Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Maybe we’ve been talking about booting the wrong school?

Just now, pokebball said:

Like what?  I don't mean to be an ass, but what specifically are you looking for.

Beaches?

I would gladly live in Laramie.  It has everything I love aside from the salmon and steelhead runs.  I think Idaho wilderness is slightly better because of those runs and more whitewater but not by much.  High desert is awesome.  Denver being close by means I can get out for city fun during the weekends.  

I make fun of Laramie on here to troll Wyoming fans but I would be happy there.

18 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I love you bro. 

I demand a high standard for Wyoming fans. It's how we will win the eventual civil war that this board is staring down. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

37 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Like what?  I don't mean to be an ass, but what specifically are you looking for.

Beaches?

You WYO guys are like religious Zealots. You find our someone is a non-believer and you just can't take it. lol.

How about this, what does Laramie offer that I can't get on vacation or while living in a more remote part of CA/NV/AZ/ID/OR/WA?

36 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I demand a high standard for Wyoming fans. It's how we will win the eventual civil war that this board is staring down. 

Much like you pointed out with Nevada, there are no average Wyoming posters here.

Guest #1Stunner
21 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

You WYO guys are like religious Zealots. You find our someone is a non-believer and you just can't take it. lol.

How about this, what does Laramie offer that I can't get on vacation or while living in a more remote part of CA/NV/AZ/ID/OR/WA?

If Wyoming started a College Baseball program, and you were offered a job as the top assistant coach, at a salary of 80K (equivalent to 500K in San Diego), would take the job? 

You'd have to live in Laramie and wear brown and yellow Cowboys Athletics gear as part of the job.  You'd get to recruit Europe (no people to recruit in Wyoming). You'd be provided a free bus pass.  And you'd be forbidden from making comments about the natives being shorter than the national average.

Do you take this job?

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Much like you pointed out with Nevada, there are no average Wyoming posters here.

They are actually usually shorter than average. (Careful mentioning this, though).

Guest #1Stunner
43 minutes ago, happycamper said:

You are a coward school until you Cowboy up and play your one true rival.

Home -Home-Neutral.

8 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Better skiing, better summer weather, prettier mountains, better beer, prettier town. 

Frankly what is fantastic about Laramie isn't one thing that's better than anywhere else, it's that there are so many good to great things it has an embarrassment of outdoor riches. Rock climbing and mountain bike trails at Vedauwoo, skiing at Steamboat, hiking and camping in the snowies, water recreation in various nearby reservoirs and on the Laramie, a pretty town with a railroad downtown that isn't boarded up like half the other towns that size. 

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

They are actually usually shorter than average. (Careful mentioning this, though).

I don't get your fixation on this. I feel like a shrimp in Wyoming and anywhere else I go I'm average. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

You are a coward school until you Cowboy up and play your one true rival.

Home -Home-Neutral.

We play CSU every year. 

Just now, Bob said:

You are the biggest fuc.king idiot alive. 

image.thumb.png.e9c093ef11e49d320893d5d3aa4d00bf.png

Bob. The average high for Laramie hits 70 for 3 months. The average low is also WAY lower than the average high because of the aridity and altitude. 

Did you read the difference between "record" and "average"?

Just now, happycamper said:

Bob. The average high for Laramie hits 70 for 3 months. The average low is also WAY lower than the average high because of the aridity and altitude. 

Did you read the difference between "record" and "average"?

Also, hitting 60-70 for an hour is hardly what people would consider summer temps.  5 months of summer indeed.

July and August look beautiful though.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

What are you talking about? I said the high temp was upper 60s to low 80s for most of 5 months of the year. I didn't mention anything about the low temp so what does that have to do with anything?

le sigh. It has to do with how nice it is.

I like how you left off the fact that Laramie averages 3 inches of snow in May and .2 inches of accumluation in September and June. It's almost like I have memories of freezing my ass off in Laramie in every month except July and August for nigh on a decade.

