Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Fun

This deserves main board treatment. O'Brien transfers to CSU

Sophomore Patrick O'Brien, a former 4-star recruit who committed to Nebraska, has transferred to CSU.

The staff change at Nebraska (Scott Frost going from a pro-style to a spread) made him decide to look elsewhere. 

Congrats!

I remember when we were excited by a 4-Star Alabama transfer last year.  I hope this works out better for you guys. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Boise State has had several four star transfers in the past and I can’t remember one that made a big impact. Most have been average or busts. We had a DE starter for USC about ten years ago that barely made it through fall camp and quit. Another RB from Georgia did the same and ended up in prison. Then we had the two four star DBs from the state of Texas that were very average players. 

We have had more success with walk-ons than we have had with four star transfers. 

At this point, I'm wondering if my knees are in better shape than Collin Hill's. Six QBs on the roster now? 

I always felt like the ram fan posting "COMMIT TO THE STATE" would be Akkula. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Boise State has had several four star transfers in the past and I can’t remember one that made a big impact. Most have been average or busts. We had a DE starter for USC about ten years ago that barely made it through fall camp and quit. Another RB from Georgia did the same and ended up in prison. Then we had the two four star DBs from the state of Texas that were very average players. 

We have had more success with walk-ons than we have had with four star transfers. 

Cool story bro

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Congrats!

I remember when we were excited by a 4-Star Alabama transfer last year.  I hope this works out better for you guys. 

It won't. Big time/bust transfer QB's so rarely pan out.

We picked up Johnny Stanton 4 star out of Nebraska but, he never really panned out at QB.  Had a good game or two.  I was surprised, but, happy for him that he got picked up by the Vikings as a running back.  He does have some strong legs.  Hope he makes it.

Good luck with O'brien.

31 minutes ago, Bronco22 said:

This all fine and dandy for you, but you still won't beat BSU this year! Great Comeback last year! BSU59 csu 52!

And that has what to do with a guy who won't be eligible for another year?

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

I always felt like the ram fan posting "COMMIT TO THE STATE" would be Akkula. 

Now THAT is some funny shit right there. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Who was the five star QB from Washington I believe several years ago that was a bust at several colleges and never got drafted by the NFL? He was the Ryan Leaf of college football. 

Jake Heaps. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.