Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

2018 Wyoming Cowboys - Bohl’s Best Team Yet

1 minute ago, CO_Poke said:

Wyoming's offense is yet to be determined.   The Pokes return all their receivers and running backs.  And won't be starting two true freshman on the oline like last year.

Boise winning the Mountain isn't a given. 

Boise winning the Mountain Division is never a given; we have a history of "WTF" games when playing a divisional opponent who isn't supposed to have a chance.

10 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

While I agree that college stats don't necessarily correlate to having success in the NFL, historically, that has been almost always applicable to prolific college QB's that flopped in the NFL, not college QB's with lackluster stats who became successful in the NFL.

It is nearly impossible to find successful NFL QB's who put up unimpressive stats in college, especially QB's that but up lackluster stats in G5 conferences like Josh Allen. I cannot think of a single starting NFL QB whose college stats were even close to as mediocre as Allen's while playing collegiately, even guys that played in more defensive-minded P5 conferences like the SEC and Big-10. Thus, I would argue there is a very strong correlation between mediocrity in college leading to lack of success in the NFL. As I've stated, I honestly hope this isn't the case with Josh Allen and he becomes a good NFL QB, however there is very little evidence both historically and in Allen's actual performance to support his ability to achieve success at the NFL level. Time will tell, but the odds aren't in Josh's favor in my speculative opinion.

Dude, all college QBs correlate with not having success in college. It is almost impossible to find a correlation between the stats of drafted QBs in college and their success. You essentially have to roll a 7 to be a hit and otherwise you're a bust. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Dude, all college QBs correlate with not having success in college. It is almost impossible to find a correlation between the stats of drafted QBs in college and their success. You essentially have to roll a 7 to be a hit and otherwise you're a bust. 

Is it just me or does the above statement make absolutely no sense?  Perhaps an unbiased observer can chime in as to whether this is accurate or incredibly asinine? IMO, if the above is true, NFL teams would be able to save a whole bunch of time and money when selecting a QB by throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded. From my perspective, essentially every damn starting QB in the NFL had tremendous statistical success at the college-level and was selected in the draft in large part due to that on-the-field performance, not almost exclusively on physical potential that wasn't backed up statistically like a certain QB drafted this year.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I hear Josh Allen will be cast in the next Star Wars movie as The Force.

And will be utterly destroyed by Rian Johnson's horrific directing and story telling.....

34 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Is it just me or does the above statement make absolutely no sense?  Perhaps an unbiased observer can chime in as to whether this is accurate or incredibly asinine? IMO, if the above is true, NFL teams would be able to save a whole bunch of time and money when selecting a QB by throwing darts at a dartboard blindfolded. From my perspective, essentially every damn starting QB in the NFL had tremendous statistical success at the college-level and was selected in the draft in large part due to that on-the-field performance, not almost exclusively on physical potential that wasn't backed up statistically like a certain QB drafted this year.

It's just you. 

24 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

And will be utterly destroyed by Rian Johnson's horrific directing and story telling.....

That's the power of Allen. He'll make the movie the new standard. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, KingBronco said:

If stats where the most important measure, then Allen would not have been drafted until the 5th round.  That right there shows how stats are just a statistic to help evaluate a prospect, not something to primarily base your evaluation on.  

Here's a really good comparison of NFL qb's that throws stats out the window entirely.  Go compare John Elway stats in his first 10 years to Peyton Manning's.  Statistically there is no comparison at all.  Manning had a significantly higher completion %, many more TD's and less ints.  But they played in different era's, so lets compare Elway to Marino. 
Again, Marino had significantly better stats.  Also Elway's stats significantly improved his last 6 years vs his previous 10.  2 big reasons were coaching/offense and having a much better running game.   

I'm betting Allen has a much better career than Baker Mayfield.  Mayfield had among the best offensive lines, best running backs, best receivers in college. He was on a great team, kind of like how Tim Tebow was.  He won't have any of that now.   Allen's lot on the other hand, has improved considerably.   None of that by itself really means much but I'm anxious to see how Allen does on a good NFL team. Bills were 9-7 last year, he's in a perfect situation.