Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aztecfan1

Athlon picks Boise and .... SDSU as division champs

On 6/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

athlon doesn't know what they're about, lmao.

they have boise's OL ahead of fresno and i'm not sure any rational boise fan would agree with that statement after watching Rypien get knocked around last year.

They had lost three on the OL to graduation and then went the first three games without one of the returning players. So they had 4 new starters on the OL to start the season, all four were FR or SO, and two had never played a college game before Troy. They were playing pretty well by mid-season. 

Boise does have five guys returning that had multiple starts last year. But, if Fresno had been picked as having the best line, I would have had no arguments with that.

34 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They had lost three on the OL to graduation and then went the first three games without one of the returning players. So they had 4 new starters on the OL to start the season, all four were FR or SO, and two had never played a college game before Troy. They were playing pretty well by mid-season. 

Boise does have five guys returning that had multiple starts last year. But, if Fresno had been picked as having the best line, I would have had no arguments with that.

Your OL situation sounds identical to SDSUs. You have the better DL head-to-head, so it’ll be interesting to see how the running games match up.

12 minutes ago, badfish said:

Your OL situation sounds identical to SDSUs. You have the better DL head-to-head, so it’ll be interesting to see how the running games match up.

The Boise DL had a monster game against SDSU. They manhandled that young SDSU OL. SDSU's OL will undoubtedly be better, but Boise gets everyone back on the DL, too. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

The Boise DL had a monster game against SDSU. They manhandled that young SDSU OL. SDSU's OL will undoubtedly be better, but Boise gets everyone back on the DL, too. 

Yeah, then CSU made our Dline and defense look like Swiss cheese. 

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

SDSU’s OL had two terrible games in a row. I think they were a lot better than they showed. 

36 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

SDSU’s OL had two terrible games in a row. I think they were a lot better than they showed. 

They were actually pretty average when they played good rush defenses. After those two "bad" weeks, they got better against the three worst rush defenses in the conference in back-to-back-back weeks. They kinda got the luck of the draw in conference being the only team to face all five of the teams that gave up over 200 ypg on the ground. 

19 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They were actually pretty average when they played good rush defenses. After those two "bad" weeks, they got better against the three worst rush defenses in the conference in back-to-back-back weeks. They kinda got the luck of the draw in conference being the only team to face all five of the teams that gave up over 200 ypg on the ground. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

Lol you’re the most over the top homer on this board. 

I love how everyone tries to bring Boise into every conversation. Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message. 

39 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I love how everyone tries to bring Boise into every conversation. Attack the messenger when you can't attack the message. 

Didn’t bring Boise into it at all. I merely said that bc of injuries and other factors, I believe SDSU is better than they showed in their conference losses. That applies equally to their game vs. FS. 

1 hour ago, JADogs05 said:

Didn’t bring Boise into it at all. I merely said that bc of injuries and other factors, I believe SDSU is better than they showed in their conference losses. That applies equally to their game vs. FS. 

Calling me a homer is bringing Boise into it. I was merely pointing out their schedule.