Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

WTF Wolfpack Weak Sauce OOC

14 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Your fanbase has the arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Troy State. It's a good thing I'm entertained by your posts, at least. Well, yours. And Blues's, and Top25's polls. 

as my dad used to say, "I'd like to buy them for what they're worth, and sell them for what they think they're worth."  :lol:

59 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Honestly IDK the problem. that's not a bad start. There's 3 more games. USC supposedly being one of them. Let's wait and see what it ends up looking like. 

B/c Loyola, SDSU, ASU, BYU, UMass/SIU, Tulsa isn't a bad start. the Cal Baptist is really the only "this is +++++ing retarded why did they schedule it" game, honestly. Even the GCU game is decent. And UOP is usually a decent enough team. 

Now if the OOC ends up being filled with Stanislaus State, Montana-Western, and Evergreen State College, then there's some serious problems, but if it's USC + 2 other solid to good teams, it's a good schedule IMO. 

We didn't schedule the Cal Baptist game. That game is part of the Las Vegas Invitational thing we are in along with Tulsa, UMass and Southern Illinois. 

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

We didn't schedule the Cal Baptist game. That game is part of the Las Vegas Invitational thing we are in along with Tulsa, UMass and Southern Illinois. 

So somebody else came in and entered you in that tournament? I mean, you guys blame a lot on us, but I wish we HAD thought of that.

Reno was a pretty good add for USC's OOC, considering their toxic status after last year's FBI scandal. I'm sure they'll take any quasi-legitimate opponent they can get at this point.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 hours ago, ScarletGray_Everyday said:

So somebody else came in and entered you in that tournament? I mean, you guys blame a lot on us, but I wish we HAD thought of that.

We entered that tournament to play three other teams which were unnamed at the time. Then as part of that tournament we would get two home games against unnamed teams before going to Las Vegas. 

If Nevada is playing against USC, I don't think their fans would be to happy with it. Many of them want more power conference teams and less teams they could care less about. USC is working on a not bad OOC either.

4 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

We entered that tournament to play three other teams which were unnamed at the time. Then as part of that tournament we would get two home games against unnamed teams before going to Las Vegas. 

Damn, I'm sorry. Did your AD do that? He put you blindly into a tournament for which you had no idea who else was going to be in there? Or was that your coach? Either way, what were they thinking? It could have been Abilene Christian, or Santa Clara, or the 3 Sisters of the Poor. Close enough, actually. Hopefully you get into a decent tournament next year.

1 hour ago, ScarletGray_Everyday said:

Damn, I'm sorry. Did your AD do that? He put you blindly into a tournament for which you had no idea who else was going to be in there? Or was that your coach? Either way, what were they thinking? It could have been Abilene Christian, or Santa Clara, or the 3 Sisters of the Poor. Close enough, actually. Hopefully you get into a decent tournament next year.

Villanova, Kentucky and Duke were all penciled in until Nevada was announced and they all dropped. So we are stuck with who it is...😕

On 5/19/2018 at 2:59 PM, jdgaucho said:

It's not complete yet.  I'm guessing they are waiting to see whether Caroline and the twins come back before filling out those last three ooc games (or two, if USC included).

You can take it to the bank that Caroline will be back. I'd be really surprised if Cody didn't return. And I still think the odds of Caleb returning are pretty good. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You can take it to the bank that Caroline will be back. I'd be really surprised if Cody didn't return. And I still think the odds of Caleb returning are pretty good. 

Cody actually out performed Caleb in the Combine. I remain hopeful they both return. If they do, we could have 3 future NBA draft picks & 2 euro ballers in our starting 5. We'd have a couple more future pros on the bench too. 

Hard to believe. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Selfishly, I would love to see us on Nevada's schedule as I think UCSB is where Nevada was entering '16-'17. 

While our incoming class and transfers weren't rated as high as the twins and Brown, there are still four players rated at least 3*, with three of those earning 4* marks.  Would be a good barometer.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:35 PM, 4UNLV said:

So you could be a top 5 team, and yet get a 4 seed because of a weak schedule and that would be ok with you? That's what gaming the RPI will get you. The committee would look at that schedule and that's as high as you go. Hopefully Muss is working to get somebody else on there, and not intentionally just scheduling sh*t like that. Your team and fans deserve better. @TheSanDieganis right, UNR has got a golden opportunity here, if they're smart enough to take it.

I find it funny that you would be critical of Nevada's schedule when UNLV won't go on the road to play....that's a huge consideration for the committee. That being said, Muss wants a strong schedule and has said as much, but he has also said that he's had difficulty getting good teams to sign up. Not sure what else they can do. 

On 5/19/2018 at 10:33 PM, Joe from WY said:

Your fanbase has the arrogance of Notre Dame with the tradition of Troy State. It's a good thing I'm entertained by your posts, at least. Well, yours. And Blues's, and Top25's polls. 

Notre Dame's fanbase has the arrogance of Boise State with the recent tradition of Troy State.

There I fixed it for you since in the last 20 years, our program has been significantly better than Notre Dame. And frankly, Troy has been better than Notre Dame. :)

20 minutes ago, BobbyBoSox said:

Notre Dame's fanbase has the arrogance of Boise State with the recent tradition of Troy State.

There I fixed it for you since in the last 20 years, our program has been significantly better than Notre Dame. And frankly, Troy has been better than Notre Dame. :)

Everybody likes a little ass but nobody likes a smart ass. 

22 hours ago, ScarletGray_Everyday said:

I think the person in charge of scheduling at the time when that was made isn't with the program anymore. However many times you know the teams possibly in the tournament but it is a long while before you find out the two teams you get at home for preliminary games for that tournament.

20 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Villanova, Kentucky and Duke were all penciled in until Nevada was announced and they all dropped. So we are stuck with who it is...😕

Really? I heard it was Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona and Louisville until that NCAA thing hit and then they heard about Muss possibly taking off his shirt if they won a game. Those two things were to hard to overcome to remain in the tournament.

18 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

i was on a message board and will try to find the write up but it appears that Cody and Caleb Martin didn't do that well at the combines. If true I think all three will be returning to school.

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I find it funny that you would be critical of Nevada's schedule when UNLV won't go on the road to play....that's a huge consideration for the committee. That being said, Muss wants a strong schedule and has said as much, but he has also said that he's had difficulty getting good teams to sign up. Not sure what else they can do. 

Oh were we talking about UNLV? Because that’s an entirely different thread.

As I said, I’m hoping Muss is trying. This could be a special team, and should be showcased.