Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Aztecs 2018 MWC Baseball Champs

26 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Tournament champs.  I believe Nevada won the one that really counts IMO.

Aztecs 3-0 in the tournament - Nevada 0-2. Added to the regular season, that gives the Aztecs the better overall mwc record. Aztecs will go to THE tournament. Can't agree with which is more important. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

36 minutes ago, AztecBill said:

Aztecs 3-0 in the tournament - Nevada 0-2. Added to the regular season, that gives the Aztecs the better overall mwc record. Aztecs will go to THE tournament. Can't agree with which is more important. 

Nevada's baseball tourney struggles are unreal lol. Though it's not a huge suprise this year, the team has been so up and down. A few years ago when the tourney was in Reno, that one was a real bummer.

8k3esKz.png

Sad. That should be FS, but our team sucks again...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

58 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Hmm I don't know. Since 2011 only San Diego St and New Mexico have won the MWC Baseball Tournament. Fresno hasn't won a tournament in MWC yet so...

8 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

This is kind of like SJSU saying they should be MWC FB champs.

13 hours ago, Fowl said:

Tournament champs.  I believe Nevada won the one that really counts IMO.

I have to disagree. The MW is so awful at baseball that neither championship is much of an accomplishment. So the only thing which really counts about playing in the MW is that winning the conference tourney affords an opportunity to play in the NCAAs. SDSU now has plenty of experience in the regionals and one of these years we'll get past that round and that will be the REAL accomplishment.

I'll repeat that I think it was unfair to UNR not to have allowed them to host the conference tournament. However, playing in the MW is to endure stupidity.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I have to disagree. The MW is so awful at baseball that neither championship is much of an accomplishment. So the only thing which really counts about playing in the MW is that winning the conference tourney affords an opportunity to play in the NCAAs. SDSU now has plenty of experience in the regionals and one of these years we'll get past that round and that will be the REAL accomplishment.

I'll repeat that I think it was unfair to UNR not to have allowed them to host the conference tournament. However, playing in the MW is to endure stupidity.

It is what it is. Nevada knew the road to the NCAA before the season. It can’t bitch now. Unfortunately the league just isn’t good which is odd because with such a strong Cali presence it should be better. From top to bottom it needs to play better OOC. Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, badfish said:

This is kind of like SJSU saying they should be MWC FB champs.

Fresno has won the MWC regular season before...SJSU football never has. I don’t think SJSU has a football national championship either.

Fresno also has made it to the NCAA Tournament 30+ times (more than double the times SDSU has), and to the CWS 4 times. I know you’re just trolling, but no one in this league has been historically more successful in baseball than Fresno- not even SDSU. 

Anyways, carry on...

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

5 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Fresno has won the MWC regular season before...SJSU football never has. I don’t think SJSU has a football national championship either.

Fresno also has made it to the NCAA Tournament 30+ times (more than double the times SDSU has), and to the CWS 4 times. I know you’re just trolling, but no one in this league has been historically more successful in baseball than Fresno- not even SDSU. 

Anyways, carry on...

Bingo. And that’s exactly why it’s a sad deal...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 5/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, wolfpack1 said:

Hmm I don't know. Since 2011 only San Diego St and New Mexico have won the MWC Baseball Tournament. Fresno hasn't won a tournament in MWC yet so...

Until the 2000s Fresno was one of the winningest baseball programs in the nation. 

Then Bates took over. 

18 minutes ago, WACkyGuy said:

Until the 2000s Fresno was one of the winningest baseball programs in the nation. 

Then Bates took over. 

Fresno St will be signing Batesole to a contract extension sometime this summer.

6 WAC Tournament Titles, 5 WAC regular season titles. 1 MWC regular season title, 1 National Championship.

Has only two losing seasons while at Fresno, does have 560 victories while coaching Fresno as well.

With who he was following, it is tough but wouldn't say he hasn't been unsuccessful at Fresno.

I'm just saying, 

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Fresno St will be signing Batesole to a contract extension sometime this summer.

6 WAC Tournament Titles, 5 WAC regular season titles. 1 MWC regular season title, 1 National Championship.

Has only two losing seasons while at Fresno, does have 560 victories while coaching Fresno as well.

With who he was following, it is tough but wouldn't say he hasn't been unsuccessful at Fresno.

I'm just saying, 

Agree, he was successful, especially early. But lately it's been really bad 

Bennett made 21 regionals in 34 years. Bates has made 6 in 16 years (all 6 in a 7 year span, aided by a bad conference). On top of the on field struggles, alums are almost non existent. Not a great culture. 

The extension isn't a true extension, it's going to make sense once it's all finished.