Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

SDSU ‘19

6’2” 260LB NT/DE from big time SoCal program committed to the Aztecs. Only a couple other offers and 2* rating, but looks to be a solid pickup. We always struggle recruiting NTs, so to get one this soon in the process is a plus.

Film:

9 sacks, 12 TFLs as a junior vs some of the state’s top competition.

I was starting to get a bit concerned.

Boise has already begun kicking butt and several other MW schools had commitments. And this isn't just any year; rather, it's a year when our recruiting coordinator bolted to join Bigmouth Edwards at Arizona. But watching these things over the years, it seems as though getting the first verbal really helps to start the dominoes falling.

Nielsen looks like a good one but at 260, he isn't carrying close to the weight needed to play the middle of a 3-man line. At least he's 6-2 so should be able to hit the weights and the training table and pack on 20 lbs. or so during his redshirt year.

Boom goes the dynamite.

There are only nine scholarship seniors on the roster so,  I would expect at most 12 recruits if a few guys leave. After the passing leagues in a week most likely they will get a few more commits, but no reason for them to take somebody unless he really is good. Loaded everywhere but QB, and need at least one maybe two JC Defensive lineman.I imagine they will take two QB's a frosh and a transfer. I think they will go hard at Hawaii now with two good Punahou guys and Kam guy.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Not 100% positive on this one, but 3* CB Brandon Shivers visited last week and was supposed to visit Michigan State but has been silent. His twitter header says SDSU commit, but he hasn’t publicly said anything.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Brandon-Shivers-104879/RecruitInterests/

Offers to Michigan State, Oregon, Nebraska, Missouri, Louisville and more. #68 CB in the country.

Looks like SDSU recruiting has really picked it up this year. I'm really surprised that SDSU hasn't been able to get a blue-chip recruit at RB. It just seems like such a great opportunity to get a lot of carries while also showcasing yourself for the next level.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:21 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I was starting to get a bit concerned.

Boise has already begun kicking butt and several other MW schools had commitments. And this isn't just any year; rather, it's a year when our recruiting coordinator bolted to join Bigmouth Edwards at Arizona. But watching these things over the years, it seems as though getting the first verbal really helps to start the dominoes falling.

Nielsen looks like a good one but at 260, he isn't carrying close to the weight needed to play the middle of a 3-man line. At least he's 6-2 so should be able to hit the weights and the training table and pack on 20 lbs. or so during his redshirt year.

We know what it feels like to lose coaches. Go Broncos!

Looks like we also got a commit from 6'2" 210lb Monte Vista RB Jahmon McClendon.  More of a bruiser back who runs upright with ok speed and is a fantastic blocker.  We haven't had a big, bruising RB in our system yet so perhaps he plays that role.  Perhaps he ends up being a FB or a LB.  I just don't think he has the speed to be a feature back.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jahmon-McClendon-46055339

On 6/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, kingpotato said:

Looks like SDSU recruiting has really picked it up this year. I'm really surprised that SDSU hasn't been able to get a blue-chip recruit at RB. It just seems like such a great opportunity to get a lot of carries while also showcasing yourself for the next level.

Supposedly we are after another TX RB who is very highly sought after.  Who the hell knows if it comes to fruition.

4 hours ago, Fowl said:

Supposedly we are after another TX RB who is very highly sought after.  Who the hell knows if it comes to fruition.

TJ McDaniel?

4 hours ago, Fowl said:

Looks like we also got a commit from 6'2" 210lb Monte Vista RB Jahmon McClendon.  More of a bruiser back who runs upright with ok speed and is a fantastic blocker.  We haven't had a big, bruising RB in our system yet so perhaps he plays that role.  Perhaps he ends up being a FB or a LB.  I just don't think he has the speed to be a feature back.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jahmon-McClendon-46055339

McClendon is a wildcard. If you watch his film, you have to watch the whole thing because he has a lot of random plays that don’t show much. He had a state record 8 TDs in their CIF game last year, but doesn’t have any other offers. We usually have a great eye got RBs, so we’ll see.

On 6/20/2018 at 3:44 PM, kingpotato said:

We think, based on tape, that zidane thomas from Phx area is that back of the future.