Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBigAwesome

2018 World Cup

Down goes Brazil... I'm so happy. I can't stand watching them play, bunch of whining +++++s that spend more time diving and arguing than anything else. 

The Belgian goalie was absolutely amazing. 

Six teams left and they are all from Europe. This is why my favorite tournament is the Euro championship. They play it every four years, instead of every two, and the weakest teams in that are better than the weakest teams in the World Cup. 

22 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Down goes Brazil... I'm so happy. I can't stand watching them play, bunch of whining +++++s that spend more time diving and arguing than anything else. 

Neymar's & his floppers deserved to get beaten today.

Congrats to Belgium.

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Agree 100%. I’m ecstatic for this result. I was in Brazil during the ‘02 WC and they are definitely some of the worst fans I’ve ever encountered. Sucked watching them win it that year, although I wish I could’ve been there for their meltdown four years ago against Germany in the semis.

Courtois had simply a fantastic game with magnificent save after save, especially that one in stoppage time of Neymar’s shot that he tipped out.

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, aggzilla said:

Agree 100%. I’m ecstatic for this result. I was in Brazil during the ‘02 WC and they are definitely some of the worst fans I’ve ever encountered. Sucked watching them win it that year, although I wish I could’ve been there for their meltdown four years ago against Germany in the semis.

Courtois had simply a fantastic game with magnificent save after save, especially that one in stoppage time of Neymar’s shot that he tipped out.

Weird, I was at the world cup in Brazil in '14 and they were some of the best fans I've ever met.  I was there for the 7-1 meltdown and I was rooting for Germany. The fans were upset understandably, but completely supported Germany in the final against their rivals Argentina. They even flew tons of Brazilian flags in the Germany colors. The Brazilian people were some of the best I've met in the world.

Hoping for Belgium to beat France and England to be eliminated before the final. Would give us a  WC contested between two nations that have not previously won it all, which would be a first in my lifetime. Hell, my mom was born in ‘63 and this would only be the second matchup like this since then. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Hadn't heard that and I'm :rock:too.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Hoping for Belgium to beat France and England to be eliminated before the final. Would give us a  WC contested between two nations that have not previously won it all, which would be a first in my lifetime. Hell, my mom was born in ‘63 and this would only be the second matchup like this since then. 

I'm down for a Sweden/Belgium final.

9 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I have no idea who to root for now. My top three (Spain, Germany, Brazil) are out. Can't stand France and England. I like Rakitic, so maybe Croatia. Belgium a close second I guess. 

That is like saying your top 3 college teams right now are bama ohio st and clemson

8 hours ago, calvegas04 said:

That is like saying your top 3 college teams right now are bama ohio st and clemson

I'm 6/8th Spanish, 2/8th German. And I go for Brazil third because it's my favorite country Ive visited and I met a lot of wonderful people there I still talk to today.

Would bama, Ohio State, Clemson all me knocked out before the semi finals in a round of 32 tournament? 1 in the first round and 1 in the second? The world cup and soccer in general is much different than college football.

51 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Great game Russia v Croatia!

It was entertaining but the quality of play was pretty average.  Modric is a great player but most of the others on the field today were schlubs.  Credit to Russia for playing with great effort over 120 minutes.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Rugby is not a sport, just an excuse for closeted faigs (not that there's anything wrong with that) to grab on each other. Lol.