Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

What is Behind the Shootings in Chicago?

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Have fun with guns, under unemployment, and opiod addictions in those red rural hell holes.  Isn't that how you all like to talk about Chicago? 

Except what i have said about Chicago is true.  Almost everything you say is false.

There are lots of rural areas with almost 0 unemployment including northern Nevada as well as many other rural parts of the country.

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Except what i have said about Chicago is true.  Almost everything you say is false.

There are lots of rural areas with almost 0 unemployment including northern Nevada as well as many other rural parts of the country.

Tell me why red states have the most firearm deaths per capita.  What is gong in there?   How can we fix them?  Maybe they would have been happier if they would have expanded Obamacare so they could treat all of their HUGE drug problems.   It is hard to succeed if you are a junkie.

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Tell me why red states have the most firearm deaths per capita.  What is gong in there?   How can we fix them?  Maybe they would have been happier if they would have expanded Obamacare so they could treat all of their HUGE drug problems.   It is hard to succeed if you are a junkie.

Red states have most of the 10 lowest murder rates?  Tell us why you are so stupid that you keep posting the same idiotic shit over and over.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRord

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Red states have most of the 10 lowest murder rates?

What about firearm death rates from CDC?  It must be all the junkie suicides and neglected kids killing themselves.  How can we stop this scourge of rural America?  Maybe they just need more blue state welfare. 

Posted Image

8 minutes ago, Akkula said:

What about firearm death rates from CDC?  It must be all the junkie suicides and neglected kids killing themselves.  How can we stop this scourge of rural America?  Maybe they just need more blue state welfare. 

Guns are keeping people alive in the rurals.  Just look at the murder rates.  Even Alabama is lower than Illinois!

25 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Guns are keeping people alive in the rurals.  Just look at the murder rates.  Even Alabama is lower than Illinois!

Jesus, look at your own link. Alabama has a higher murder rate, and Nevada is just behind Illinois. Plus Nevada has a much higher firearm death rate than Illinois. Wyoming’s gun death rate is nearly double.

19 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Jesus, look at your own link. Alabama has a higher murder rate, and Nevada is just behind Illinois. Plus Nevada has a much higher firearm death rate than Illinois. Wyoming’s gun death rate is nearly double.

Wyoming's murder rate is 3 times lower than illinois.  Guns are protecting them.

Less people are getting killed by baseball bats and knives because of guns i guess.

7 hours ago, renoskier said:

Ummm.....didn't a "liberal" start this thread?

No. I’m a liberal, the OP is not.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I heard on KNX news radio that less than 5% of the World's population lives in the USA, yet 42% of the guns in the World are here in the USA.

In my opinion, it is important to understand that there are no absolutes as related to human behavior. However, I do think the breakdown in traditional family structure, and absence of biological fathers and mentoring and raising their own children is a significant factor. When families breakdown and end in divorce, most fathers are relegated to an every other weekend relationship with their children. And that is the situation where a couple started out committed to each other, committed enough to get married. In addition, there are large groups of children who don't know their fathers, their fathers are poor role models, or the parents don't care, or the parents live wives of crime, and addiction.

This is probably just a portion of the problem, I'm sure there are a lot of other Dynamics.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Another issue might be abortion. As I understand it, approximately 50 million babies have been killed in the womb in this country, which should be the safest place for a child. There is no way one can engage in this practice and not come away desensitized to the value of human life.

Once again, I'm sure there's many factors, but I think the above one is a contributing factor.

110926run_defense710.jpg

49 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

War on drugs takes care of that one

Well maybe they shouldn't be doing drugs, and instead get a job, pay their bills, take care of their kids. You know adult real life type of stuff. 

11 hours ago, Akkula said:

I would love to talk about urban poverty and historical racism but the only reason the reight wants to talk about Chicago it is tell people gun laws don't work and minorities are inferior.    I am not going to indulge that idiocy.

