Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

UNLV Practice Facility

What are you going to be practicing in that complex?  Soccer? Cheerleading? The dance team going to use it?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

14 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Watch the video for $30 million practice facility.

The entire video was a three earth movers pushing around dirt. GREAT UPDATE - EXCELLENT SUCCESS

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

What are you going to be practicing in that complex?  Soccer? Cheerleading? The dance team going to use it?

You are thinking of UNR's Cashell Feildhouse which the UNR Football team SHARES.

Or maybe you are are thinking of the shitty $3 million dollar shared use Basketball "Peformance Practice Facility" also known as Lombardi Rec Center.

UNLV Football will have their own facility just like UNLV Basketball.

Not SHARED USE like little UNR.

48 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

The entire video was a three earth movers pushing around dirt. GREAT UPDATE - EXCELLENT SUCCESS

At UNLV Athletics we build new Facilities from the ground up.  We don't renovate like up North.

This is how that process begins, since UNR Athletic fans wouldn't know.

15 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

You are thinking of UNR's Cashell Feildhouse which the UNR Football team SHARES.

Or maybe you are are thinking of the shitty $3 million dollar shared use Basketball "Peformance Practice Facility" also known as Lombardi Rec Center.

Lol the Ramon Session basketball practice facility is exclusively used for basketball 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/09/15/ramon-sessions-wolf-pack-practice-facility-dedication-this-dream-me/671355001/

And you shouldn’t be throwing stones in glass houses considering your football stadium isn’t yours and your playing second fiddle to the Raiders. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Lol the Ramon Session basketball practice facility is exclusively used for basketball 

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2017/09/15/ramon-sessions-wolf-pack-practice-facility-dedication-this-dream-me/671355001/

And you shouldn’t be throwing stones in glass houses considering your football stadium isn’t yours and your playing second fiddle to the Raiders. 

SHARED for mens and womens right?  That is what SHARED means.

24 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

And they will continue their long held tradition of suckage. 

It's just lipstick on a pig. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

And they will continue their long held tradition of suckage. 

It's just lipstick on a pig. 

Lipstick on a pig would be renovating something ugly and old to try to make it look pretty.

DEFINITION of UNR ATHLETICS.  All you do is put lipstick on a pig.  When have you built something new for Football or Basketball?

Still dreaming about that new INDOOR FOOTBALL PRACTICE FACILITY at UNR?  Keep dreaming.  Try and find something from 1940 to remodel.

Lipstick on a real pig.  UNR Athletics.

5 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Looks like a car dealership. 

Looks like a nice place to keep the Fremont Cannon forever.

Let me know when UNR starts construction on your Football Practice Facility.  A dream that won't turn into a reality.

Students approved $9 million in fees but WHERE IS THE FACILITY???

Somebody can't raise the rest of the money.  So sad for UNR.

33 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

SHARED for mens and womens right?  That is what SHARED means.

Hey genius.  Your practice facility is shared too.

Rice said the Rebels could start practicing in the Mendenhall Center “in the next few weeks” after building inspections are completed. The women’s basketball and volleyball teams also will use the athletic training and weight rooms.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv/unlv-basketball/rebels-13-million-mendenhall-center-among-best-of-kind/

You may want to hold off on the chest thumping until you actually have a winning season.  But I guess in Vegas you have to search for a reason to be happy about Rebel sports. 

I'm happy the Raiders have to allow you to tag along.  We'll have to see if it translates to wins and people in Vegas actually giving a F about Rebel FB. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

You may want to hold off on the chest thumping until you actually have a winning season.  But I guess in Vegas you have to search for a reason to be happy about Rebel sports. 

I'm happy the Raiders have to allow you to tag along.  We'll have to see if it translates to wins and people in Vegas actually giving a F about Rebel FB. 

I am pretty sure UNR went 3-9 last year and 0-6 on the road in Football.

All you had to do is be respectful and say congrats on building your new faciilty.  Wish we had something that was 1/10th as good as that will be.

But no, you want to give advice when you play in crumbling welfare DUMPS.  You want to give advice when you have mediocre rebuilt facilities that cost 1/100th of what UNLV's cost.

You losers go 3-9 and want to talk about winning?  You lose every game on the road and want to talk $hit.

You are a disgrace.  Your Athletic department is flat broke.  You have horrible facilities.

Don't worry, Las Vegas taxes paid for your basketball arena.  We will pay to remodel it for you someday too.

Keep dreaming about that indoor practice facility that ain't coming.

Maybe win a road game in football before giving advice next time.

Congrats on the nice new building UNLV.  Wish UNR could build something new someday or remodel something nice.  Try it.

Guest RoscoesDad

Reno fan is clearly triggered by all of this #winning, and it's glorious.   With that said, this is UNLV and I am sure some random obstacle will present itself to prevent anything actually positive happening for the football program.   Wouldn't surprise me at all if we are talking about completing a half built facility in 2020.  Because if basketball.is.going to suck there are enough of the basketball school pnly jackholes locally with money and leverage to make sure nothing gets done. 

43 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

Reno fan is clearly triggered by all of this #winning, and it's glorious.   With that said, this is UNLV and I am sure some random obstacle will present itself to prevent anything actually positive happening for the football program.   Wouldn't surprise me at all if we are talking about completing a half built facility in 2020.  Because if basketball.is.going to suck there are enough of the basketball school pnly jackholes locally with money and leverage to make sure nothing gets done. 

A Rebel with a clue. So rare these days. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

All you had to do is be respectful and say congrats on building your new faciilty.  Wish we had something that was 1/10th as good as that will be.

But no, you want to give advice when you play in crumbling welfare DUMPS.  You want to give advice when you have mediocre rebuilt facilities that cost 1/100th of what UNLV's cost.

You losers go 3-9 and want to talk about winning?  You lose every game on the road and want to talk $hit.

You are a disgrace.  Your Athletic department is flat broke.  You have horrible facilities.

Don't worry, Las Vegas taxes paid for your basketball arena.  We will pay to remodel it for you someday too.

Congrats on the nice new building UNLV.  Wish UNR could build something new someday or remodel something nice.  Try it.

#RebelTrumpRobert?

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

A lot of smack about our road record last year, not much about the games we won at home...hmmm, wonder why?