Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Weight loss

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

What does your daily food regimen look like now?

In the mornings I usually have a meal replacement shake for breakfast.  A midmorning snack is usually a yogurt or piece of fruit and lunch is either a protein or another shake.   For dinner it’s usually a protein.  The proteins I eat are typically 3-4 ozs as that’s all I can stomach.  Anymore and it physically hurts.  I also have to take a daily multivitamin for the rest of my life because I no longer absorb enough nutrients from my food.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner

Congratulations!   You look a lot healthier!

I just hope this doesn't mean that you have lost your passion for ice cream!

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

In the mornings I usually have a meal replacement shake for breakfast.  A midmorning snack is usually a yogurt or piece of fruit and lunch is either a protein or another shake.   For dinner it’s usually a protein.  The proteins I eat are typically 3-4 ozs as that’s all I can stomach.  Anymore and it physically hurts.  I also have to take a daily multivitamin for the rest of my life because I no longer absorb enough nutrients from my food.  

crazy.  Should cut down on your groceries!!!

I knew a lady that had something similar and she couldn't eat more than a shot glass worth of food. 

17 hours ago, mugtang said:

So I haven’t shared this much here because, well I wasn’t sure it was the right place to share it but phuck it.  Most of you don’t know this but I’ve struggled with my weight for my entire life.  For those of you who have struggled with your weight you probably understand where I’m coming from.  Losing weight isn’t always easy.  When you’re morbidly obese like I was, it’s not as easy as “oh just eat better and go to the gym”.  

Anyway, last spring I decided I was going to do something about my weight and started researching options.  I ultimately decided on having a gastric sleeve done.  It’s a surgery where they go in and cut out about 85% of your stomach. You have to go through a 6 months prep before hand to prove you can make the lifestyle changes, which I did. My top weight was 379 pounds and in less than a year I’ve lost over 100lbs.  It’s the best decision I’ve ever made health wise and am excited by the changes. I have about 50 more lbs to go before I reach my goal but I decided I wanted to share with you guys. Here’s the difference (Mid November vs last Thursday) EF3E6E80-B338-4B3F-9BC9-DA4C717EC0DB.jpeg

Yes, I know I’m ugly.  Thanks. 

The Storm Trooper shirt is a nice touch considering your avatar...

12 minutes ago, nomascows said:

The Storm Trooper shirt is a nice touch considering your avatar...

Thanks!  Got it in Hawaii a couple of years ago and it never fit, until recently. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Congratulations!   You look a lot healthier!

I just hope this doesn't mean that you have lost your passion for ice cream!

I do love ice cream but I can’t eat it anymore :( 

26 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

crazy.  Should cut down on your groceries!!!

I knew a lady that had something similar and she couldn't eat more than a shot glass worth of food. 

Yeah my grocery bills have been cut by 2/3rds. 

you carry 280 pretty well. keep it up.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

50 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

can you drink booze ?

I haven’t tried but from what I’ve read I shouldn’t.   I don’t metabolize alcohol the same so 1 glass of wine will likely make me drunk for hours. 

35 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I haven’t tried but from what I’ve read I shouldn’t.  I don’t metastasize alcohol the same so 1 glass of wine will likely make me drunk for hours. 

My god, man! You metastasize alcohol? Does the booze run true? If so, we need you at the first Wolf Pack tailgate this fall. Just a sip of Lagavulin 16 and we can tap you for the remainder of the afternoon when we need refills of that smokey nectar for our flasks.

What’s your rate of production and how long do you think you’d last before the effect wears off? Need to plan how many people I invite. 

3 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

My god, man! You metastasize alcohol? Does the booze run true? If so, we need you at the first Wolf Pack tailgate this fall. Just a sip of Lagavulin 16 and we can tap you for the remainder of the afternoon when we need refills of that smokey nectar for our flasks.

What’s your rate of production and how long do you think you’d last before the effect wears off? Need to plan how many people I invite. 

God damn it. I meant metabolize. 

39 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I haven’t tried but from what I’ve read I shouldn’t. 

I mean that pretty much holds for everyone else on this thread too

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, Boise fan said:

That's a good thing!  At 300+ calories a slice, there are so many better things to consume.  You look good, man.  Kudos on the accomplishment!

Ever hear of anyone eating 3 apples in one sitting? It's weird how much pizza we can eat and how unhealthy it is.. 3 slices is nothing. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.