Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Coastie Award - Nominations

11 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would like to say one thing though, regarding @Coastie and this award.

Coastie was so valuable to this community because of what he was.  He was intelligent but sometimes wrong.  He was sincere but sometimes a dick.  He loved to bash trolls, he was great at it.  He was a die hard homer, like most of us, which meant sometimes he had silly opinions, like we all do.  Coastie was so great because he was what the MWCboard represented at it's best.  A smart, witty, often insulting and sometimes a jackass poster that everybody respected.  A poster that most everybody would click on a thread to see what he had to say if he was the last poster on it.

He was not the boards Mother Theresa.  He was arguably the best mwcboarder, which is different.  So it is in that vein that some people with trollish behavior from time to time, in the spirit of the board, yet are valued members with great insights and generally likable represent the spirit the coastie as originally intended.  Coastie was never the most sickening nicest poster of the board, not even close.  But he was arguably the best.  So if we are going to honor his qualities, we should honor them for what they were.  This should not be a "who is the nicest award".  It should be a a "who do you enjoy the most award that is not ridiculous".

Just my .02

He was everything a Coastie should be. A good dude who could be salty when needed. 

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

@happycamper the commie @nocoolnamejim @kingpotato @halfmanhalfbronco. Dammit why do I get along so well with all these Boise fans? Must be the native Idahoan in me. @cosinama doesn’t post much and is a huge pussy, but he/she is solid and very reasonable too. 

Makes me want to throw a grandma.

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So we're clear, we should then think about the Coastie as the best overall MWCBoard poster award, not the sweater-wearing nice guy award? IF that's the case, I suggest we need to have something for the most sickening nicest poster of the board. Perhaps "4themugfaithfunlv" award? 

@thelawlorfaithfulis a nice dude, until you cross him. Then the gloves come off and he begins to spam the board with old movie gifs.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

@thelawlorfaithfulis a nice dude, until you cross him. Then the gloves come off and he begins to spam the board with old movie gifs.

For as nice as Ned @thelawlorfaithful Flanders appears on the surface, he still bleeds UNR and Grandma should never turn her back on him.

latest?cb=20150427101155

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

We've killed the monoculture! Nobody watches the same things anymore, you have to use old movies everyone has seen! I’m not about to start watching lame ass comic book movies.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Dammit why do I get along so well with all these Boise fans? Must be the native Idahoan in me.

Mental disorder/irregularity is the most likely cause. It's pretty common among native Idahoans. Like erectile dysfunction, it happens to a lot of people. Nothing to be ashamed of. 

I haven't read through this thread, and don't have time now, but I'm going to add a blanket 2nd/3rd/ and so on to those that have been nominated so far. and in case @toonkee hasn't been nominated, I'll do that, as he might be one of the nicest posters on here. there are others as well, that I will add tonight.

And @mugtang, please make sure you remove me from the nominations, there are plenty of posters here that deserve a spot, and I already have bragging rights. thanks.