Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

UNLV Practice Facility

Congratulations UNLV. 

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

Ha! RebelRobert, you're a dipshit. 

14 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Ha! RebelRobert, you're a dipshit. 

I'm waiting for his latest version of "Best of the Rest" Conference.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

BYU

Boise

UNLV

SDSU

Houston

SMU

Colorado State

New Mexico

Memphis

Make it happen!  Vegas could be the anchor for another conference and sponge of of them instead. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

20 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Watch the video for $30 million practice facility.

:04-second loop of the same earth moving equipment.  IMPRESSIVE!!!

4 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

:04-second loop of the same earth moving equipment.  IMPRESSIVE!!!

I get the scrapper and the blade but what is up with that back hoe??

down in a hole.jpg

59 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

RebelRobert is the greatest troll in the MW, and it’s not even close.  You people keep biting.

He’s the only online poster I’ve ever heard called out by name on the radio.

He's more fool than troll. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Guest RoscoesDad
19 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

A Rebel with a clue. So rare these days. 

Been around this proigram for 28-years.  All to familiar with how things roll in these parts. 

I won't believe it until the grand opening cermony.  Too many BB only 'runnin rebel' fans in town, with money, that want nothing more than for the football program to fail so all the resources can be concentrated on BB.

I'm looking forward to sitting inside of a climate controlled NFL stadium. If I"m going to the game anyway I'd rather sit in a new Mercedes instead of a 48 year old Dodge.

At least if they spend 2 Billion $$$ maybe they will have 1 good concession stand.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

Been around this proigram for 28-years.  All to familiar with how things roll in these parts. 

I won't believe it until the grand opening cermony.  Too many BB only 'runnin rebel' fans in town, with money, that want nothing more than for the football program to fail so all the resources can be concentrated on BB.

I don't see it being that way for too long. Menzies will keep hoops mired in mediocrity until we finally cut bait. Attendance there is already putrid. With the new stadium and new practice facility, I think football is gonna get a bump. Tony is about to see the fruits of his off the field labors. Not saying we will be a threat to win the conference or anything ridiculous, but bowl games should be the new normal, and I think football will get a lot more attention in the next 10 years. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we are saying UNLV is a football school by 2028.

Guest RoscoesDad
5 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't see it being that way for too long. Menzies will keep hoops mired in mediocrity until we finally cut bait. Attendance there is already putrid. With the new stadium and new practice facility, I think football is gonna get a bump. Tony is about to see the fruits of his off the field labors. Not saying we will be a threat to win the conference or anything ridiculous, but bowl games should be the new normal, and I think football will get a lot more attention in the next 10 years. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we are saying UNLV is a football school by 2028.

We agree.  I do trust in Tony even though I think he has played things way too safe the last few years and have been frustrated by that but I can see the long term goal on the horizon.    We are in a top 25 market now and have D1 talent in HS all over the place and playing in likely the most state of the art stadium in the world.  It's  almost going to be impossible to +++++ it up from here....

Speaking of that - anyone heard a peep from DRF in the last year since she's been hired?  Me neither.  I'd like that job.  Graney had already done about 20 puff piece interviews with Livengood after his first year. I am seriously interested to know what DRF has actually done to this point aside from looking like a million bucks on her instagram account?  Has she secured any new major donors and sponsors?  What's her vision for UNLV Athletics in the next 5-10 years?  Things that most ADs are asked about typically.....

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

RebelRobert is the greatest troll in the MW, and it’s not even close.  You people keep biting.

He’s the only online poster I’ve ever heard called out by name on the radio.

Only because a bunch of other Rebel fans beat his feebleminded azz...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, quickdraw said:

I'm looking forward to sitting inside of a climate controlled NFL stadium. If I"m going to the game anyway I'd rather sit in a new Mercedes instead of a 48 year old Dodge.

At least if they spend 2 Billion $$$ maybe they will have 1 good concession stand.

Can’t argue against this. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

It's that way at most state schools, not just your's. There's rarely enough slice$ of pie to go around. 

14 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

We agree.  I do trust in Tony even though I think he has played things way too safe the last few years and have been frustrated by that but I can see the long term goal on the horizon.    We are in a top 25 market now and have D1 talent in HS all over the place and playing in likely the most state of the art stadium in the world.  It's  almost going to be impossible to +++++ it up from here....

Speaking of that - anyone heard a peep from DRF in the last year since she's been hired?  Me neither.  I'd like that job.  Graney had already done about 20 puff piece interviews with Livengood after his first year. I am seriously interested to know what DRF has actually done to this point aside from looking like a million bucks on her instagram account?  Has she secured any new major donors and sponsors?  What's her vision for UNLV Athletics in the next 5-10 years?  Things that most ADs are asked about typically.....

I don't see anything new coming from DRF what with the Jessup fiasco and then having to report to a CEO who is probably someones boyfriend at the BOR.  If she is smart she should be working on her "escape" plan.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, RebelRobert said:

Watch the video for $30 million practice facility.

nice! Memphis football doesn't have near the funding of Memphis basketball so Memphis football is having to build it's IPF on the cheap.

It's expected to cost 13 million dollars. The UofM has taken out 10.6 million in loans/bonds to pay for it and the rest will be paid with fan donations. Memphis will also play a 'buy game' at Purdue in 2020 for 750k. That 750k will go directly towards paying for the IPF.

9fb6caddc0ed42c29acd7248a4ae4af9.jpeg

Indoor%20Practice%20Field.jpg?itok=tT1gJ

mem skyline sig.jpeg