Climate data for Laramie, Wyoming (Laramie Regional Airport), 1981–2010 normals
Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year
Record high °F (°C) 59
(15)
(17)
(22)
(25)
(31)
(34)
(34)
(34)
(32)
(26)
(21)
(16)
(34)
Average high °F (°C) 33.3
(0.7)
(1.8)
(6.1)
(10.6)
(16.4)
(22.5)
(26.7)
(25.5)
(20.3)
(13.2)
(5.2)
(0.1)
(12.4)
Average low °F (°C) 10.1
(−12.2)
(−11.2)
(−7.4)
(−4.1)
(0.9)
(5.5)
(8.9)
(8.2)
(3.3)
(−2.2)
(−8.1)
(−12.2)
(−2.6)
Record low °F (°C) −50
(−46)
−39
(−39)
−25
(−32)
−14
(−26)
(−15)
(−6)
(−1)
(−2)
−2
(−19)
−18
(−28)
−26
(−32)
−34
(−37)
−50
(−46)
Average precipitation inches (mm) .27
(6.9)
(8.6)
(15)
(27.4)
(42.9)
(38.9)
(36.3)
(31.8)
(28.2)
(20.3)
(14.7)
(9.4)
(280.2)
Average snowfall inches (cm) 7.4
(18.8)
(21.1)
(23.6)
(24.1)
(8.4)
(0.5)
(0)
(0)
(0.5)
(6.1)
(17)
(16.5)
(136.6)

Just now, Bob said:

What are you talking about? I said the high temp was upper 60s to low 80s for most of 5 months of the year. I didn't mention anything about the low temp so what does that have to do with anything?

A lot when you said it was summer weather.  You also do not seem to understand how averages work.  Summer in Stanley Idaho is only about 2.5 months.  Seems like a similar climate to Laramie.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I didn't mention anything about low temps or snow, you moron. All I said was the average high was decent and comfortable for pretty much 5 months out of the year. Which it is.  

No, it isn't. The first part of May is what people in Colorado call "winter" and the second part is what they call "early spring". The middle of September on blustery and chilly. Hell the first part of June you still have to worry about snowstorms and keeping the heater on in your home. That is not summer. 

Bob, you're a dumbass. July and August in Laramie are as close to paradise, climate wise, as I've been. Those are also the two hottest months of the year. Pretending like it consistently hits 60s to 80s in frickin' May and September in Laramie is retarded.

Just now, Bob said:

I understand how an average temp works. and you're subjective definition of 'summer' doesn't mean anything in the context of Laramie's average high temperature being in the upper 60s to low 80s for basically 5 months out of the year. 

You said there was 5 months of summer.  That is not true.  Being in the low 60's (May) for an average high in high desert climate means you have like two hours where average people would not feel really cold.  Being in the high 60's (September) means you have about 3 or 4.  Don't get me, I love that weather and would be happy in it, but that is not "5 months of summer".  

Looks like a lot of my favorite towns in Idaho.  6 weeks of summer and 3 about 4 weeks where you are pretty positive you will not get snowed on at night.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

You've got to be kidding me. You can't even take raw data at face value. You are a strange individual

Bob I used the raw data to rip your retarded argument apart. You expect it to be snowy in May, you aren't surprised by in in June and September. You ask people "so you only expect like 1 snow in summer months right" and people will look at you like you grew a second head, let alone asking people if they only expect 3 inches of snow in summer.

I love Laramie. It's my hometown, it's where I've lived more than anywhere else, it's where much of my family and friends live, it's where I met my wife. I also don't make it out to be some sort of near-Casper weather wise. It ain't. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

You've got to be kidding me. You can't even take raw data at face value. You are a strange individual

FWIW......it is hard to beat Laramie weather in the summer.  Doesn't get too hot and the town turns green.  Prefer Laramie summers over Denver summers.      Looking forward to a couple bike trips this summer.