Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

CSU OL...

Looks like attendance probably won’t be too good for year two of the new stadium. CSU will be lucky to finish above .500. 

Low attendance combined with big time $$ owed on that stadium could spell disaster in Ft. Collins. 

33 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:
Let's say entering a new season with no returning OL starters isn't ideal.

Ben Knox- the starting RT- is back.Colby Meeks started 5 games last year and 4 the year before. Jeff Taylor started 3 games. Tyler Bjorklund started 3 games.

Good post though!

37 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Looks like attendance probably won’t be too good for year two of the new stadium. CSU will be lucky to finish above .500. 

Low attendance combined with big time $$ owed on that stadium could spell disaster in Ft. Collins. 

You guys raise enough money yet to remove all the barbed wire from the stadium?

1 minute ago, Fort Fun said:

You guys raise enough money yet to remove all the barbed wire from the stadium?

My opinion bothered you I guess. 

You have a beautiful stadium that will be a financial anchor on your school for decades. I think you guys finished 7-5 last year?  

Looks like CSU could be worse this year and will probably hurt attendance. You don’t think so?

1 minute ago, Cincy said:

Looks like CSU could be worse this year and will probably hurt attendance. You don’t think so?

Sure. Our fans have a storied history of being the worst. 

Your opinion doesn't bother me. Low-information simpletons with opinions bother me.

After looking at the schedule I see a 5-7 season at worst and 7-5 at best. 

10 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Your opinion doesn't bother me. Low-information simpletons with opinions bother me.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-18/2018-colorado-state-rams-football-schedule.php

6 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

I don't understand the purpose of this post. Are you drunk?

Do you always get this upset if someone doesn’t blow smoke up your ass?

I’m giving my opinion on CSU’s record next year. What don’t you understand?

What record do you think CSU will finish with?

35 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Ben Knox- the starting RT- is back.Colby Meeks started 5 games last year and 4 the year before. Jeff Taylor started 3 games. Tyler Bjorklund started 3 games.

Good post though!

Better than the original post, but even with the starting RT back, that's still only about 23-24 starts for the entire Oline (if Meeks started every game).  To me, experience of the Oline is one of the most significant position groups to predict future success.

4 minutes ago, Cincy said:

I have no idea. Somewhere between 0-12 and 14-0.

20 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Lol, talk about simpleton. 

CSU has a brand new QB, OC, and DC and you think a prediction in May has any value?

When someone on the internet starts threatening me.

Edit: and for the record, I have no qualms about your prediction on CSU's record. Predicting between 5 to 7 wins isn't exactly going out on a limb.

44 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Take it back or Grandma gets it!

Image result for tied up grandma

16 minutes ago, Cincy said:

From my understanding, CSU lost a lot of contributing pieces from the 7-5 squad last year. In the Mountain I think Boise will be about the same (maybe better), Wyoming will be about the same, and USU will likely be a bit better. UNM will probably be worse and AFA is always a mystery. I think it CSU will beat Hawaii at home at @SJSU. Nevada should be improved in year two. 

Looking at the schedule CSU has a few close to sure thing wins: Hawaii, @ SJSU, Illinois State. 

Likely Losses: Arkansas, Florida, Boise State

Toss-ups: CU, UNM, AFA, USU, Wyo, Nevada 

Six wins sounds about right for CSU. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

40 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

From my understanding, CSU lost a lot of contributing pieces from the 7-5 squad last year. In the Mountain I think Boise will be about the same (maybe better), Wyoming will be about the same, and USU will likely be a bit better. UNM will probably be worse and AFA is always a mystery. I think it CSU will beat Hawaii at home at @SJSU. Nevada should be improved in year two. 

Looking at the schedule CSU has a few close to sure thing wins: Hawaii, @ SJSU, Illinois State. 

Likely Losses: Arkansas, Florida, Boise State

Toss-ups: CU, UNM, AFA, USU, Wyo, Nevada 

Six wins sounds about right for CSU. 

I'll buy that.  We have no idea.  We did lose some pieces, but we also have some areas that SHOULD be improved.  There's some real improvement in talent in some spots and (theoretically) a better defensive scheme so it could go good.  If all that doesn't gel early, it will go bad.  O-line is definitely the biggest question mark IMO.  I'm pretty comfortable with the top 4, and have a lot of hope for #5, but there is a pretty big drop in depth behind that.  Talented young men with very little game experience.  We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I'll buy that.  We have no idea.  We did lose some pieces, but we also have some areas that SHOULD be improved.  There's some real improvement in talent in some spots and (theoretically) a better defensive scheme so it could go good.  If all that doesn't gel early, it will go bad.  O-line is definitely the biggest question mark IMO.  I'm pretty comfortable with the top 4, and have a lot of hope for #5, but there is a pretty big drop in depth behind that.  Talented young men with very little game experience.  We'll see.

Bobo has certainly recruited better talent than you’ve ever had. Can he scheme with and develop that talent? That’s the real question. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.