Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Athlon's early top 25

Pac 12 has a perception problem (as has been evident the past 5 years or so).  Their top team (Washington) is ranked #8, even though there are a total of 4 Pac teams in the Top 25.

Washington is behind 2 teams each from the ACC and Big 10 and behind 3 SEC teams.  I guess it's better than being the Big XII with Oklahoma being their highest ranker at #10... 

This looks very much like a prediction that doesn't take into account a conference or two self-cannibalizing.   5 B1G teams in the top 12 is a bit much, i doubt that many come out unscathed.

39 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

USC only #21?  That has to be completely unacceptable to that fanbase. Helton's seat will be getting pretty warm if they don't finish above that.   

I think Helton is the most overrated coach in America. SC aways gets battered in big games 

Related image

36 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

USC only #21?  That has to be completely unacceptable to that fanbase. Helton's seat will be getting pretty warm if they don't finish above that.   

It's realistic since a high school junior who just reclassified to this year's recruiting class could be the starting QB for the Trojans this fall.

1 hour ago, SparkysDad said:

Pac 12 has a perception problem (as has been evident the past 5 years or so).  Their top team (Washington) is ranked #8, even though there are a total of 4 Pac teams in the Top 25.

Washington is behind 2 teams each from the ACC and Big 10 and behind 3 SEC teams.  I guess it's better than being the Big XII with Oklahoma being their highest ranker at #10... 

Could it be even worse than last season for the Pac?  Probably not but USC hasn't been pulling its weight in that conference at least since the conference went to 12 schools.  When the horses of the conference are not what they are usually capable of doing, the conference's perception takes a hit. 

Alabama at #1. Wow, what a shocker. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

Boise is #19 and predicted in many polls to be the G5 representative of the NY6 Bowl.  So, why is Rocky ranked as a better coach than Harsin??  

down in a hole.jpg

38 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

Boise is #19 and predicted in many polls to be the G5 representative of the NY6 Bowl.  So, why is Rocky ranked as a better coach than Harsin??  

Weren't  you guys going to fire Harsin before last season?

1 hour ago, TRVIT said:

I think Helton is the most overrated coach in America. SC aways gets battered in big games 

I think he'll eventually get run out when they don't win a natty, but SC (and UW too) got +++++ed hard by the pac-12 scheduling - lot of friday road games after late saturday road games, etc.

5 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Especially when they lose their first game of the season. :P

5 hours ago, Broncomare said:

Because he has inferior talent to work with. ....:ph34r:

23 hours ago, fanhood said:

Weren't  you guys going to fire Harsin before last season?

Not me.  Some other bellyachers who don't have a clue.....

down in a hole.jpg

18 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Because he has inferior talent to work with. ....:ph34r:

That's true.... Boise State gets the best talent in the MWC.  

down in a hole.jpg