Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nocoolnamejim

OT: Are we seriously not going to talk about this or did I just not see the thread?

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

This is just seriously to juicy on every angle for there not to be a thread about it.

Whatever, commie. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Dimwhit said:

That is just WAY too much to read. Care to sum up in 100 words or less?

The article alleges with a very large amount of circumstantial evidence that Philly 76ers GM Bryan Colangelo has been running 5 "burner" twitter accounts to do everything from trashing his own players and predecessors at his jobs to promoting his own moves and attacking negative coverage of him. Among other things it demonstrates that the accounts in question had information that a very small number of people would actually have and could have allegedly released confidential medical information on various 76ers players. 

It's not proven but the 76ers organization has taken it seriously enough that they've launched an outside investigation. 

Basically the article suggests that the GM of an NBA franchise created a handful of his own individual sockpuppet twitter accounts.

1 hour ago, nocoolnamejim said:

The article alleges with a very large amount of circumstantial evidence that Philly 76ers GM Bryan Colangelo has been running 5 "burner" twitter accounts to do everything from trashing his own players and predecessors at his jobs to promoting his own moves and attacking negative coverage of him. Among other things it demonstrates that the accounts in question had information that a very small number of people would actually have and could have allegedly released confidential medical information on various 76ers players. 

It's not proven but the 76ers organization has taken it seriously enough that they've launched an outside investigation. 

Basically the article suggests that the GM of an NBA franchise created a handful of his own individual sockpuppet twitter accounts.

Are they sure that it wasn’t just Mug

31 minutes ago, bitteraztec said:

Are they sure that it wasn’t just Mug

I don't think the possibility can be completely ruled out at this point but if Mug cares to comment on the record on his 76ers ties and his possible connections to Sylvester Stallone and the Philadelphia area I think we should give him the right to defend himself. 

5 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Any other connection to BYU besides the sockpuppetry?

It's pretty crazy. The phone number attached to i believe 3 of the accounts, ends in 91. Twitter investigators (just random ppl) found out that the wife's phone number ends in 91. It looks as if she was running one of the accounts (following a lot of italian stuff, spiritual quotes, the pope, etc.). But it is possible that Bryan was using the other accounts himself. Of course he denied everything. But it is really interesting. 

Why would you not get a burner phone to set up burner accounts on twitter?

down in a hole.jpg

14 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

He will be working in the white house in weeks.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

23 hours ago, renoskier said:

Ummm.... that's the wrong question?

I know that.....  I'm just saying if he or she is scamming be a little bit more smart about it.

down in a hole.jpg