Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Don't speak Spanish in Montana

I’ve heard St Paddy’s day is f^cking off the chain in that little town that Evil Kenevel is from. Like just huge, red haired farm boys brawling in the streets all weekend long then buying each other beers afterwards.

Gotta check that action out some day.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

53 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I’ve heard St Paddy’s day is f^cking off the chain in that little town that Evil Kenevel is from. Like just huge, red haired farm boys brawling in the streets all weekend long then buying each other beers afterwards.

Gotta check that action out some day.

Butte. They aren't farm boys duking it out in the street though. They're just the Butte locals. That's a rough ass place. Funner than hell though. 

And yes, it's a +++++ing insane time worth checking out at least once before you die. 

It's a city worth visiting anyway IMO. At the turn of the century it was bigger than Los Angeles. And Uptown Butte bears a striking resemblance to San Francisco (building wise). 

Butte_uptown.jpg

26551852.jpg

I knew a woman from Butte who could open a non-twist beer bottle in her mouth. Don't fvck with people from Butte. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

They're a bunch of arrogant hillbilly assholes. I'm not surprised. 

I used to like the sign.... "Welcome to Montana; Now Get Out." 

That sums it up perfectly. I loved the landscape, and then I met some of the backwards people who lived up there. Ugh...

13 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I knew a woman from Butte who could open a non-twist beer bottle in her mouth. Don't fvck with people from Butte. 

I saw a guy from there eat glass one time. 

I bet that chick could pop ping pong balls out of her snatch like Winona Ryder too. 

That town is full of lunatics. I'd love to live there someday after I decided I no longer wanted to be a functioning member of society. 

Speaking of Butte, I knew these two guys from there. One's definitely dead now, the other might be. Anyway. They went to Yellowstone Park and while there saw a bear cub and decided it'd be cool to take home. So they caught it somehow, and put it in their trunk. Well, the damn thing started clawing its way out of the trunk, and had managed to claw through the backseat just as they were leaving the park. 

So they got dragged in. The Ranger was yelling at them. The one dude saw a pair of scissors on the Ranger's desk, picked them up, grabbed the ranger's tie and cut it off with the scissors in mid-rant. 

They got banned from the park and lost their hunting privileges for like 30 years or something over that. Same guys stole a steeple off a church in Bilings and put it on top of the EMC/MSUB dorms too. 

Like I said, that town is full of crazy people. 

38 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Damn, now you tell me this after I'm off the market. That sounds like my kinda woman! 

26 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I saw a guy from there eat glass one time. 

I bet that chick could pop ping pong balls out of her snatch like Winona Ryder too. 

That town is full of lunatics. I'd love to live there someday after I decided I no longer wanted to be a functioning member of society. 

Now I gotta check this place out. Wonder if there is any mtn biking there. Montana seems like one of those places where half is incredible mountains and half is the mid west.

18 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Now I gotta check this place out. Wonder if there is any mtn biking there. Montana seems like one of those places where half is incredible mountains and half is the mid west.

All over around there. It's in the mountain part not the flatlands of the East. Especially south of there. Going toward Bozeman has areas too but there's too many people there anymore. Down toward Dillon in those mountains is great biking. Honestly, its hard to go wrong in that part of the state. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Isn’t the other half of that town a mining pit?

Yep. That's half the charm. 

The great Lydia's is also there. 

54c96c672c296.image.jpg

ls.jpg

20 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

That's not the question I asked but apparently it's the one you want to answer because like all leftists you're a one trick pony ( Teh Racizm!!!).  The question I asked is have you ever been detained by authorities for the act speaking Spanish?  I asked because YOU said " it could be me!".   i then WENT on to point out how asinine your statement is in the context of modern American society and further pointed out how over the top the left is reacting to these sorts of incidents, such as claiming the incident to be a harbinger to some sort of on coming :authoritarian police state, which is about as stoopid as it gets.

Yes, it could be me means because i speak spanish i could just as easily have been detained for 30 minutes only due to a mental midget with a uniform happened to be standing next to me.  Not a difficult concept to understand, but you are certainly trying hard.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:57 PM, pokebball said:

Granted, Wyo is south of Montana but my gosh, we have significant spanish spoken in wyo.  I probably hear it every day.

With the ag in Montana, I can't believe there isn't significant spanish spoken in montana as well.  Obviously these two patrons suggest that, right?  I think this guy was the outlier.  probably some guy that transferred into montana from idaho :) 

The guard was from Texas and had transferred to montana

On 5/24/2018 at 6:29 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

So after she gave you a BJ your name is now Shorty, eh? 

I once went to a rodeo in Montana with, count them, TWO black people there.

It was nuts.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:18 AM, Joe from WY said:

Wrong kind of Ag. There's some beet fields the Mexicans work in, but that's in. Everything else is heavily mechanized; there are no fruit orchards or vineyards, to speak of, really. 

The only place where I've seen a white rebar crew is Montana, and all the contractors from Wyoming questioned the GC's sanity and that decision. 

On 5/24/2018 at 7:29 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

It isn't exactly hard to do

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I once went to a rodeo in Montana with, count them, TWO black people there.

It was nuts.

If you'd found the other 4 you could have attended it with the state's whole black population.