Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU ‘19

On 11/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

They need to be conservative with the remaining schollies because we desperately need to bring in a good transfer QB and a couple transfer O-linemen.

Totally agree. The staff has barely sent any offers out lately, so they must be happy with what they've got right now. Save some for the second period when P5 guys fall through the cracks.

In all honesty. I call bullshit on those offers. I watched his tape, and given his size, it wasnt impressive.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

We lost one of our top commits, Brandon Shivers. Dude is legit, but his comments make it seem like it was mutual, which is a little odd. He left due to “changes in the program”. If he was coming in at CB, not sure what changes could affect that. If he was coming in as a Safety, maybe we’re switching away from the 3-3-5? Either way, we have youth at CB and we can recruit that position well.

5 hours ago, badfish said:

We lost one of our top commits, Brandon Shivers. Dude is legit, but his comments make it seem like it was mutual, which is a little odd. He left due to “changes in the program”. If he was coming in at CB, not sure what changes could affect that. If he was coming in as a Safety, maybe we’re switching away from the 3-3-5? Either way, we have youth at CB and we can recruit that position well.

No way we are moving away from the 3-3-5. Very curious as to what the "changes" are that he was referring to.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:48 PM, Dirtball said:

In all honesty. I call bullshit on those offers. I watched his tape, and given his size, it wasnt impressive.

why on earth is a kid with that offer list barely a 3*? Surely they would have given him the good ol' SEC offer bump by now.

8 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

why on earth is a kid with that offer list barely a 3*? Surely they would have given him the good ol' SEC offer bump by now.

They were probably all conditional offers. I.e. this offer expires after midnight, accept it now or it is gone. Recruit-filling tactic by the blue-bloods.

Sounds like we landed former Wazzu DT commit Nassir Sims. Big, if true, as we really struggle to recruit DL.

I have a hunch we land CB Demarcus Griffin as well.

Another possible commit could be:

I don't care what the skeptics say. I know enough football to say Green is a late bloomer. He's from a suburb of Seattle where football quality is good and his senior film is very impressive. I'll also note that his "cumulative" rating makes him just a 2-star recruit but the 247 scout rated him 81, which is low 3-star.

As I've said on Aztec Sports Report (which I won't be on anymore after Christmas because I refuse to continue to pay for next to nothing), I still expect us to land another veteran quarterback during the March signing period. Devon Modster just chose Cal yesterday so Blaine Morgan and Jeff Horton better get off their butts and find a similar guy.

Boom goes the dynamite.