Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

San Jose State 2019 Commits

1 minute ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

I was thinking of actually buying you a ring this year. Waiting for the season to end, but right now it would read 1-16 and the words “Complete Embarrassment” engraved on it. Maybe add, “Does Not Belong” on there too. 

Save your $9.99 so you can buy one that reads “101st best recruiting class-‘19!”

3 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Save your $9.99 so you can buy one that reads “101st best recruiting class-‘19!”

2nd best average stars in the conference. Quality, not quantity. I get it, tho. Your staff  couldn’t recognize quality it it slapped them in the face, much less you. Kiss the rings.  

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Committed and signed last night with San Jose State

All-Purpose Back Darrin (DJ) Smith (5-8 / 183) Lone Star HS / Frisco, TX

3-star / .8427 composite.

Offers from Nebraska, TCU, Colorado, VaTech, UConn, Toledo, San Diego State, New Mexico, Air Force, Hawaii, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, UAB, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, Miami of Ohio, New Mexico State, Louisiana-Monroe, Howard, Abilene Christian, Sam Houston State, and Illinois State.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5494508/Darrin-DJ-Smith

Champ Logo.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Committed and signed last night with San Jose State

All-Purpose Back Darrin (DJ) Smith (5-8 / 183) Lone Star HS / Frisco, TX

3-star / .8427 composite.

Offers from Nebraska, TCU, Colorado, VaTech, UConn, Toledo, San Diego State, New Mexico, Air Force, Hawaii, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, UAB, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, Miami of Ohio, New Mexico State, Louisiana-Monroe, Howard, Abilene Christian, Sam Houston State, and Illinois State.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5494508/Darrin-DJ-Smith

Sweet!

Do you think we should remain hopeful for a JuCo QB?

Darren Smith is definitely a good get. However, I understand why he didn't choose SDSU since we've already signed RB Justin Dinka and word is RB Greg Bell, a transfer from Nebraska, is already in SD and should be announced as another commit this week. But I have to wonder why with all the interest from other higher level football programs Smith chose SJSU at the eleventh hour. Guaranteed to be a starter this year or is questionable academically? If it's the latter, sometimes you have to take chances and the kid seems worth the gamble.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Darren Smith is definitely a good get. However, I understand why he didn't choose SDSU since we've already signed RB Justin Dinka and word is RB Greg Bell, a transfer from Nebraska, is already in SD and should be announced as another commit this week. But I have to wonder why with all the interest from other higher level football programs Smith chose SJSU at the eleventh hour. Guaranteed to be a starter this year or is questionable academically? If it's the latter, sometimes you have to take chances and the kid seems worth the gamble.

Academics is not the issue, as he was offered by Air Force at some point in the past year or so. Smith was prepared to sign with a school on NSD, Wednesday. But, after SJSU contacted him on the preceding Monday with an offer, he decided to delay signing until Thursday in order to look into SJSU more. What it actually boiled down to was SJSU having one of the top aviation programs in the country, and that was what Smith wanted to major in all along. It's the first time I'm aware that a football player signed with SJSU because of the aviation program. I don't think he's going to come in and be the starter and unseat Tyler Nevens. He, more likely, will fill the role previously held by Thai Cottrell, who played a combination of slot receiver and running back.

Champ Logo.jpg

7 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Academics is not the issue, as he was offered by Air Force at some point in the past year or so. Smith was prepared to sign with a school on NSD, Wednesday. But, after SJSU contacted him on the preceding Monday with an offer, he decided to delay signing until Thursday in order to look into SJSU more. What it actually boiled down to was SJSU having one of the top aviation programs in the country, and that was what Smith wanted to major in all along. It's the first time I'm aware that a football player signed with SJSU because of the aviation program. I don't think he's going to come in and be the starter and unseat Tyler Nevens. He, more likely, will fill the role previously held by Thai Cottrell, who played a combination of slot receiver and running back.

As in, The Big Sky Conference? Congrats! 

27 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Pumpin his chest after his 7/12 recruiting season-even though FS won the conference...did they really? Why is Teddy not cashing in? #tiredrecruiting...lol

2nd in average recruiting rank. But don’t let the facts get in the way.

17 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Shemp just can’t help himself....lolololololololololololololololo!!!

#TeddyTired

Remember when you guys used to blow elbows and shoulders pounding about how great Carragher’s classes ranked? A 3-22 record has been the result. Great stuff. Enlighten us with more of your great recruiting analysis. I’m interested. No, really...I am. 

11 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

2nd in average recruiting rank. But don’t let the facts get in the way.

3rd.  You are behind CSU as well now who is at an 82.23.  The gap between Fresno and SJ is 1.5 points.  The gap between Boise and Fresno is over twice that.  Most MWC classes, including Fresnos are pretty meh, even by G5 standards.

31 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

3rd.  You are behind CSU as well now who is at an 82.23.  The gap between Fresno and SJ is 1.5 points.  The gap between Boise and Fresno is over twice that.  Most MWC classes, including Fresnos are pretty meh, even by G5 standards.

Take out Air Force (which recruits much differently than all other non - service Academy FBS schools) and the difference between Boise and the 2nd place team is larger than the 2nd place and the last place team in the MW. 

10 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

We were second right after signing day. Looks like that’s changed. Shows how much I pay attention to those recruiting rankings. 

Bwahahahahahaha.......

but he pays attention to SAN!!, just a lil bit....LMAO!!!

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Lol.....lil train and Cincy?? #7 #killinIt! #teddyNaptime