Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU ‘19

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

Exactly. But if you look at Aztecmesa, the sky is falling. Why are people so dumb?

They like shiny things like 4* WRs and don’t trust the staff to evaluate talent.

On 12/22/2018 at 6:41 AM, fanhood said:

Exactly. But if you look at Aztecmesa, the sky is falling. Why are people so dumb?

I agree with a caveat. When was the last time an SDSU football season ended with such disappointment?

So I wouldn't say they're dumb, just unable to keep in mind that when things haven't gone well before, Rocky used the off season to made necessary adjustments.

Boom goes the dynamite.

46 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I agree with a caveat. When was the last time an SDSU football season ended with such disappointment?

So I wouldn't say they're dumb, just unable to keep in mind that when things haven't gone well before, Rocky used the off season to made necessary adjustments.

I have a few friends that like to get a rise out of me regarding SDSU. One said "Wow, you are not feeling well this Bowl Season." The other said "this is a new low for SDSU football."

To the former I responded "This team went from good, to average to bad, over 13 games. I am glad this season is over." To the latter I said "If this is a 'new low' I am a happy guy, as you don't seem to remember the 90s and 2000." 

My point is, I get it. This season was horrible. With that being said it was a 7-6 season, with an incredibly young team. The morons calling for Horton, and Rocky's head (yes idiots are saying that), should simply stop watching the games.

According to Aztec Mesa, every coach needs to be fired, and we need to replace Rocky with a young, up & coming HC who will take less money than every P5 program and never, ever leave us. That way we can get all the 4 and 5 star guys who would have come to SDSU all these years if it weren't for that darn Rocky!

Looking like a couple silent commits right now, but the staff and recruiting is extremely quiet. Could be a good thing, could mean we aren’t having any luck. Haven’t seen many new offers given out recently (only 1 I can think of since first signing day) so that’s good.

http://ocsportszone.com/santa-ana-high-football-star-patrick-mcmorris-commits-to-play-division-1-football-at-san-diego-state-university/

Not highly recruited and my only guess on the reason is he played in a mediocre league. He will probably hurt our 247 ranking but so be it. His video is impressive and he's been vocally supported by Ray Rowe, who started at TE during the Faulk years, and JR Tolver, SDSU's all-time yardage receiver.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

http://ocsportszone.com/santa-ana-high-football-star-patrick-mcmorris-commits-to-play-division-1-football-at-san-diego-state-university/

Not highly recruited and my only guess on the reason is he played in a mediocre league. He will probably hurt our 247 ranking but so be it. His video is impressive and he's been vocally supported by Ray Rowe, who started at TE during the Faulk years, and JR Tolver, SDSU's all-time yardage receiver.

You linked McMorris, but the comment is about Tumblin. Neither were highly recruited though. McMorris put up huge numbers in only 1/2 of a season in a crappy league, and Tumblin is a great ATH/Dual Threat QB, but don’t think he’s played DB. Both will need time to learn, but they remind me of Kam Kelly who was a super athletic QB and ended up being a great Aztec DB.

McMorris was one of those guys who went from 5'11 to 6'2 legit in a year and a half. He also was athletic but very awkward. oozes potential. Tumblin is a good QB. still surprised there is not grad transfer dt. JC guy Tavaii seems not interested. Our coaching staff went form the best to one of the worst inexperience in one year and man did it show. Already one guy fired. We have no money for good assistants big-time dreams require a big time wallet. I think Tumblin caved under pressure t commit but he is not admitting it in tweets. I also think they want him as a safety and he wants to get a shot at QB. I expect a lot of defectors after spring ball.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

10 minutes ago, badfish said:

Huge get. 24 offers, including 15 from P5 schools. Looks like he Flipped from Vanderbilt when we said he could play DE.

These are the kind of players you guys can get just because of San Diego, CA.

17 minutes ago, Cincy said:

These are the kind of players you guys can get just because of San Diego, CA.

And because we have like 5 total scholarship DL, so feshmen see a chance to play early.

3 hours ago, badfish said:

Huge get. 24 offers, including 15 from P5 schools. Looks like he Flipped from Vanderbilt when we said he could play DE.

Huge get. Congrats. It looks like SDSU, CSU, and Fresno are rounding out their classes and will finish at the top... per usual. 

The only thing left is a transfer nose tackle. I don't get too excited about rakings if you look at the transfer portal it is full of four stars that could not cut it. I think it is safe to say the MW is doing quite well though. Aztecs class is long and athletic but will need some strength work for many. The dual-threat QB's now two of them says a lot about the future.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Local RB, committed out of HS but didn’t qualify. Went to Arizona Western and was the top JC RB of his class. Went to Nebraska but didn’t get enough playing time and had family issues home in SD. Transfering and walking on at SDSU. 

https://twitter.com/sdutkirkdkenney/status/1106376950098980864?s=21

New SDSU WR commit: https://247sports.com/player/dominic-benson-79907/

Nothing to be thrilled about but the kid was a preferred walk-on at VA Tech before transferring to Ventura College and as a track guy he has speed to fill the role Fred Trevillion had the last two years.

Boom goes the dynamite.