Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Hey gamers....

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

are any of you millenials, and others, as crazy about this Fortnite shit as my 11 year old?

People actually buy stuff for the game! WTF?!!!

My daughter just got into this game :rolleyes:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

My kids have been playing Fortnite non stop for about 6 months and I think it's still in beta. They are moving on to Destiny part 2 so it might have run it's course. Industry sources are estimating $500 million alone on ios and android.

My little guy is crazy about it. He can't play when he's with me, horrible dad doesn't have a gaming system!, so he watches other people play on youtube.  WTF?!

Anyway, he told me that when he plays at his mom's, he's already spent about $100 of his money on different shit within the game, (skins?)

I was starting to get a little "get off my lawn" annoyed but then I thought of some of the shit I spent money on when I was his age.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, renoskier said:

My little guy is crazy about it. He can't play when he's with me, horrible dad doesn't have a gaming system!, so he watches other people play on youtube.  WTF?!

Anyway, he told me that when he plays at his mom's, he's already spent about $100 of his money on different shit within the game, (skins?)

I was starting to get a little "get off my lawn" annoyed but then I thought of some of the shit I spent money on when I was his age.

I needed a study break yesterday and tried playing Fortnite... yeah, that game is not for me. I just didn't get it at all. +++++, I'm getting old. 

My kids are the same way about games... my son is obsessed with watching YouTube videos of people playing Fortnite and other games. He's getting sullen about the fact that his Chromebooks that we got for he and his twin sister for school can't play games on them. I guess it's getting close to time to needing to build a family gaming computer. 

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I needed a study break yesterday and tried playing Fortnite... yeah, that game is not for me. I just didn't get it at all. +++++, I'm getting old. 

My kids are the same way about games... my son is obsessed with watching YouTube videos of people playing Fortnite and other games. He's getting sullen about the fact that his Chromebooks that we got for he and his twin sister for school can't play games on them. I guess it's getting close to time to needing to build a family gaming computer. 

That brings up another question. Why play on a computer vs a game system?

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

That brings up another question. Why play on a computer vs a game system?

I'm a PC gamer first and foremost... I prefer keyboard/mouse over most everything, and there's a wider variety of games available on the PC platform. I do have a PS4, but it only really gets used for sports games or platform-exclusives. 

1 minute ago, nashvillepoke said:

My kids have been into fortnite,  I don't get it but my parents didn't get the games I played.  I really don't understand the infatuation with watching British douchebags narrating their video games.  

Yeah, the youtubers thing drives me bonkers, but I have to remind myself my old man didn’t see the appeal of slim shady and stone cold Steve Austin either.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Yeah, the youtubers thing drives me bonkers, but I have to remind myself my old man didn’t see the appeal of slim shady and stone cold Steve Austin either.

It isnt like you can walk 20 steps an be a rapper, or pro wrestler.  The video game being narrated is literally 20 steps away.  They would rather watch these guys than actually play the game.