Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Andrew Lincoln Leaving the Walking Dead?

WTF?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I don't think I've watched it since the sixth season... it really went off the rails. 

I think it’s time to call it quits for them.  They should’ve ended it after this last season.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they end it after season 9. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It's AMC.  They haven't paid their actors well.  I can't believe TWD has lasted 8 seasons.  So long as AMC continues to pay actors on their biggest series poorly they will have discourse.

I believe Lincoln was making like $90 k per episode.  Peanuts for the amount of revenue they've brought in.  For several seasons they were charging $500k per 30 second spot. Anyone who watches AMC knows how many commercials they shove in.  TWD has made a lot of money.  It hasn't gone to the artists however.

Hell the creator of the graphic novels, Robert Kirkman is suing AMC for not providing a fair share of the profits.

Frank Darabont sued AMC too, after being fired at the end of season 2.  I think he's suing them again.

AMC is a clusterphuck of greed.  Exactly how I imagine a Toolish organization to be run. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

I have stuck with the show and thought season 8 was pretty good (season 7 was the worse since season 2). But I dont think I’ll stick with the show with Daryl as the lead; he isn’t a leader and just isn’t that interesting of a character to me. 

Side note, fear the walking dead is actually pretty damn good now. I watched the first season then lost interest early in season 2 but binged it when I found out Morgan was joining the cast; season 3 was good and season 4 has been good so far as well. 

Fear the Walking Dead is now a better show in my opinion. My favorite episode this season is titled "Laura". This season of FTWD really stepped it up a few notches, and of course Morgan is in it now too. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

3 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

Fear the Walking Dead is now a better show in my opinion. My favorite episode this season is titled "Laura". This season of FTWD really stepped it up a few notches, and of course Morgan is in it now too. 

I have come to really like FTWD.  I think TWD has grown stale and has become very predictable. 

I stopped watching The Walking Dead, it just wasn't going anywhere. Negin was a good add for a while but I grew tired of that whole dynamic. My biggest disappointment in the whole series is that Daryl never banged Maggie's little sister Beth. Well, that and the dump people who speak as if they're retarded -- beyond ridiculous. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I stopped watching The Walking Dead, it just wasn't going anywhere. Negin was a good add for a while but I grew tired of that whole dynamic. My biggest disappointment in the whole series is that Daryl never banged Maggie's little sister Beth. Well, that and the dump people who speak as if they're retarded -- beyond ridiculous. 

They stretched the war with the Saviors way too long. I stuck with it hoping it would get better, and season 8 was better than the terrible season 7, but it’s still not worth watching anymore.

4 hours ago, NVGiant said:

They stretched the war with the Saviors way too long. I stuck with it hoping it would get better, and season 8 was better than the terrible season 7, but it’s still not worth watching anymore.

I think they first messed up back in season 5, although I enjoyed that season. They should have gotten to Alexandria mid season; that would have let them do the mega herd and wolves in the back half of that season. Then you could have had  negan killing Glen/Abraham be mid season finale season 6. Then you squeeze all of the story of seasons 7 and 8 in to the back half of 6 and all of 7. Would have cut out basically all the filler and made for a much better show.

But of course that would have been less profitable so no way they would have done that. 

The sad thing is that AMC is just going to continue to try to milk TWD into oblivion. Even with it declining, it still makes/has made more money for them then Breaking Bad did at it's height. As long as it's bringing in money they don't care about the quality. I actually liked season 7 and 8. I thought Negan was a cool character to bring in and I liked what he brought, but a lot of the story writing is just shit. A big issue for them is just drawing stuff out. It is so slow paced and barely anything happens then there is 1 or 2 big episodes per 8 episodes. 

They should have stopped TWD a couple of seasons ago. I'm grateful that Breaking Bad didn't chase the money and draw it out longer. They were able to keep their amazing story and plot and bring a great show to a proper end. 

16 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I have stuck with the show and thought season 8 was pretty good (season 7 was the worse since season 2). But I dont think I’ll stick with the show with Daryl as the lead; he isn’t a leader and just isn’t that interesting of a character to me. 

Side note, fear the walking dead is actually pretty damn good now. I watched the first season then lost interest early in season 2 but binged it when I found out Morgan was joining the cast; season 3 was good and season 4 has been good so far as well. 

Agreed.  Season 8 was pretty dang good.  I hope this is the last season.