We know you live talking about racism...  you’re one of the most obvious racists on the board.

v0icAvfW.jpg

11 hours ago, Akkula said:

It is obvious gun control laws work.   Just look at firearm death rates of Illinois and New York vs Alabama.  Red states are killing fields with no laws and their guns get imported into Chicago.  Once high magazine capacity firearms are made class 3 weapons like machine guns that will also help Chicago.  Fewer firearms equals fewer deaths and this is proven internationally.  Talking about Chicago is mostly a racist dog whistle distraction from the firearm issue.  Chicago has other issues but adding an arsenal is like throwing gas on a fire.  The end.  

Most people consider suicide a personal choice and not comparable to murder there sport. 

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

In my opinion, it is important to understand that there are no absolutes as related to human behavior. However, I do think the breakdown in traditional family structure, and absence of biological fathers and mentoring and raising their own children is a significant factor. When families breakdown and end in divorce, most fathers are relegated to an every other weekend relationship with their children. And that is the situation where a couple started out committed to each other, committed enough to get married. In addition, there are large groups of children who don't know their fathers, their fathers are poor role models, or the parents don't care, or the parents live wives of crime, and addiction.

This is probably just a portion of the problem, I'm sure there are a lot of other Dynamics.

Why would the "biological" father matter in a traditional family structure? Your dad is who raises you, not whose cum you came from. 

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Well maybe they shouldn't be doing drugs, and instead get a job, pay their bills, take care of their kids. You know adult real life type of stuff. 

Yeah, cause white people definitely don't do drugs and then also manage to get jobs, pay bills, and take care of their kids because of unequal enforcement.

It's like you try to be racist. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Another issue might be abortion. As I understand it, approximately 50 million babies have been killed in the womb in this country, which should be the safest place for a child. There is no way one can engage in this practice and not come away desensitized to the value of human life.

Once again, I'm sure there's many factors, but I think the above one is a contributing factor.

More abortions would lead to less single-parent households. And if we buy into this premise that broken households are the cause of increased gun violence, then more abortions=less gun violence.

Did we just solve the gun crisis!??!?

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Why would the "biological" father matter in a traditional family structure? Your dad is who raises you, not whose cum you came from. 

It's like you try to be racist.

Not sure if the racism was tossed at all three of us. Nothing like throwing out racism to encourage thoughtful discussion.

As for biological fathers,  common sense says it does matter.  That is not to diminish the contribution of step fathers.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

More abortions would lead to less single-parent households. And if we buy into this premise that broken households are the cause of increased gun violence, then more abortions=less gun violence.

Did we just solve the gun crisis!??!?

More killing would solve a lot of problems, SMH

110926run_defense710.jpg

@Boise fan, I think you need to change the thread title to "What is Behind the Shootings in Red States?"

What is decaying the social fabric of rural/red America so much that they feel their only recourse is to blow their head off, commit a mass shooting, or kill themselves with opiods?  Where has their value for human life gone?  The decline of sobriety in rural America because of hopelessness, guns, superstition, lack of opportunity, and paranoia has left a lot of kids fending for themselves.  If they can't get good jobs why aren't they just moving to the more prosperous cities instead of sitting there festering and ghettoized in their trailers?  How do we fix this American Carnage?  

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Not sure if the racism was tossed at all three of us. Nothing like throwing out racism to encourage thoughtful discussion.

I've tried thoughtful discussion with him for months. The mental gymnastics he goes through to ignore obvious systemic differences in this country are impressive and can only really be seen as racism at this point. 

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

As for biological fathers,  common sense says it does matter.  That is not to diminish the contribution of step fathers.

Who gives a flying +++++ about common sense? All that means is "it helps my argument and I'm too lazy or too worried that I'll end up being wrong to google it"

Broken families are hard for kids because two single parents are not as effective as one team of 2 parents, not because if biological mommy and biological daddy aren't living under the same roof then the kid suffers

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.