Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBigAwesome

2018 World Cup

2 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

Yeah...you know...what's in your mouth right now.

Like I said before, you're just a big mouthed Merkin.

I found your campaign hat. You'll need it for November's election.

Merkin_Hat.jpg

11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Like I said before, you're just a big mouthed Merkin.

I found your campaign hat. You'll need it for November's election.

Trump is an imbecile and embarrassment to this country. Nice job assuming i'm a trump supporter just from me using the word chode.

But thanks for confirming that along with sucking dick, you are also a dumb ass.

1 minute ago, BleedRed702 said:

Trump is an imbecile and embarrassment to this country. Nice job assuming i'm a trump supporter just from me using the word chode.

But thanks for confirming that along with sucking dick, you are also a dumb ass.

No one said anything about Trump, moron.

The hat is a great joke, not an assertion that anyone has any kind of political position.

_Make_Obama_POTUS_Again.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Anyway, pretty mediocre play by the favored teams thus far IMO.

And Group A was rigged for the Russkis. 

A lot of times the teams get better throughout the tournament. Spain lost their first game in 2010, only scored 8 goals entire world cup and won it all.

The Concacaf federation is not full of world beaters.

Yes, Mexico is very good and they played great against Germany. Mexico is a legitimate minor soccer "power". Costa Rica is competitive.

After that, most of the 41-country Federation is dogmeat.

Honduras couldn't beat Australia to make the World Cup. They got waxed 3-1 in aggregate.

Panama is an athletic but hacky side. They'll run at you and hit you and flop a little, but they don't have the talent to beat B-class national teams.

The fact that the USMNT didn't quality in this federation is not a sign of strength. It was a sign of complacency and decline. The US is a B-Class soccer nation...and it had a down cycle.

Sometimes you have to step back to move ahead. This is probably like that for the US.

Go Cougars

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

You're right, he should really move that wall up to SLOtown, or at least to Santa Maria.

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the Central Coast of Calif.  I'd like to retire in/around SLO.  My step-brother went to school at Cal Poly.

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Anyway, pretty mediocre play by the favored teams thus far IMO.

And Group A was rigged for the Russkis. 

Sunday's Poland/Colombia match should be intense.  Both teams were expected to make the Rnd-of-32, yet both lost their first game.

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the Central Coast of Calif.  I'd like to retire in/around SLO.  My step-brother went to school at Cal Poly.

It is beautiful up there, but there's really no economy.

Have to be either retired, independently wealthy, or really lucky with your career path to move to that part of the Central Coast.

5 hours ago, Celeritas said:

Yes, Mexico is very good and they played great against Germany. Mexico is a legitimate minor soccer "power". Costa Rica is competitive.

Honduras couldn't beat Australia to make the World Cup. They got waxed 3-1 in aggregate.

Panama is an athletic but hacky side. They'll run at you and hit you and flop a little, but they don't have the talent to beat B-class national teams.

The fact that the USMNT didn't quality in this federation is not a sign of strength. It was a sign of complacency and decline. The US is a B-Class soccer nation...and it had a down cycle.

Sometimes you have to step back to move ahead. This is probably like that for the US.

MI0002475172.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I'd do SLO or Paso Robles in a heartbeat. @Thomasis right, though. Tough to find a good paying job to be able to afford living in those places. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

And Argentina falls apart against Croatia!

It's been great being in Europe for these games so far, it sure is a nice change to watch the World Cup while eating dinner compared to waking up at 6am!

Will the Argentine goalie be able to return to Argentina? Epic blunder 😱

2 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Will the Argentine goalie be able to return to Argentina? Epic blunder 😱

Yeah but he would have never stopped Modric’s goal. It was ironic seeing Argentina being taken apart by a high press when so many of them play on teams that play that style. They really wanted time on the ball and they weren’t getting it. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 6/20/2018 at 6:03 PM, Celeritas said:

US and mex are both considered mid major nations in the soccer world 

12 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah but he would have never stopped Modric’s goal. 

And he made a nice save on the early Croatian shot. Bottom line is Argentina didn't lose solely because of that goalkeeper. I'm by no means an expert in soccer but it sure appeared the main reason Argentina lost was horrific coaching. Even that guy's demeanor was defeatist.

That said, I'm impressed with Croatia. THEY are well coached and have some playuhs. Not just the fast forwards but Vida is a helluva defender.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

And he made a nice save on the early Croatian shot. Bottom line is Argentina didn't lose solely because of that goalkeeper. I'm by no means an expert in soccer but it sure appeared the main reason Argentina lost was horrific coaching. Even that guy's demeanor was defeatist.

That said, I'm impressed with Croatia. THEY are well coached and have some playuhs. Not just the fast forwards but Vida is a helluva defender.

Yeah their guys are all playing at top Euro clubs. Modric is the midfield playmaker for Real Madrid. It really doesn’t get much better than that. The Argentinian coach better start looking at Moscow rental housing. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say