Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nvspuds

Jordan Caroline

The twins should be back:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Caleb Martin can always brag to his future teammates in Uzbekistan about playing against Chandler Hutchison.  I wonder if the twins took the opportunity at the combine to ask for his autograph? 

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Caleb Martin can always brag to his future teammates in Uzbekistan about playing against Chandler Hutchison.  I wonder if the twins took the opportunity at the combine to ask for his autograph? 

They did, but couldn’t find him because Hutchison never shows up after February.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

They did, but couldn’t find him because Hutchison never shows up after February.

The Martins will have the chance again.  Caleb might end up parking Hutchisons car for him in a few years.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Martins will have the chance again.  Caleb might end up parking Hutchisons car for him in a few years.

Some people find parking to be a pressure situation, so that’s understandable.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

This is an interesting read regarding Caleb's prospects.  It looks like automation is a bigger threat to Caleb's future than his inability to play defense, lack of length and athleticism etc...

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-kiosk-vs-cashiers-photos-2018-3

22 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Caleb will be making a lot of these.

Image result for currency of uzbekistan

Meanwhile Hutchison will be like

Image result for blinged out

I think Hutch will make an excellent mascot for Sacramento. And since they’re never good the spotlight will never get bright enough for him to wilt while tying balloon animals.

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Has announced that he is returning to the Pack..No word yet on the Martins..I am very happy to see him in the Silver and Blue for another season!!

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

good news for the pack!

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Another season of college basketball won't make up that talent deficit. NBA is all about young talent and potential. I doubt they'll ever play in NBA regardless if they stay or not. 

2 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Another season of college basketball won't make up that talent deficit. NBA is all about young talent and potential. I doubt they'll ever play in NBA regardless if they stay or not. 

Probably not so it’s do you come back for one more season and be part of something that could be really special or do you head over to Europe this season? 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The question is, why go back to school if you're the Martins.  Just get over to Europe and start making money.   

They might think they can play their way into the NBA like Hutch did.  But they've got their degrees and can play their way to the NBA while getting paid. 

Honestly, I don't think the twins, McCoy or Hutch will do much in the NBA other than keep the bench warm for a couple of years. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Probably not so it’s do you come back for one more season and be part of something that could be really special or do you head over to Europe this season? 

High degree of risk. They could get hurt or just plain lose in the first or second round of the tournament. Really good teams get knocked out early every year, of course. 

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

The question is, why go back to school if you're the Martins.  Just get over to Europe and start making money.   

You get to spend one last year in College where you’ll be treated like kings instead of entering a cutthroat workforce in a strange place. You have the chance to be huge stars in college basketball on a potentially top 10 team with sportscenter covering your season closely, or you can try and make it work as an anonymous pro athlete. You can come back for a possible dream season, or you can make money.

Money is important, but it isn’t the only thing that’s valuable. Matt Leinart looked like he had a blast. So did Frank Mason, Russ Smith, Draymond Green, and John Scheyer.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You get to spend one last year in College where you’ll be treated like kings instead of entering a cutthroat workforce in a strange place. You have the chance to be huge stars in college basketball on a potentially top 10 team with sportscenter covering your season closely, or you can try and make it work as an anonymous pro athlete. You can come back for a possible dream season, or you can make money.

Money is important, but it isn’t the only thing that’s valuable. Matt Leinart looked like he had a blast. So did Frank Mason, Russ Smith, Draymond Green, and John Scheyer.

Frank Kaminsky, too.

But those guys are the exceptions and also from big programs where there might be a little more "booster support".  Might make it a little more fun and the decision to stay in college more competitive.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

High degree of risk. They could get hurt or just plain lose in the first or second round of the tournament. Really good teams get knocked out early every year, of course. 

Sure there’s a risk.  Obviously you guys, the rest of MWC, don’t want them to return and obviously we, Nevada fans, want them to return.  They need to look at the risks and make the best decision for them.