australia to make the World Cup. They got waxed 3-1 in aggregate.

Panama is an athletic but hacky side. They'll run at you and hit you and flop a little, but they don't have the talent to beat B-class national teams.

The fact that the USMNT didn't quality in this federation is not a sign of strength. It was a sign of complacency and decline. The US is a B-Class soccer nation...and it had a down cycle.

Sometimes you have to step back to move ahead. This is probably like that for the US.

US and mex are both considered mid major nations in the soccer world 

12 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah but he would have never stopped Modric’s goal. 

And he made a nice save on the early Croatian shot. Bottom line is Argentina didn't lose solely because of that goalkeeper. I'm by no means an expert in soccer but it sure appeared the main reason Argentina lost was horrific coaching. Even that guy's demeanor was defeatist.

That said, I'm impressed with Croatia. THEY are well coached and have some playuhs. Not just the fast forwards but Vida is a helluva defender.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And he made a nice save on the early Croatian shot. Bottom line is Argentina didn't lose solely because of that goalkeeper. I'm by no means an expert in soccer but it sure appeared the main reason Argentina lost was horrific coaching. Even that guy's demeanor was defeatist.

That said, I'm impressed with Croatia. THEY are well coached and have some playuhs. Not just the fast forwards but Vida is a helluva defender.

Yeah their guys are all playing at top Euro clubs. Modric is the midfield playmaker for Real Madrid. It really doesn’t get much better than that. The Argentinian coach better start looking at Moscow rental housing. 

WTF was with Switzerland playing Rugby on the pitch?

And where were the f.ucking refs?

Ridiculous.

safe_image.php?d=AQAGTzvw1Y9o1iG-&w=540&h=282&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffingfx.thomsonreuters.com%2Fgfx%2Frngs%2FSOCCER-WORLDCUP%2F010070NB1F7%2Fimages%2Fshare-card.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_eui2=AeEMENJ3IVC37s95skVxjDL1nuAd9j2cL48xaRsLhpO8Smu0Dc2l63p4zPfD15sMqGoWyCtsbhJRkkTGnHLCbP5zk_D1qLNR51zD5-Lo8HL0bQ&_nc_hash=AQC15Kbgai5EXNeg

Brazil 5, Italy 4, Germany 4, Uruguay 2, Argentina 2, England 1, France 1 and Spain 1

C'mon Blågult, take it to Germany tomorrow!

On my way to the "Fanmeile" at Brandenberg Gate to watch the games this evening with 300,000 of my newest friends.

I'll be on the lookout for any MW gear!

+++++ the ref... Germany got away with a blatant +++++ing illegal takedown in the box.

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice set piece by Sweden just before half.

Boateng ejected.  Germany down a player.

6 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

On my way to the "Fanmeile" at Brandenberg Gate to watch the games this evening with 300,000 of my newest friends.

I'll be on the lookout for any MW gear!

I bet you are in the middle of an amazing party right now!

What a freakin' shot. What a freakin' ending.

Sveden got jobbed on the blatant foul in the box early on, but Germany earned that shit a man down. With something like 15 seconds left in stoppage time... Wow. 

tenor.gif