Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

NFL Issues New Mandate Forcing All Players and Staff To Stand During Anthem

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

So now that this is no longer an issue, I assume Colin Kaepernick will get signed in the next few days. 

He definitely deserves a chance to make a team.  Doesn’t mean he will get signed but he should be given the opportunity to make a team, imo. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

So now that this is no longer an issue, I assume Colin Kaepernick will get signed in the next few days. 

Nah, they are making him exhibit A in this contest of wills.  Old "patriotic" white billionaires that don't appreciate a young African American, quarterback no less, showing up their product.  I seriously doubt he ever sees the field again.  They are putting him in his place because they can.  

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The difference is those fatties are paying to be there.  The players are being paid to be there and are employees of the team/NFL.

Using that logic our employers could require we stand and recite the pledge of allegiance or the Lord's Prayer before we start work in the morning.

Those fatties holding beers instead of their caps are probably the most indignant about the players.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

31 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The NFL is payed by the government to have the players on the field during the national anthem dipshit.

:hmmm: And yet the policy states that players can remain in the dressing room if they prefer.

They are on the sidelines, dipshit.  Not the playing field.  Semantics.  Learn it.

:lol:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Just now, Boise fan said:

:hmmm:And yet the policy states that players can remain in the dressing room if they prefer.

They are on the sidelines, dipshit.  Not the playing field.  Semantics.  Learn it.

:lol:

Link? I have never heard this. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Using that logic our employers could require we stand and recite the pledge of allegiance or the Lord's Prayer before we start work in the morning.

Those fatties holding beers instead of their caps are probably the most indignant about the players.

You have to be "This thin" to work for our company! 

Good thing the Tool is a slum lord/shitty internet provider/firefighter/EMT/1/250th Native American champion/former BSU Athletic Scholar!  Or he'd never be hired anywhere.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

49 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the NFL can mandate expected employee behavior while they are 'on the clock'.

Like any company can.

whats the big deal?

Except, the players are not employees of the "NFL". They are employed by the individual teams. That's why this new rule would fine the team, not the players, who are protected by the CBA.

It will be very interesting to see what happens if any players push the issue. 

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

An employer certainly could require that and would be within their rights.

You would also be within your rights to quit if you didn't want to do it.

It is called freedom.

Your freedom of speech/expression doesn't extend to your workplace, and the Constitution was never designed to protect your right to demonstrate on the clock.

The Bill of Rights is all about limiting the government, not private business, from infringing on rights.

I think people still get mixed up in thinking that the government guarantees your rights. Nobody gives you your rights. They are endowed by our "creator."

Making people stand for the anthem is stupid. But thinking that there is some guarantee of your rights while you're at work is even stupider.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

The difference is those fatties are paying to be there.  The players are being paid to be there and are employees of the team/NFL.

Can those paying fatties wear known gang attire into a stadium?  I.E Hells Angels, Mongols....

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Can those paying fatties wear known gang attire into a stadium?  I.E Hells Angels, Mongols....

No. They’re fat. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Everyone saying that the nfl is ALLOWED to do this is right. The concept of “rights,” taken to its logical extreme, is a fallacy. We have no rights at all. Just google “Japanese-Americans 1942” if you don’t believe me. Someone, whether it be an employer, the government, or even your fellow citizens, always has the ability to exert economic (or other types of) leverage over you and threaten your precious rights.

The question is whether the nfl SHOULD do this. Obviously not. It’s moral dwarfism. It’s stripping adults of their autonomy. It’s petulant and immature and pathetic in so many ways. 

Of course, however, since they’re allowed to, they’re going to, and since they have all the leverage, they can.