Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Basketball preseason rank ‘em

1) Nevada 

2a) SDSU

2b) UNM

4) UNLV

5-11) :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

1: Nevada

2: UNM 

3: SDSU (if they pick up the 2 recruits)

4: FSU (even without Bryson)

5: BSU

UNLV will under perform as always

I agree. I think Fresno will still be pretty good. Hate to lose Bryson but a lot of talent still returning and some solid talent coming in. 

1. Nevada: returning everybody, good adds, deeper run in tourney, highest expectations

1b. SDSU: Finished the season curbstomping everybody in conference (incl. Reno), lost by 2 to a Houston team that barely lost by 2 to a tourney finalist

2. UNM: Trending up

3. Fresno: It might be a bumpy start, but I think Hut is going to have them scary by Feb.

4,5. Idk? Boise? UNLV?

6,7. Wyoming? USU?

8. CSU

9. Zoomies

10. Is SJSU still in the conference?

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

UNR

UNM

SDSU

FSU

BSU

UNLV

The rest

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

1. UNR

2. Flagship

3. SUDS

4. Sheep Dippers 

5. Truckers 

6. The Josh Allen's Lair 

7. Choo Choo

8. Elite Eight Program Transcending Rankings

9. The Denver Market

10. Bob's Flyboys 

11. You Know Who

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1.  NEV  Could be one of the best teams of all time in the MWC

2/3.  UNM/SDSU  Both teams have outstanding talent -- depends on who comes together as a team

4.  BSU -- This team could be really good.

5.  Fresno -- outstanding back court, but a lack of depth in the front court and a coaching change hurts

6.  UNLV -- Just a very average Rebal team 

7.  Wyoming -- somehow always manage to be tough

8.  Utah State - coaching change and an new team.  Lack of depth in the front court

9.  CSU - Lots of question marks with a new team -- could be better than expected

10. AF Spirted play -- but big talent gap this year with the rest of the league.

11.  SJSU -- They will be terrible  -- if they win 2 games in the conference it will be a surprise. Total JC team  with a new coach.

1. UNLV - Super low expectations will cause team to play with a chip, I call it the Knights effect.

2. New Mexico - Nice players coming in and Weir is a really good coach, they'll be back.

3. SDSU - Should be pretty good next year with McDaniels coming back.

4. UNR - Super high expectations, maybe the highest ever for a MW team will be too much and the guys will fold under the pressure. 

5-11 Fresno and Boise will be decent, but lose a lot.

:popcorn:

16 hours ago, mugtang said:

1) Nevada 

2a) SDSU

2b) UNM

4) UNLV

5-11) :shrug:

I agree with this.

and I'm not trying to be rude here, but can somebody tell me why Boise, without Hutch, could be considered anywhere near the top of the conference? did they get some good recruits? I haven't kept up..

and fresno with hutson?

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I agree with this.

and I'm not trying to be rude here, but can somebody tell me why Boise, without Hutch, could be considered anywhere near the top of the conference? did they get some good recruits? I haven't kept up..

and fresno with hutson?

It's hard to say with Boise. In theory they should be down a decent bit, but it seems like Rice's teams almost always finish higher than expected. 

8k3esKz.png

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Too many always put UNLV in the top of the league in their preseason picks :) 

Maybe but I think they’ve turned a corner and will be in the top 1/3 of the league this year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

1) Nevada

2) UNM

3) SDSU

4-11) ?

Today, this is where I'd be.

I'm going to need a program at my first few Wyo games, and I never buy programs.  A whole lot of new faces.  Decent kids, better than what we had last year I think.  But absolutely no chemistry to start the season.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1) Nevada: clearly the class of the conference with the best players, coaches and fans. 

2)  Boise State: the 2nd best players, 3rd best coaches and fans.

3) UNM:  the third best players,4th best coaches and 2nd best fans.

4) UNLV: the 4th best players and 6th best fans.

5) Fresno State: the 5th best players, 2nd best coaches and 6th best fans(tie with UNLV).

6) SDSU: The 6th best players, worst coaches and worst fans. Everybody in the conference is going to feast on the Aztecs.  Put your bets down now. 

7 come 11: Who cares?