Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Good Job Trump

One of the few policy areas of agreement I and many others had with Obama was reform of criminals justice and the sentencing guild lines.  Of course like everything else Obama couldn't lead a horse to water on a small island.   He managed to pardon some people which is basically total failure.

1 hour ago, aztech said:

How long was she doing this and how much money was involved?  She must have been moving a hell of a lot of cocaine to have to launder money.  Not your typical grandma who didn't realize she was innocently passing on cocaine for others.  Just another political move by that SOB Trump.    

"Johnson was convicted on cocaine conspiracy charges and money laundering. At the time of sentencing, AP reported that U.S. federal judge Julia Gibbons said Johnson was "the quintessential entrepreneur" of a drug ring that dealt in tons of cocaine."

Does not matter.  A life sentence for a first time none violent drug charge is BS.  Pretty disgusting you would rather have her rot for the rest of her life if it meant Trump not being seen as doing something positive.

31 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

One of the few policy areas of agreement I and many others had with Obama was reform of criminals justice and the sentencing guild lines.  Of course like everything else Obama couldn't lead a horse to water on a small island.   He managed to pardon some people which is basically total failure.

giphy.gif

St.-Obama.jpg

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I never had an issue with Obama commuting those types of sentences.  I did take issue with his commuting the sentence of Manning and I’ve taken issue with Trump’s pardon of Arapio or however you spell his name.  

You can bifurcate those, sorry!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

You can bifurcate those, sorry!

I can or can’t?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 6/6/2018 at 12:31 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Does not matter.  A life sentence for a first time none violent drug charge is BS.  Pretty disgusting you would rather have her rot for the rest of her life if it meant Trump not being seen as doing something positive.

Again, was it a one time non violent drug charge?  Moving that amount of cocaine destroyed a lot of lives.  It's not like she got a life sentence for moving just a bagful or less of coke.  She was apparently a major player.  No doubt there are felons who were unjustly imprisoned for crimes that don't justify the years.  We aren't hearing the other side of her case is all I'm saying.      

1 hour ago, aztech said:

Again, was it a one time non violent drug charge?  Moving that amount of cocaine destroyed a lot of lives.  It's not like she got a life sentence for moving just a bagful or less of coke.  She was apparently a major player.  No doubt there are felons who were unjustly imprisoned for crimes that don't justify the years.  We aren't hearing the other side of her case is all I'm saying.      

You forgot money laundering also.  Drug trafficking is far different than selling on street corner.

"I first began communicating with Ms Johnson as she waited to hear whether or not she'd been approved under President Barack Obama's Clemency Initiative in 2014. She easily met all of the criteria, she had a spotless disciplinary record and even her own warden felt that she deserved to go home"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44390737

Just say "Good job Trump" and move on.  This was the right move.

"If we don't get tough on the drug dealers, we are wasting our time," Trump told the audience in Manchester, New Hampshire. "And that toughness includes the death penalty."

What changed?

Kim K has 112M Insta followers, 60M Twitter followers, and a husband that just took several bullets for President Trump, if you're looking for a reason,

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

31 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Yay Trump!

Overkill B)

Can we all just agree this woman and others like her ate a shit sandwich they should not have?  Life in prison for a first offense non violent drug charge is shit, even if she was moving boats.  

Blows my mind watching a few on the left try and beat Trump up over this.  To be fair it also blows my mind listening to some of my uncles and cousins who used to think drug dealers should be executed on the spot praise him for this.

People are weird.

47 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I think we should decide prison sentences on sports message boards with only cursory information on the case.

You're going to rue this post when it ends up working better than the current system

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

I think we should decide prison sentences on sports message boards with only cursory information on the case.

You were fine with it as Obama was commuting sentences of 1000's of drug offenders.  Not one complaint.   Trump does it and all you lefty's are suddenly thinking it is a bad thing.